test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boredom is setting in

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I keep trying to finish my Foundry missions but the lack of options is just too much. You can't even start the mission with a decent-looking guy. There is a super hot female Trill from Risa NPC but virtually nothing on the male side of things. There is a TOS ensign or something who isn't mirror-breakingly ugly but that's about it.

There are no beachwear outfits for the Risa map. The dancer's outfits from Wasteland are not available.
    have you tinkered with creating custom costumes?
    There is no NPC creator to make non-faction characters or faction characters in disguise (who can wear anything and look like anything).
    Just give a costume to one of the existing chars. You don't even need to make a custom one for this.
    There is no ground positioning tool so you can pose your people (like having them sit in chairs and lie back on sand or in a lounge) from what I can see.
    you can have an NPC use a default animation. Animations range from dancing or laying on the ground, to typing on a console, to sitting in a chair, and a wide variety of other things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just recently came back from a 5-month break from STO. If you're feeling bored and burned out I highly recommend anyone do that, the game and your characters will be waiting for you when you feel excited about playing again.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My frustrations is that there's not enough time to do all I want to do in a day.

No lies. Just doing my doff missions and rep on nine toons takes a a 4-5 hour sitting. After that I'm buggered.

But, I have 9 toons nearly fully decked out since Beta :)
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've tried making a foundry mission before, I find it a bit complex as far as linking things together but then again I am trying to fix up a foundry I made a long time back and every small change I try to make seems to break it, maybe I should just make it again from scratch. One thing I'd love to see is the option to do my own voice-over work in mini contacts on foundry. Would probably be abused or a vary hard coding process for the dens though.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Right now, I'm really feeling the bite of boredom. So much, I'm actually drowsy when I log on. No joke.

I'm really tired of logging in, working on Fleet Marks, grinding Dilithum, and on top of it Reputation and the Winter Event grinding...........where is the fun??? Just boreing repetition.

It's so boring, I'm actually started playing a new game just to have fun.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    I just recently came back from a 5-month break from STO. If you're feeling bored and burned out I highly recommend anyone do that, the game and your characters will be waiting for you when you feel excited about playing again.

This has been quoted for the truth contained within.

Since the Sphere wasn't for me the same way the Fleet season wasn't I'm saving up my EC and dilithium for whatever future captain I make when the next season comes up that makes me all shivery in the knees like LOR did. Then I'm going to take another break. I suggest the OP do the same.
    <3
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Maybe you're not bored. Maybe you have Mono.

HA! :D/10characters
    <3
  • mirrorshatnermirrorshatner Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Boredom is your choice.

I acknowledge (but do not empathise with) the people that see tenure in a game (to the exclusion of other pursuits) is more important than enjoyment.
    I personally don't see enduring something that isn't fun to be a badge of honour.

If you're not doing it for fun, you're doing it wrong.
    Find something else to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Get excited about Star Citizen and figure out how you're going to mod the game on your personal server to be entirely Star Trek IP. Then you can make the Star Trek Online game you always wanted to play!
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    variant37 wrote: »

I've not played seriously in about 8 months... to be honest the game lost its shine back in Season 6 for me. I've honestly not seen anything in the new seasons that grabs my attention it's all very samey.

I logged in tonight for the first time since the Summer and logged out 10 minutes later. Doesn't really appeal anymore. At one point I was quite an activist about improving the game but realised that no amount of player activism was going to change the development pathway.

Personal feelings of course many people love this game. I'm just not one of them anymore. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    have you tinkered with creating custom costumes?
    Yes. I ran into a costume limit. You can't change the appearance or costume of the initial contact, though. That's what I was talking about mainly. The men are fugly and the one who is tolerable isn't wearing the right uniform and that doesn't work well with my story.
    Just give a costume to one of the existing chars. You don't even need to make a custom one for this.you can have an NPC use a default animation. Animations range from dancing or laying on the ground, to typing on a console, to sitting in a chair, and a wide variety of other things.
    thanks for the tip. I've used animations but I will have to work more with them.