test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't delete mail/ duplicate mail from exchange *Resolved*

species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
can't delete mail again. Have to close the window then delete only 1 and close it again, bassically - open- delete-close- one by one
Post edited by species1977 on

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noticed after today's patch I now get 2 mails from the exchange when an item is sold. One mail that can be deleted and one that can't. After deleting the one, the other mail disappears after closing the window and opening it again.

Before this, the only time I would receive 2 mails from the exchange is if I had an item returned that expired. After claiming the item on the character who had it posted, then deleting that mail, the other copy of mail would be gone after closing the window and reopening it.

The problem with double mail from the exchange has been around for months, since Cryptic decided to nerf the mail system and make a lot of changes to it. Basically it happened, I think, after LoR launched but some time before the Risa summer event.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep mailed once again bugged as usual.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah. I first thought it was laggy but as monkeybone13 describes, its paired emails; one of which will delete straight away and the other that doesn't until the mail window is reopened.
    You can cycle through and delete in one session by jumping over the next message in turn and then closing/opening the window at the end, to finally clear the remaining duplicate chaff.

You have to wonder what the state of the codebase is. As we get areas, that logically shouldn't be connected to the separate area being fixed, being broken every time there's a patch. And mail apparently seems to be connected to absolutely everything in game - change a light bulb on ESD and mail will break!
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    same issue, I must say I am Disappointed, how many times can the same system break?
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem here... While not a major bug, it is definitely an annoying bug.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The mail system is broken again. Can not delete read messages.
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem here...can't delete all mail
  • armandeusarmandeus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It will indeed become a major issue when your mailbox gets full (300 messages, I think) and since you can't delete messages, you can't receive new ones - including the messages returning your items from the exchange.
  • hotelkatzhotelkatz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can only delete one mail per map, regardless of whether it is space or ground. It's getting annoying to change maps, just to delete one mail.

Edit - Discovered I can still delete more than one at a mail console.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think mail makes duplicates now, just delete every second mail. When you delete mail and reopen mail the duplicate is gone.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems like I'm now also getting every "item sold" mail twice. Not exactly what I wanted...
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got a ton of messages from the Exchange from every time I sold something, but I cannot delete them. :mad:

Already issued a bug report, but I doubt it may get read by the 24th Century.
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If it's the same as the one I'm getting you are receiving two letters per item sold on the exchange. One of these you can delete the other will disappear (think it disappears when you relog though not sure).
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep seeing the same thing here as well. Because they decided to go and change the mail system around to prevent us from being able to use it as storage we have been dealing with double emails on returns and now double emails on sales, great job. Should just go back to the old system if you can't fix the new one, which obviously you can't since its been broken for 6 months.
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you look carefully at the duplicates, one will say "Exchange" and the other "Exchange (Holodeck)" The ones with the Holodeck label cannot be deleted. However if you're at a mail console and delete the ones just labelled "Exchange" then close the window, the duplicates should erase themselves.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    guize..

-just del the 1st mail than skip it's pair
    -repeat
    -the ones u "skip" will wanish by itself after u open the mail again
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • redjacredjacredjacredjac Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ditto. mail problems... along with being disconnected about 30 times today.
    edited December 2013
    Several days later, and the problem still persists.

Do the Devs even care? Do they even acknowledge that the glitch exists? I'm having serious doubts about both. :mad:
    edited December 2013
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    guize..

-just del the 1st mail than skip it's pair
    -repeat
    -the ones u "skip" will wanish by itself after u open the mail again

No. It doesn't.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Additionally, Exchange Sold messages are being sent only to the selling chararacter, instead of accountwide as before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crossroadsbakercrossroadsbaker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing is happening here. Extremely annoying.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    can't delete mail again. Have to close the window then delete only 1 and close it again, bassically - open- delete-close- one by one

Don't. Just dlete the one mail. Then skip down one. Claim your item (if it's a return) then delete. Or if it's another "sale" message", just delete it, and skip down one again. That's how I do it, then when I'm done, close, open the mail agin, and viola, all the ghost messages are gone. Granted, it still bites, but that's a slightly faster workaround for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Additionally, Exchange Sold messages are being sent only to the selling chararacter, instead of accountwide as before.

Actually, that part I like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
This discussion has been closed.