test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space PvPers and Ground combat

2»

Comments

• sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Want I meant was that could we all just forget who started this wars and move on i would love to see single fleet member and they know who they are.

have a great holiday guys
  • jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    taut0u wrote: »
    Not sure if Rose, or Bi Shonen. There is nothing wrong with playing as premade. They are just friends who used to play together, they mastered their cooperation as they know each other well so they play that good. It is ok when you play against normal premade. There are some troll premades tho, but you still can beam. Destroyed ground pvp? Don't think so. People qq about destroyed pvp since release.

I think we ought to say thanks to premades for driving those ragers out of ques. It is so much better to play in calm atmosphere. And you raged few days ago when Tira ganked you. lol

If players could be a cause of destroying a game, than there would be no online gaming at all. I don't play pve games online. Before I played cs, battlefield and day of defeat source. There are trolls and cheaters like aim boters, stomping, and no one cares.

Regarding "bullying " in stf chat. There was no bullying at all, just those two were challenging everyone around in a joking manner. Even offered to earn some ec. It was amusing to watch at this conversation. There was some noob admin tho, which kicked Storm for no reason. (administration of this channel is too bad) So I would like to disagree on that issue and say that it is not true.

You're free to state any opinion you want, I just find it hilarious that I'm being accussed that of copying Bi Shonen, because I find that man funny. Not only he's looking for attention, he's failing in do so as well.

I did rage, yes, but he helped me these days about some skill stuff. I'm kinda grateful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jmiticp wrote: »
    You're free to state any opinion you want, I just find it hilarious that I'm being accussed that of copying Bi Shonen, because I find that man funny. Not only he's looking for attention, he's failing in do so as well.

I did rage, yes, but he helped me these days about some skill stuff. I'm kinda grateful.
    Just your post reminded me of Bi Shonen thread, no offence were intended.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    4. they compared it to games from current to mid 90s and found it to be a broken mess that fails to even meet the standard of play and arena design set by quake, let alone planetside.

tell me, what is there in sto's ground pvp that i would actually want to have any part of?
    is it the loaded dice that decide who has advantage before the map loads?
    is it the multi-stacked layers of cheap cheese?
    is it the misconceived abilities?
    what about the animation locks? or the abuse of flinch animations?

can you answer those?

I think I cannot answer those questions, it is something you have to find out. I cannot and will not force anyone to join Ground PvP, nor I wasn't looking at much what is the difference between Space PvP and Ground PvP, or between some game's ground PvP and ours. I play for fun, and the answers on those questions you must find out yourself. :)

It is fine Rogue, I can't stand that man as well. His drama is just... well, beyond my level in any instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    4. they compared it to games from current to mid 90s and found it to be a broken mess that fails to even meet the standard of play and arena design set by quake, let alone planetside.

tell me, what is there in sto's ground pvp that i would actually want to have any part of?
    is it the loaded dice that decide who has advantage before the map loads?
    is it the multi-stacked layers of cheap cheese?
    is it the misconceived abilities?
    what about the animation locks? or the abuse of flinch animations?

can you answer those?

Loaded dice? If you are talking about the team setting, you might want to look in the mirror, Space PvP has much more problems with "loaded dice" than Ground has ever experienced. Unfortunately, this is true for any game without a ranking system, there is a chance that all of the experienced players will end up on one team. On the flipside, there is still a chance for a good even match when premades aren't around, the same is true for space. Yes, there are times where your team is perfect to the point where fighting the premade is also fun.

"Multi-stacked layers of cheap cheese" only exists in Space PvP. We don't have any abiltiies that come close to Temporal Inversion Field, Antimatter Spread, Graviton Pulse, or similar to mess us over.

There are no "misconceived abilities" in Ground PvP either, that's a Space problem again. There are abilities not working as intended, but the only game breaking problems are Cryo Immobilizer Module (No immunity period/ignores resistances), the -10 All Damage Resistance Biochemist (The devs forgot to add a stack limit), the DoT with Ambush Security Officer (Interaction with Plasma Grenades is severely messed up), and the Subspace distortion with Dampening Field trait (Animation needs to be toned down). All of the Ground PvP issues are with abilities not working as intended. Space PvP can't say that, most of their issues are with power creep and basic powers that need a balance pass (Auxiliary to Battery/EPtX chains/etc.).
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)