test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Invasion: not really doable solo

shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The queueing system for the Winter Invasion event seems to be a tad unreliable - several times, I've joined the queue for this, only to be silently dropped from it (I think "this is taking a while", I open up the queues window to check my status, and I find I'm not in the queue any more.)

However, the latest... eccentricity... has proved a little more interesting, in that it put me into the event - all by myself!

Well, of course I had to see how far I could get... It went reasonably well up until the big boss snowman at the end. Unfortunately, he regenerates health and beams in minions faster than I could damage him, and the little gingerbread men helpers all died (it was tragic), and eventually I wound up surrounded by snow minions who had no targets except me, so they were constantly pelting me with snowballs, so I was instantly re-frozen as soon as I thawed out. I had to quit the game to escape.

So. Um. Yes. It was an interesting experience, but should it really be possible to start an instance with the team that much under strength?

(Can't help feeling I could have beaten the ******* if I'd only brought along a snow mortar, too....)
8b6YIel.png?1
Post edited by shevet on

Comments

• oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shevet wrote: »
    The queueing system for the Winter Invasion event seems to be a tad unreliable - several times, I've joined the queue for this, only to be silently dropped from it (I think "this is taking a while", I open up the queues window to check my status, and I find I'm not in the queue any more.)

However, the latest... eccentricity... has proved a little more interesting, in that it put me into the event - all by myself!

Well, of course I had to see how far I could get... It went reasonably well up until the big boss snowman at the end. Unfortunately, he regenerates health and beams in minions faster than I could damage him, and the little gingerbread men helpers all died (it was tragic), and eventually I wound up surrounded by snow minions who had no targets except me, so they were constantly pelting me with snowballs, so I was instantly re-frozen as soon as I thawed out. I had to quit the game to escape.

So. Um. Yes. It was an interesting experience, but should it really be possible to start an instance with the team that much under strength?

(Can't help feeling I could have beaten the ******* if I'd only brought along a snow mortar, too....)

It has put me in it by myself also. But you can beat the boss snowman. I use the snow mortar and the Snow blower weapon. It takes a couple minutes but it can be done.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There was the one time I was dropped into a map with only one other. We both wondered where the rest of the team was, but when the timer ended and the gate opened, we both shrugged and charged through.

Got frozen a few times, which was to be expected. But we managed to take down both the yeti and the snow baron and it didn't take us any longer than usual.
  • drakeerodrakeero Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did an entire Winter Invasion solo including the snowman at the end. Wasn't terribly hard. If you know of any way to reproduce such a bug let me know, it was fun.

The special guns aren't very expensive, just grab one and you should be good to go. The Yeti is a little difficult, need to kite him juuuust right and you'll probably get frozen a few times anyway. Then again you'll also have all the candy power-ups to yourself which really helps.

As for the snow baron? The gingerbread men will draw aggro fantastically well and as long as you're not actually throwing snowballs at him he shouldn't heal faster than you can damage him. Just be ready to sprint if he decides to use a snow mortar on you.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've done this solo twice with just my Hail pistols and no Mortar. The second time, I even did a perfect run, where I saved all 6 Gingerbread people, got all of the candy and the present, and beat the Yeti and the Baron. It was a bit time-consuming, but it's perfectly doable solo.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • triptuckerviitriptuckervii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You guys actually get in the queue for it? How? Every time I try, I get the response "the door is locked" and that's the end of that.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One of my fleetmates also can't queue for it, getting "The door is locked" message.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just soloed Winter Invasion, and the only part that was even remotely difficult was the Yeti. Come to find out, he knows how to jump, so I couldn't get to a spot above him. Other than that, Winter Invasion is very easy to solo, including the giant Baron at the end, and his lackeys.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.