test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Digging for Answers bug: open hidden door *Resolved!*

raynestarfireraynestarfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The bug to kill romulans in the room with the hidden door appears to be fixed but now a new bug occurs in which you do not receive credit for opening the hidden door. You are able to use the hidden door after locking in position on the two pressure plates and move on to the next room but the objective does not complete and you will not receive any further objectives to complete the mission.
Post edited by raynestarfire on

Comments

• captncappycaptncappy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same issue, stuck there because game won't credit me for opening door.
    Sort this out Crypitc,
  • raynestarfireraynestarfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Extra troubleshooting performed. I left the mission and returned, logged off for 30 minutes, and dropped the missions and completed back to the same objective but am unable to complete open hidden door. It appears this is truly bugged.
  • chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank god it's not just me!!!!
    I rerun this like 20 times and same bug, no update after opening the hidden door.

Come on devs fix this , it is a storyline mission and not being able to continue story makes this game blow. Can't even grind planet exp at level 35 unless someone knows a place I can beam down to and farm mobs
  • raynestarfireraynestarfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    chimeran1 wrote: »
    Thank god it's not just me!!!!
    I rerun this like 20 times and same bug, no update after opening the hidden door.

Come on devs fix this , it is a storyline mission and not being able to continue story makes this game blow. Can't even grind planet exp at level 35 unless someone knows a place I can beam down to and farm mobs

It's worse than that. There's a special event going on right now and you need to complete this mission for a Ramen bridge officer. It's really chaffing me me.
  • chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Press J
    Select your story line quests episode, then just choose skip and move onto the next story mission.
    This one will be saved and you can complete it at a later time ( when they fix it )
  • asa3dollarbillasa3dollarbill Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To confirm, I also quit the mission, waited overnight, retried several times. This mission is truly bugged for the moment.
  • farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Yes, unfortunately this mission is currently bugged out. A fix is coming, but in the meantime you can skip the mission from your Episodes list to continue.

Coliseum is also afflicted, same deal. I recommend skipping them and coming back once they're fixed. They're fine missions, worth playing. The patch notes will let you know once they're back in action.
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, unfortunately this mission is currently bugged out. A fix is coming, but in the meantime you can skip the mission from your Episodes list to continue.

Coliseum is also afflicted, same deal. I recommend skipping them and coming back once they're fixed. They're fine missions, worth playing. The patch notes will let you know once they're back in action.

Strangely I can't seem to skip Colosseum. The button to do so is greyed out. And I'm level 50 so it isn't that.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed.
    It looks like the Hidden Door objective don't triggers at all. Door remains useable after opening, not giving any quest progression.
  • tonecapone2011tonecapone2011 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The bug to kill romulans in the room with the hidden door appears to be fixed but now a new bug occurs in which you do not receive credit for opening the hidden door. You are able to use the hidden door after locking in position on the two pressure plates and move on to the next room but the objective does not complete and you will not receive any further objectives to complete the mission.

I was also having this issue. I ended up skipping the mission and moving on to the next one, "Frozen".

However, this mission is having the same issue. Once you defeat the Romulan cruiser and move to the next nav beacon, the mission won't update.

That's two missions in a row that are bugged and won't progress. I suppose I will skip this one as well and hope there isn't a 3-peat.

UPDATE:

I was able to get "Frozen" to progess by exiting the system to sector space and re-entering the system.

"Mine Enemy" is still not progressing. I tried exiting/re-entering the area, dropping/re-acquiring the mission, changing characters, closing/re-opening the game....nothing works.
  • havaoshavaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue here, can't get past the hidden door, seems bugged and now can't progress.
  • djswarm1djswarm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hidden door bug still bugging me.
  • qualrathqualrath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have that "Open the hidden door bug" in my storyline quest as well. And if a storyline quest is not solveable for a lv 35 char it is totally uninteresting to play that game on.
    CRYPTIC : DO something - NOW!
  • allundrielallundriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Almost a month since the report on this bug. You would think as it prevents everyone to continue the storyline and the seasons after it, they would make it a priority. But it's still bugged, you still don't get the task for opening the door.
    I guess making new ships to put on the store is more important than making your game run properly :(
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am level 50 and also have the same bug.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • richard45750richard45750 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am also having the same issue. You dont get recognized when the hidden door opens. Kind of really annoying. I wanted that bridge officer.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Thanks for the update about coliseum was going to run that next, so saved me some game time.

Please add that to the known issues list and I will indeed be keeping an eye out.
  • makotallusmakotallus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hidden door still bugged but i got through coliseum ok
  • ladymoondanceladymoondance Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The really sad thing is, the first post is quite some weeks ago. I wanted to replay the mission. I tried several times. The "hidden door issue" stays. Can't progress after that. (one can shoot everybody, but can't release the prisoner, nor gain the valid access cose to the locked door.) Quite annoying.
  • goforcereloadedgoforcereloaded Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Hello, any news on this realy annoying bug ?

The bug are still not fixed :(
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    allundriel wrote: »
    Almost a month since the report on this bug. You would think as it prevents everyone to continue the storyline and the seasons after it, they would make it a priority. But it's still bugged, you still don't get the task for opening the door.
    I guess making new ships to put on the store is more important than making your game run properly :(

Thats exactly wat i think. But nobody wants to read something like that.. they will always argue "they need to gain money from something.".I really like cryptic to develop new ships and stuff, but solving bugs is more important. I would sacrifice 4 months of new material if we can see all these bugs solved.
  • blackcrow8ublackcrow8u Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had done this mine enemy or enemy mine once before, and there seems to be some things that are different before i even get to the mine itself, one of the things was that the thugs that are bothering the locals need to be taught a lesson, this does not happen any more.
    You get to kill a couple of wimpy romulans sulking in odd places but nothing of any real kills, and we never seem to find that elusive brother that went missing, maybe he got done in by the horta, but we never resolve this issue.

Bugs include,,no secret door completion, and no code for the other door,, and no release of the prisoners,, oh did I mention that was another of the things that now don't seem to behave as they once did,, or has this been dumbed down,, mmm yeah the guided mission on the map still seems to point to the opening of the door where the 2 pads are, this could be a problem.

Vulcan logic needs to be applied, and do a roll back,, maybe a years worth of updates down the drain, but resetting them 1 at a time should find where it all went wrong ?
This discussion has been closed.