*Broke FAW Even Worse Than Before
    -- Torpedo Spread may be broken too.
    -- Honestly we don't know what we're doing here. HELP

*Random Stealth Nerfs
    --muahahahahahahahah
    --ahahahahahah!
    --BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA-
    -- *cough*

*Buffed all Borg Torpedoes And Gave Cubes Evasive 3 With No Cooldown.
    --we may have been drunk when we came up with this

i lold. hard.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • teliaravteliarav Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would love to see a 15% bonus Zen sale. I've got a bag full of shiney Christmas coins that I want to spend. :D
  • icemedicicemedic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have no issue with them making the game better even if there is no patch. I just don't understand why it can't be done at a reasonable time, not the middle of the afternoon
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Random overly suspicious HardCore STO Player sits down in front of his overly customized, bleeding edge of technology, badly overpriced gaming laptop:

"Oh yeah! STO server downtime over! Time to take my Fleet Scimi out for a -

What's this? OMG! OMG! They Stealth Nerfed EVERYTHING! Those b******s! I swear to GOD! I'm NEVER gonna play this c****y-a***d excuse for a game again! EVERY time I get my ship to 100k DPS, those b******s nerf the s**t out of something and then swear they didn't touch nothin'! And now the Loader won't even come up! I'm...I'm... Hunh? WTH? Forgot to hit the Power button. Oops. Nevermind."
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Random overly suspicious HardCore STO Player sits down in front of his overly customized, bleeding edge of technology, badly overpriced gaming laptop:

"Oh yeah! STO server downtime over! Time to take my Fleet Scimi out for a -

What's this? OMG! OMG! They Stealth Nerfed EVERYTHING! Those b******s! I swear to GOD! I'm NEVER gonna play this c****y-a***d excuse for a game again! EVERY time I get my ship to 100k DPS, those b******s nerf the s**t out of something and then swear they didn't touch nothin'! And now the Loader won't even come up! I'm...I'm... Hunh? WTH? Forgot to hit the Power button. Oops. Nevermind."

you need to buy me a new keyboard now I spit coffee over it when I lolled at this :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I guess 2hrs is better than a global server outage (which I blame squarely on the maid unplugging the servers for the vacuum cleaner) from a un-mentioned MMO I have played.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    icemedic wrote: »
    I have no issue with them making the game better even if there is no patch. I just don't understand why it can't be done at a reasonable time, not the middle of the afternoon

Only middle of the afternoon for us in the EU - they're yanks so early morning DT for them :cool:

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    icemedic wrote: »

Are you not aware of global time zones. It may be the middle of the afternoon with you but with Cryptic it is early morning. Cryptic can not do it at a time to please every single country worldwide.

Patches / maintenance etc is always done at around the time stated on the launcher.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    REAL secret evil patch notes, December 27th, 2013:

--Broke FAW again; you will never, ever score a crit with this power now!!! And now even activating it drains your ship's power completely for a whole minute, leaving you dead in the water without shields! Hahahahaha!!! Oh, and we nerfed Torpedo Spread and Cannon Scatter volley, and probably torpedo high yield--weed is a powerful nerf motivator! Bwahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

--Made it so that NOBODY can log in to the game, on any computer through any launcher, unless they have ARC up and running, permanently! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! RAGEQUIT ON US, LOWLY PEONS!!!!! WE DARE YOU!!!!!

--Added random TRIBBLE ads as pop-ups in-game. We were high when we came up with this one; give us a break!

--Tovan Khev is now the only boff that you are allowed; all boffs will look like him, sound like him, and will be unkickable. Plus, you can't change his looks now! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

--Added stealth nerfs that YOU WILL NEVER FIND AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!1!1!!11!

--BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

--Just try flying a Scimitar NOW, serfs! HEEHOOHAHAHAHAAA!!!!! Try it! We dare you!

--Blew up the server while drunk because somebody dumped a bottle of champagne on it. On purpose. He was promoted on the spot to director of human resources.

--AHAHAHAHA!!!

--Borg ships all have +1000000% shields and hull and spam instakill torpedoes in every direction!

--BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

--MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!

--KKKKKHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Seriously, now, nice job on not actually needing to patch, guys. Looking forward to a great year, and I hope that you all had a great Christmas/Boxing Day/Kwanzaa (sp?)/Hanukkah (sp?)/Festivus/Honor Day/other random holiday. I know that I and my brand new collectors' edition of Star Trek: First Contact did.
  • cadencepulsecadencepulse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    des101 wrote: »
    Only middle of the afternoon for us in the EU - they're yanks so early morning DT for them :cool:

Now who are y'all calling a Yank? I'm from south of the Mason-Dixon Line. And it is mid-morning for me, early morning for the west coast, bedtime in the Antipodes, mid-afternoon(ish) for Europe :)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Our scheduled maintenance and restart has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cheers my friend :) As you say see you back in game soon lol
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the dev team has been doing a fantasic job,

Im not going to say anything about that... :confused:
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Liberated borgs ...how could they be a faction? They are no longer borg , so it would be weird.

Also, Seven of Nine outfit is in the Cstore usable for all fed races with borgy parts. I just bought it for the cyborg bits.

Actually, in the end of TNG, all we remember Lore, the eternal nemesis of Data, and the "faction" he created with semi-liberated borg. It was not actually a faction lol, but it was intended to start making one.

But no, there is no possibility of a Borg liberated faction, since once they are liberated, they are supossed free to join their respective species. A liberated romulan borg will be just romulan, and so on..
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    Our scheduled maintenance and restart has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I hope it goes smooth and my and my fleets thanks for all the new things we have got in the last few months

However you may not know

Beam overload is a worthless skill in PvE now that it has been balenved in PvP a avg of 10k damage is pretty worthless against the borg compared to Csv and Crf

We get few to no crits from Bfaw cutting our damage from Bfaw bt 50%

Bfaw users who use Tac characters with DeM and the marion Doff are bot affected and still put out 20k plus damage

So regular players without the marion doff have been hurt making Bfaw very unattractive to cruisers especially Romulan cruisers

Everyone in our fleet is now leaving beam arrays and going to cannons because of this because Beam weapons in PvE are pretty much a 2nd class weapon

Brandon please advise the support team to examine Beam weapons because right now there not orth putting on our ships

I doubled my DPS switching from beams to cannons on my avenger its that bad
    and as i said earlier Marion Doff captions are not affected by the receent beam weapon /bfaw changes/nerf's
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

2 hours of dull time
    2 hours of trolls who say "this is picking on me"
    2 hours of SPAM!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wasn't it possible to just skip maintenance for this week?
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah, well, I can get some knitting done other than between sector space traveling ;)

I'm just glad I can play the game. It started crashing my video drivers last week and the only way I can boot in without the video crashing is in safe mode on the launcher.

Edit: I just hope it fixes me getting booted out of the game several times a day.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The server needed dusting. :P
    edited December 2013
    salem1574 wrote: »
    The server needed dusting. :P

or a winter holiday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Are you not aware of global time zones. It may be the middle of the afternoon with you but with Cryptic it is early morning. Cryptic can not do it at a time to please every single country worldwide.

Patches / maintenance etc is always done at around the time stated on the launcher.

Unfortunately, if they changed the time for you it was affect someone else. There is not a satisfactory time for this.

http://24timezones.com/
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OK, back to SWTOR until this is done. Youtube if i feel adventitious. Or try to hack the launcher until i break it. Or become a dev. or a million other things that would waste my time. PS, Bran, how's the ice skating rink idea coming along? (Yes, that was me who twittered you that.) Or can we please extend the winter event?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ^^And it's one day out of the week. Unless that's the only day you get to play, I don't see a big problem with losing 2-3 hours (barring unforeseen delays) of game time a week, whatever time they choose.

The time for me is mid-morning to noon in the Central time zone.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited December 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    OK, can we please extend the winter event?

that will be a no! lol its not their fault u couldnt be bothered to do the race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2013
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    that will be a no! lol its not their fault u couldnt be bothered to do the race.

No, my computer died and I missed 1 too many days fixing it. The OS got destroyed by a virus. I just need 1-2 more days on the event... GAHHH! One day short of a new ship :eek:
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited December 2013
    No, my computer died and I missed 1 too many days fixing it. The OS got destroyed by a virus. I just need 1-2 more days on the event... GAHHH! One day short of a new ship :eek:

save them till next year then, be the 1st to get next years new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2013
    save them till next year then, be the 1st to get next years new one

It's already qued. or I could get 2 in one year... or we could freaking extend the winter event one more freakn day... or is that too much to ask?;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited December 2013
    It's already qued. or I could get 2 in one year... or we could freaking extend the winter event one more freakn day... or is that too much to ask?;)

no no no.... they wont do it, they only do it if they have a problem which ment no one could get them so ur fresh out of luck! now its time to save them and wait till next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2013
    no no no.... they wont do it, they only do it if they have a problem which ment no one could get them so ur fresh out of luck! now its time to save them and wait till next year.

TRIBBLE or, as Charlie Brown would say, RATS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited December 2013
    TRIBBLE or, as Charlie Brown would say, RATS.

thats life, life isnt always fair.

but think of the bragging rights next year, you will have the new one first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.