Options

Voth Cybernetic Implants

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    No implants dropping from breach Elite.

Also, commendations have disapeared from doing the Allies Zone Daily. Was this intentional?

I got one from Allied Zone - Daily, even though it was not "offered" as a Reward, but I just did Contested Zone - Daily and didn't get one.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    I got one from Allied Zone - Daily, even though it was not "offered" as a Reward, but I just did Contested Zone - Daily and didn't get one.

This is what happened to me (got it as a reward but it was not listed). I think you're only supposed to get 1 per day though so when you finished Contesed Zone - Daily you weren't supposed to get it anyway.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i got a stack of 60+ just from doing the battlezone stuff and from the boxes from rep assignments
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't have times of completions, but my character Umbaglo has run The Breach (Elite) a few times and has never received any implants. The 3 I've gotten since the patch went live have only come from a single Battlezone match.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    quintaris wrote: »
    You need them for the low level gear too. The tier 1 console requires implants.
    That console isn't a low level gear piece. It's a high-end gear piece. Also, you only need 2 VCIs for it, plus 15k Dil, 30k EC and 500 marks.
    Next, once I get to tier two is the Gravimetric Torp, anyoje know what that costs.
    Probably the same as the console.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    We've tracked down the Voth Cybernetic Implant reward issue for Breach (Elite) and will work to get it resolved in an upcoming patch. Thanks to everyone who contributed their reports in this thread.

Also, there should be no issue getting implants from Storming the Spire (Elite) on Holodeck at this time, and it looks like you've all mentioned everything is fine there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    corelincorelin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    I wonder whose job it is to remove the implants from both corpses and why they can only get a few. Maybe we should be more careful about disintegration.

Melee my friend. Melee.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We've tracked down the Voth Cybernetic Implant reward issue for Breach (Elite) and will work to get it resolved in an upcoming patch. Thanks to everyone who contributed their reports in this thread.

Also, there should be no issue getting implants from Storming the Spire (Elite) on Holodeck at this time, and it looks like you've all mentioned everything is fine there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Question: is non-elite Breach supposed to give them? I don't remember getting any there either. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Question: is non-elite Breach supposed to give them? I don't remember getting any there either. :(

As I understand it, the Voth Cybernetic Implants are supposed to be the same as Borg Neural Processors except for one is for the Dyson Reputation while the other is for the Omega Reputation. So it is possible that it is a rare reward from Breach normal, but won't drop every time you complete it. I got a VCI from completing the Commendation project.
  • Options
    kashmirgoatkashmirgoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just ran Battlezone about midnight 11/17 (16?) central time and killed 2 of 3 V rexes... No VCI drops.

Also, I've ran breach several times since the season started, on two toons, and haven't received a VCI at any time.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh man! Been running that thing all day, and, as it now seems, I still only have 16 of those. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited November 2013
    I have over 60 of them on my main and well over 20 on each 3 of my others characters thats dioing the rep... from just doing the battle zone and killing V-Rex allot. It helps if you form a full team and split off to 2 sections like park and city or park and outskirts and capture points the wolf pack of random players thats always about is not doing. If that wolf pack arrives where you are capturing move to the next one. Doing that makes it go far far faster.

Once captured send 1 player to each zone to kill the Voth Medics until the large crowd arrives. If you get to one and nobody is there do not agro the V-Rex and just shoot the 2 medics thats taking Omega particles until help arrives. So 3 players going to the 3 locations guarantees all three can be completed.

It's really not hard if you work smarter.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From today's patch notes:
    Release Notes: November 21, 2013
    A Voth Cybernetic Implant and Dilithium reward have been added to the elite version of The Breach.

This is how Cryptic chose to award the Cybernetic implants? :eek::confused::mad:

I tried that one time and one time only on Normal setting.
    Enough to know that I don't want to do that again, especially on Elite!

It's too time-consuming and I lost count of the number of times I died, especially when it came to battling the Dreadnaught in the bay.
    And when it came to the power core, I was getting zapped every 10-20 seconds with a one shot kill.

If I was doing this on Elite, I'd most likely consume my entire supply of components in one run and still get more injuries after that.

Cryptic really needs to review this matter and make a more readily available supply of the implants.
    Otherwise all the work on raising the Reputation will mean absolutely nothing at all if we don't have the implants to requistion gear.

As an aside, is Omega Reputation the only practical system in the game?
    You are guaranteed 1 implant per run, with the possibility to obtain 6 or 11 implants randomly.
    Compare that to Voth, where I've gotten only the 1 implant and that was on one character only as a random reward from a box.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tilarta wrote: »

This is how Cryptic chose to award the Cybernetic implants? :eek::confused::mad:

It's too time-consuming and I lost count of the number of times I died, especially when it came to battling the Dreadnaught in the bay.
    And when it came to the power core, I was getting zapped every 10-20 seconds with a one shot kill.

If I was doing this on Elite, I'd most likely consume my entire supply of components in one run and still get more injuries after that.

Cryptic really needs to review this matter and make a more readily available supply of the implants.
    Otherwise all the work on raising the Reputation will mean absolutely nothing at all if we don't have the implants to requistion gear.

You are guaranteed 1 implant per run, with the possibility to obtain 6 or 11 implants randomly.
    Compare that to Voth, where I've gotten only the 1 implant and that was on one character only as a random reward from a box.

Or you could just do the ground battle zone as they drop like candy at the end.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, kill the Rexes and steal their mechanical brains. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, kill the Rexes and steal their mechanical brains. :D

and transplant it in a chipmunks body!!! Hahahaha! Tyranical terror at three inches and under!!!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just bought the Proton Stabilizer Console. It cost me 15,000 dil, 500 Dyson Marks, 2 cyber implant (and no not Sevens ; p), and some EC. Next, once I get to tier two is the Gravimetric Torp, anyoje know what that costs.

all dyson rep gear missions are supposed to have the same cost since its all mk XII gear.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013

um, i've always gotten one from running spire elite (got like 9 on one char right now) and now that breach is getting them, i will be playing that a lot more as spire is way too damn long, can sually get 2 breaches done in the same ammount of time.

Edit: as for the power core....you need shield system restorers like shield batteries/red matter capacitor, or cycle a couple copies of EPTS to bring shield facing back off after they are knocked offline.

in either my fleet Avenger or advanced Obelisk i have never died more than 2 times in any breach elite run.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    all dyson rep gear missions are supposed to have the same cost since its all mk XII gear.
    The Space set, the Engine, Deflector, Warp Core and Shield (plus the Singularity Core) all cost 5 VCI, whereas the Space Weapon set (the console, torpedo and experimental proton weapon) cost 2 VCI. The ground set costs 5 VCI. So, not quite the exact same costs, but pretty similar. That's just the VCI costs, by the way.

As for me, I haven't done the Breach or the Storming the Spire queued events at all yet, but I've got 76 VCI from doing the Battlezone and also getting one from one of the Rep boxes.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Or you could just do the ground battle zone as they drop like candy at the end.

I went there once, but got really bored.
    Capture and Hold mechanics was never my thing.

Besides, I got massively curbstomped as soon as the mech showed up! :eek:

So, I don't know what the end is like or even if the effort is justified.
    Nor do I know if it's time effective.
    If I'm spending 1-2 hours for it, well, there are more practical uses for my time.

Also, I have very little faith in STO players' ability to fight on the ground.
    It seems the failure rate goes up exponentially as soon as they leave their ship.
    Which is why I prefer to avoid ground based combat, as I'm uncertain if I'll be teamed with ground veterans or players who wouldn't know which end of the rifle was the dangerous one if I was pointing it at them and pressing the firing actuator. :rolleyes:

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Biggest problem I'm seeing with VCIs is their apparent unwillingness to drop from any of the space queues.

I get VCIs from Breach (or thought I did, maybe it was Spire), from the rep boxes and from Battlezone. Actually I see them quite frequently from missions and rep project rewards. I'm up to 73 already and don't see acquiring them to be any problem (thus far).
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They don't seem to drop from the two Dy missions.
    Perhaps it's the same rule as Infected conduit Elite; first places get them.
    But that excludes me for now since I have a junk ship at the moment. I'm not switching from carrier 'cause I still need to harvest some resources.

BTW, how is that weapon to shield power calculated for the warp core ?
    If I have full power to weapons and WP is 125% does that count or is it calculated using base /balanced value ? 7.5% of 125 is quite good.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I've been doing Spire for over a month now, 3 times a day and not once did I recieve a single VCI.

As for the boxes, I've gotten 2 VCI implants from those.
    That's out of roughly 90 boxes I have recieved.

So you will excuse my incredulity that you have acquired any decent amount of VCI from space queues or the reputation boxes. :cool:

• Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have been doing spire space ELITE right?

After getting board of space/ground adventure zone, spire elite is how my 3 mains are getting their daily commendation : they only run it once per day each and NEVER fail to get an implant

Odd thing is, they keep getting extra daily commendations but thats fine by me:P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I don't like Elite, not when I just want a commendation fast and easy.
    Especially since the Voth are rather nasty even at normal levels.

But I should point out for the sake of accuracy, the player who stated they get VCI didn't specify Elite, so I thought they meant normal difficulty.

• Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Just got 30 of the things doing ground for a couple hours with a fleetmate. Brought my stash up to 56. Just before that on another character 25 of em in about an hour and a half. 7 characters and not one has less than 40 right now and any more than that I grind them into dilithium atleast until I decide if I want to use them for gear.

If you need them for buying gear then get your boots on the ground, You dont need a team, OP armor, uber leet weapons, just follow the large crowd thats running about and shoot any Voth that dares get near it.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tikonov wrote: »
    You have been doing spire space ELITE right?

After getting board of space/ground adventure zone, spire elite is how my 3 mains are getting their daily commendation : they only run it once per day each and NEVER fail to get an implant

Odd thing is, they keep getting extra daily commendations but thats fine by me:P
    I haven't even done one Storming the Spire or Breach, just the battlezone and I've currently got over 90 Voth Cybernetic Implants. I have used some of them to get some of the gear, but if I didn't use any of the Implants, I could have well over 100 of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Battlezone is the only decent way to get VCI. Did 3 Battlezones so far and each of them gave 5 VCI. It seems to be difficult to not get all 3 V-Rex killed in time. There is no need to team up or queue. So if you are antisocial, then you could just do the Allied Space Daily and Battlezone to get everything for the Dyson Reputation.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I haven't even done one Storming the Spire or Breach, just the battlezone and I've currently got over 90 Voth Cybernetic Implants. I have used some of them to get some of the gear, but if I didn't use any of the Implants, I could have well over 100 of them.

You do realize that you only need 41 VCI to get every piece of Dyson set equipment. 20 VCI for the Dyson Space Set, 15 VCI for the Dyson Ground Set, and 6 VCI for the Dyson Weapon/Console Set. Of course, with 100 VCI you can outfit your entire away team with the Dyson Ground set.
  • Options
    irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I went there once, but got really bored.
    Capture and Hold mechanics was never my thing.

Besides, I got massively curbstomped as soon as the mech showed up! :eek:

So, I don't know what the end is like or even if the effort is justified.
    Nor do I know if it's time effective.
    If I'm spending 1-2 hours for it, well, there are more practical uses for my time.

Also, I have very little faith in STO players' ability to fight on the ground.
    It seems the failure rate goes up exponentially as soon as they leave their ship.
    Which is why I prefer to avoid ground based combat, as I'm uncertain if I'll be teamed with ground veterans or players who wouldn't know which end of the rifle was the dangerous one if I was pointing it at them and pressing the firing actuator. :rolleyes:

They drop on ground pretty easy by defeating the big V-Rex at the end of the battle zone. You get up to 5 at one time depending on how the players in the zone do. Only once did I/we not get the full five. Its the best ground combat in the game, though it can be a bit repetitive. But it's definitely fun. Its fun trying to find people to work with, and seeing if you can capture a zone by yourself or just 1 other person... that's probably the biggest challenge... after more than 2 in a capture point its pretty easy. You get your but whooped pretty easy trying to go it alone. As for VCI, I'm already past 100 implants on my fed and have 60 on my romulan.