test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account wide leavers penalty needed

zerofate74zerofate74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Im so completely fed up with people running pve missions and seeing an enemy say for example in no win scenario that they feel is too hard so they accept the penalty, leave, switch charcters and start running missions again. An account wide leaver penalty wont stop all of this but it will help a great deal. As well extend it make it an hour or two. If you crash sorry about your luck kind of deal would be acceptable.

As well its high time you track mission afk'ers and not reward them a damn thing. These moochers detract a great deal from game play.
Post edited by zerofate74 on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    There are also situations where even players like myself, who do what they can to complete something, have no choice but to leave. Events like this can happen because of bugs, like in the recent Winter Invasion. First time I actually got in... there was only myself and 1 other person, and we could NOT finish it because we didn't have the DPS to take out the boss. He had only snowballs and I had the new winter shotgun. And don't forget the bug from a while ago on Cure Space, where you'd get a lever penalty when you failed because it still saw it as in progress after the Kang was destroyed.

In theory your idea might help stop moochers, but in practice... it would also punish respectable players should bugs come up that forces us to leave early or just TRIBBLE us over anyways.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here players have a very limited number of character slots and unless they spent a lot of money on extra slots they can only do it 3-4 times before they TRIBBLE themselves and can't do anything BUT wait out the penalties they've accrued.
    You underestimate noobs.

Though fwiw, I too am against this idea.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Umm how about no on account wide leaver penalty. What happens to people who show respect by opting to leave if they have to go AFK for 10 minutes, they leave so they are not leeching and so another player can join and not hurt the team? Yeah lets punish people for doing the right thing.

As for AFK leeches.. yeah make that account wide and increase in penalty everytime they get dinged. Say double the penalty with each new one and takes 1 month game time without getting dinged to remove one penalty.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah how about you just accept that leavers and afkers are the price for being lazy and using public queues. These kind of problems rarely exist if you make a private queue and recruit from your fleet or various channels.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I vote no on account wide ban, unless you AFK or quit early on two toons within a certain period of time, say an hour or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    .... lolwut
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    ghostwolf1054ghostwolf1054 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What they need to do, is put a timer on the respawn button. You don't use it, you get an afk penalty. That seems to be the new thing. It seems to be all the rage doing The Breach. They die in the beginning, then stay that way until the end, then fly out the hole. I don't know if it works, but i see it a lot recently.
  • Options
    mericpxmericpx Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this is cryptic information here,if you want know you can click here
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    .... lolwut

Nothing much, Just another "They're having fun wrong, force them to do it my way- er- the right way" thread.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sure, this will work. And all of you all hot for this really dumb idea will be the 1st ones shrieking hysterically the next time you get DC'd long enough to earn this.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The leavers are sometimes very annoying. Why can't they play the mission till the end? I crossed them for the first time long time ago, in the Borg space missions. I noticed that, when the optional mission wasn't done, they left? And this just for one additional reward (let's say console for example). So they made their team members harder to finish the mission - or sometimes even made them that the other team members couldn't finish the mission, becouse it was to difficult to finish it.
    Ant there are leeachers. They waited till the end of the mission at the same spot as they were dropped into the mission. They do nothing, just stand there. Ok. I understand, that sometimes happens, that something comes across when you are playing (toilet, visitors), but when this happens is it really to difficult to post a chat message to team members, and than live the mission? Sometimes they made me so angry, that I wanted to wrote them private MSG, that they can either start playing or get lost.
    A solution for both of this kind of people would be to ban them for starting missions for more than just 2 hours (let's say for a day). Or better solution would be to strip them for one rank. And with this of course, unable to use the previlegies of current rank.
    But remember folks, there are also those, who get out of a mission for a technical reasons (server lag, internet connection off...).
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What they need to do, is put a timer on the respawn button. You don't use it, you get an afk penalty. That seems to be the new thing. It seems to be all the rage doing The Breach. They die in the beginning, then stay that way until the end, then fly out the hole. I don't know if it works, but i see it a lot recently.

Branflakes tested and posted on this in another thread... those people still get the AFK penalty. I don't remember the thread or I would have linked it.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The one solution for all of this is to set the system so it does not queue you with people you choose to ignore on your ignore list. If a person AFK's or Leaves enough... there wont be anyone but each other for them to queue with.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    The one solution for all of this is to set the system so it does not queue you with people you choose to ignore on your ignore list. If a person AFK's or Leaves enough... there wont be anyone but each other for them to queue with.

I like this idea............A lot
    not possible to do but i like it
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    WHAT this game has is too many lone rangers who think they need to be Mr. Marshall.
    Cryptic has already fix this issue its called a fleet join one,make yours bigger and just run with your fleet.
    We have people in our fleet who only play with fleet they are extremely happy.
    If this happen the AFKers would end up alone also as who would let them in their fleet.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This type of idea makes as much sense as say, having to put a real cash deposit down to run an instance. Returned upon a completion. Whoever leaves forfeits their deposit.

Next we should institute a breathalyzer test and perhaps look at an IQ exam upon registering an account.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nothing much, Just another "They're having fun wrong, force them to do it my way- er- the right way" thread.

So your idea of "fun" is TRIBBLE over the rest of your group for completely selfish reasons?

Seriously. People with that kind of attitude deserve to get their skulls caved in alongside the rest of the leecher-community.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So your idea of "fun" is TRIBBLE over the rest of your group for completely selfish reasons?

Seriously. People with that kind of attitude deserve to get their skulls caved in alongside the rest of the leecher-community.

Someone needs to balance out the pretentious tools who think "fun" means "my way or the highway, because it's all about me me me me me me me!"

Seriously. People with that kind of attitude should be exiled to an island, alone, where their view that everything revolves around them can be accurate without annoying those of us with a grip on reality past our own noses.

-shrug-
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone needs to balance out the pretentious tools who think "fun" means "my way or the highway, because it's all about me me me me me me me!"

Seriously. People with that kind of attitude should be exiled to an island, alone, where their view that everything revolves around them can be accurate without annoying those of us with a grip on reality past our own noses.

-shrug-

So you are saying its ok if somebody signs up for a group challenge for personal gain and let everybody do the work but himself ?
    Basicly its ok for you to work while i stay home and get money for free because you pay the tax.

Yeah i see your point i m sure its fun...:confused:
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Leaver penalty seems fine the way it is.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    no to account wide ban for an hr

it is fine the way it is in stf's they need to extend it to all elite pve
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So you are saying its ok if somebody signs up for a group challenge for personal gain and let everybody do the work but himself ?

Yup. Thats what you get for pugging. Don't like it? Then stop being lazy and form your own group and then you won't have that problem
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This Thread is Troll bait, really, there is nothing that can be done that will balance everyone's opinion and attitude towards STF & Adventure Zones.

SIMPLE SOLUTION:

JOIN A FRAK'N FLEET, MAKE Friends and play with friends - socialize - and stop Pug'n.

It all comes down to superior team play vs Inferior team play ala Pug. No amount of penalty or disciplinary action can make up for a player's inferior playstyle or Lone Ranger Act.

In a DEAD Fleet? Leave and join an active one

In a SOLO Fleet? Can't help you there, fleets are not meant for solo players who want an empty castle devoid of servants with only its King.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I thought it was a "The punishments aren't harsh enough! I WANT BLOOD!!!" thread.

-shrug-

Same thing. :D