test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The game no longer runs .....

psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Over the last week every time I tried to login I would get to a certain point, usually right after the "Legacy of Romulus" graphic appears, that the game just stops. No dropping, no warning, no message, just stops......
I used a force verify to make sure all my files are OK, and this seemed to help the problem, for about a day and then ....

Today after this latest "Fix" this problem has returned and even after a force verify I am not able to start the game. After trying to get this game to run for over an hour I give up....

Am I going to be compensated for the time I am not able to access the game? Because as a Gold member I have paid to have access to this game and if I'm not given access to the game I should be compensated for the missed time .....

This is getting worst and as a returning player I am starting to regret coming back....

Forget new content and make it so everyone can get into the game first .... who cares about new content if I can't get the game to run!

I am also missing the winter event so this is also costing me a Starship!!!! Get the launcher fixed!
Post edited by psytce0002 on

Comments

• koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have that very issue since the emergency patch this morning. never had this issue before
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Try running the game on safe mode. I've been having this issue after every patch since the season 8 was launched, but using safe mode has been "fixing" it
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    safe mode does not work either
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well .....what a surprise, it worked today for some reason.......

I just wish we could get rid of these little bugs that keep on getting ignored and then pile up and make things break.

Take some pride in your coding and fix these bugs! It is really not that hard to do...... as least it isn't if you are using your code correctly.....

Thanks
  • lptpsteve88lptpsteve88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i only been able to play the last 8 days was almost 2 weeks before that since season 8 my game just wouldnt load past launcher,the launcher works fine but get stuck checking version,whatever it was got fixed and until today at 10.03am uk time i was fine enjoying it and catching up,but game booted me in middle of stf elite infected space,i have file verfied and if i can get to char selection it doesnt load my characters at all just the loading then time out,am on virgin isp,contacted them to confirm it wasnt some thing there end and did a trace cert on all pwe sto ips i know of,starts at 29-30 ms and passing thru cogento to sto takes from 120-200ms so def some prob there have tried proxys but get cant connect errors instead or tryin with error 14 restarts,nothing wrong with my version of game or my rig as kept clean install sto that cant connect either,******** connects and works fine online,it is just sto even trying safe mode makes no diff my end ahve tried for 8 hours now o no avail am passed being pissed off,thought probs were over with but guess not
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So Devs .... Are you looking into this?

We paid to play this game and for some reason I would like to be able to log in and play when the server is up and running. As a GOLD member I agreed to certain rules & regulations way back when. I believe that being able to access the game and play the game when the server was up was included in those rules & regulations.

So if I'm not able to play the game that WE PAID, let me repeat that, WE PAID to play then you need to compensate the others and myself for the time missed....... But I'm not asking for that I'm asking that you as least acknowledge that you are looking into this problem, is that too much to ask for?

Thanks!