test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I can not display my armor on Romulan toons

elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I am not sure if it is because of the uniform I wear or if it is from something else.

I use the Romulan Survivor uniform, the open one with the small pointy shoulders. I can't login right now to get the exact name of that uniform but I think you might be able to figure it out and later when server is back after Maintenance I will edit or add to the post and put the correct name in.

All I can display is my weapon and my kit, if I choose to display my armor I don't get to see it, ever...why?
Post edited by elemberq333 on

Comments

• calculiticcalculitic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My Romulan can't display his armor either. Neither can the Klingons.

Only Federation characters and Bridge officers (my romulan liberated borg BOFF can display hers).

I suggest you keep bug reporting it. If Klingons can't display theirs then I don't have high hopes that Romulans will ever be able to show theirs.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its a rommie thing, the kdf have the same problem.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am not sure if it is because of the uniform I wear or if it is from something else.

I use the Romulan Survivor uniform, the open one with the small pointy shoulders. I can't login right now to get the exact name of that uniform but I think you might be able to figure it out and later when server is back after Maintenance I will edit or add to the post and put the correct name in.

All I can display is my weapon and my kit, if I choose to display my armor I don't get to see it, ever...why?

Welcome to Federation Trek Online. If it's not Fed related, or something they can put in the C-$tore, don't expect to see it fixed in your lifetime.

The KDF faction has had similar issues since Beta that still haven't been fixed. There are bugs with KDF uniforms that have manifested themselves in the Romulan uniform sets. I've even got a Reman BOFF that's KDF aligned, but instead of having access to the KDF alliance uniforms, I get the Fed options instead.

If you look at the various uniform options available on the C-$tore, you'll note there are 2 for KDF, 3 for Romulan, and nearly 20 for Fed. KDF characters have had the same anemic uniform options for almost 3 years now, with few additions. The options for boots don't appear to have changed at all.

Anything but Fed faction has always been treated as if it were an afterthought, and they've carried that same apathy into the Romulan content.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valethar wrote: »
    Welcome to Federation Trek Online. If it's not Fed related, or something they can put in the C-$tore, don't expect to see it fixed in your lifetime.

The KDF faction has had similar issues since Beta that still haven't been fixed. There are bugs with KDF uniforms that have manifested themselves in the Romulan uniform sets. I've even got a Reman BOFF that's KDF aligned, but instead of having access to the KDF alliance uniforms, I get the Fed options instead.

If you look at the various uniform options available on the C-$tore, you'll note there are 2 for KDF, 3 for Romulan, and nearly 20 for Fed. KDF characters have had the same anemic uniform options for almost 3 years now, with few additions. The options for boots don't appear to have changed at all.

Anything but Fed faction has always been treated as if it were an afterthought, and they've carried that same apathy into the Romulan content.

I've been noticing that myself. Infact the very lack of ships on the KDF for science and so few ships for the romulans while the federation has piles of ships to choose from, just kills me.

You'd think when they put in the klingons, then the romulans they'd have a set of ships for each specialty right?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    calculitic wrote: »
    My Romulan can't display his armor either. Neither can the Klingons.

Only Federation characters and Bridge officers (my romulan liberated borg BOFF can display hers).

I suggest you keep bug reporting it. If Klingons can't display theirs then I don't have high hopes that Romulans will ever be able to show theirs.

During Season 2 or 3, they briefly gave access to the Armor visuals to the KDF, but there were numerous bugs. One of which was that the color of the piping on the chest was yellow for ALL KDF regardless of department. Sadly, they quickly revoked the armor visuals by season 4 and have not seen fit to fix or restore them since. I crying shame, really. Even if they were bugged, I still would like to have them back.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As was stated above: You are not federation; you are not star fleet. You are not real and exist solely to keep the federation from being lonely.. It took player semi revolt to get the KFD created, and once created the KDF was pushed aside and almost entirely forgotten. You are a mini-faction. That mini-factions existence is only to balance out the flagging PVP attendance of the feds and klingons, and as a device for incredibly insipid plot devices to move the storyline forward ( lets see we spend the entire last half of the rommie story line destroying iconian gates and stopping the people who are opening them and we do WHAT?? Open a frikkin gate.. Lame ). You will never have visible armor, you will never be recognized as a romulan ( even kdf get mistaken by the script as Feds at times ) and you will never have a fleet to call home that is composed of other romulans. You did not choose to be Captain Quirk or Mr Spook so therefore They dont give a damn.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • malkaevianmalkaevian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree this seriously needs to be fixed..

However, at least the Romulans have the coolest looking ships. They could have shafted us on that also.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To be honest, I don't want romulans or klingons to have armor visuals. I don't think they would work for non feds. They just don't have a very kdf/romulan look to them.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    To be honest, I don't want romulans or klingons to have armor visuals. I don't think they would work for non feds. They just don't have a very kdf/romulan look to them.
    fewer tropical birds, jet packs, and federation bridges and they could make romulan and klingon styled armor
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited November 2013
    fewer tropical birds, jet packs, and federation bridges and they could make romulan and klingon styled armor

I guess, but I wouldn't want the klingon armor to be all glowy like the fed. A true warrior has no time for such nonsense.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are you KDF aligned? My close combat kit shows up on my Fed Rom, his costumes are the cilivian rolled short sleeve, and the 22nd century uniform. There are clipping issues, especially with things like the harnesses, Tal-Shiar chest piece, or the sashes, but I still have the option.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad I cant display armour, its not very trek an if memory serves, some of the original devs were not trek fans but loved mass effect, so it says a lot about some of the original ideas an assets. I for one want the option for an unlock on stf ground gear to make it look romulan.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's how I personally would like this to be "resolved":
    There are some KDF costume options that allow the player to use an "armored" version of their uniforms.
    And the Romulans have received the option to take a visible tricorder with them as part of their costume.
    Do the same for both factions only the other way around:

Allow the KDF to take some stuff with them as part of their costume options like knives (depending on the species there's more than just Klingon weaponry to be chosen;) ) and of course a tricorder at the belt.
    Canon example:
    http://fs-rpg.com/wiki/images/7/7d/Kruge_1.jpg

And of course allow the Romulans some additional variations for their existing costumes that have a somewhat "protected/armored vest" characteristic without looking overly blocky.

And then (I hope!) we'd all feel safe and properly equipped for our next away mission.:)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    I guess, but I wouldn't want the klingon armor to be all glowy like the fed. A true warrior has no time for such nonsense.
    Id see KDF Armor looking more like actual plate-mail or light powered armor. Romulans would prolly have thinner stuff, really high tech and stealth oriented.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited November 2013

Why not? Not everyone is a fan for classic archaic weapons and armor. Some are fans of futuristic armor if only for the intimidating effect it has on others.
    edited November 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    Why not? Not everyone is a fan for classic archaic weapons and armor. Some are fans of futuristic armor if only for the intimidating effect it has on others.

oh honey, if you think those neon wet-suits are intimidating.... then I want to live in your world. Must be pleasant.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I never liked the armors in this game, the only ones I liked are the OMEGA, MACO, Honor Guard, and now the Voth. the standard ones look like junk. In matter of fact... a long time ago Cryptic didn't you say you were going to do away with those and put them in the tailor?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captw wrote: »
    I never liked the armors in this game, the only ones I liked are the OMEGA, MACO, Honor Guard, and now the Voth. the standard ones look like junk. In matter of fact... a long time ago Cryptic didn't you say you were going to do away with those and put them in the tailor?

Cryptic says a lot of things...
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This sums it up, they only made one set of visuals, if KDF and Romulans could turn their visuals on they would look like they were running around in Federation gear, to change that the art department would need to make completely new sets of visuals for both KDF and RR and figure out a way to link it so that the same gear looks different depending on whether it's being worn on a FED, KDF or RR Toon.
    To be honest I rarely use the visuals even on FED toons they look kind of silly running around in spandex racing suits.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • zortiumzortium Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's really annoying that you don't do anything to fix it. And I agree season 9 should be "the big bug fix"
    edited December 2013
    zortium wrote: »
    It's really annoying that you don't do anything to fix it. And I agree season 9 should be "the big bug fix"

You've made one post and somehow managed to sum up 90% of the posts on here. Well done you, sir.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited December 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    This sums it up, they only made one set of visuals, if KDF and Romulans could turn their visuals on they would look like they were running around in Federation gear, to change that the art department would need to make completely new sets of visuals for both KDF and RR and figure out a way to link it so that the same gear looks different depending on whether it's being worn on a FED, KDF or RR Toon.
    To be honest I rarely use the visuals even on FED toons they look kind of silly running around in spandex racing suits.

I agree that it looks silly on Federation characters. However, while it was active on the KDF side, I DID use it for my KDF BOFFs. I still can't quite get use to seeing a Gorn in a Klingon uniform. Those spandex armors make Orions and Nausicaans look much better.
  • zortiumzortium Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You've made one post and somehow managed to sum up 90% of the posts on here. Well done you, sir.

It's a great way to get attention back to the thread :D and I figured that this one should not be forgotten. Along with many others I suspekt, but this one is the one I looked at today.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    Those spandex armors make ... Nausicaans look much better.
    Better than what? A mile of bad road? If you put a silk suit on a pig, it's still just a pig. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zortium wrote: »

Fix what? How silly Fed players look when they activate the visuals on their metal and plastic onesies?

It's disabled on Romulan and KDF characters by design, not by a bug.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree and I disagree ... On Rommie toons or any of the other Homo Sapien looking races, it should be viewable, but it should NOT be viewable on Klingon or any of the other 'Alien' toons/races ...

A Klingon would only wear either some form of metal armour or some form of leather armour (usually made from the skin of an animal they themselves had slain)

I would like to see more options for Klingon armours, or at the least a little more "mix 'n' match" flexibility (WHY can't i have fur sleeves on my open chest armour?) And where are the skirts (Kilts?) for both male and female warriors?

And FFS why does Klingon Academy armour cost Z to buy??? That should be free (and why does it make my toon look like the Michelin man?!?!?) and maybe some form of ceremonial armour would be a c-store option?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png