test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Liberated Borg still exclusive?

mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
I've been looking through the forums to see if the Liberated Borg character is still exclusive to pre-order accounts but all of the threads I've seen are from back in 2010, I'm curious, are they/are they going to be available to the late-comers? Perhaps in the Zen store? I looked at the official vet rewards page on the website but I'm not certain that it's still accurate. So, basically, is there any way that I can get Liberated Borg characters on my account without the use of a time machine?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
Post edited by mushariagain on

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,228 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How can anyone still think they're exclusive to preorder? That was 4 years ago and no they're not they're restricted to lifetime.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well rmc is still exclusive, as is the kinetic rifle....

It's a fair question
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You unlock lib Borg as playable if you buy a lifetime subscription.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been looking through the forums to see if the Liberated Borg character is still exclusive to pre-order accounts but all of the threads I've seen are from back in 2010, I'm curious, are they/are they going to be available to the late-comers? Perhaps in the Zen store? I looked at the official vet rewards page on the website but I'm not certain that it's still accurate. So, basically, is there any way that I can get Liberated Borg characters on my account without the use of a time machine?

Liberated Borg Player Character was originally exclusive to pre-order Lifetime subscription accounts, but this was eventually changed to exclusive to all Lifetime subscription accounts...

So if you want the Liberated Borg Player character, you can puchase the Lifetime sub for it...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The playable Liberated Borg is exclusive to lifetime and always has been. Since you mentioned pre-order, I'll assume you were referring to the Lib Borg bridge officers. So the answer to your question, without any insults or sarcasm, is no, they aren't exclusive, you can now purchase the Boffs in the C-store. Unfortunately, they are a per character purchase unlike the pre-orders which was account wide. So if you want one for each toon, you'll need to buy one for each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    The playable Liberated Borg is exclusive to lifetime and always has been. Since you mentioned pre-order, I'll assume you were referring to the Lib Borg bridge officers. So the answer to your question, without any insults or sarcasm, is no, they aren't exclusive, you can now purchase the Boffs in the C-store. Unfortunately, they are a per character purchase unlike the pre-orders which was account wide. So if you want one for each toon, you'll need to buy one for each.

At the beginning, the only lifetimers that could play as Liberated Borg were people that bought the lifetime subscription before the game launched. I think the devs changed it in 2011 so any lifetimer could get it.
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    At the beginning, the only lifetimers that could play as Liberated Borg were people that bought the lifetime subscription before the game launched. I think the devs changed it in 2011 so any lifetimer could get it.

Ahh, I went gold for a few months then LTS in 2011. So that makes sense. I thought the OP was talking about the Boffs though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    Ahh, I went gold for a few months then LTS in 2011. So that makes sense. I thought the OP was talking about the Boffs though.

The C-Store Liberated Borg Bridge Officer didn't take long to be added to the C-Store. Think it was only a few months from launch for it to go from an exclusive Amazon pre-order to something anyone could purchase.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The C-Store Liberated Borg Bridge Officer didn't take long to be added to the C-Store. Think it was only a few months from launch for it to go from an exclusive Amazon pre-order to something anyone could purchase.

Weeks... I think most of the pre-order thingies made it to the C-Store in 6 weeks or so.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Weeks... I think most of the pre-order thingies made it to the C-Store in 6 weeks or so.

Once I decided to buy the lifetime durring the pre-order, I went out and bought several pre-order copies and got all of the bonus's ( though I lost my target code before I could redeem it and never got the rifle) - So I don't know what is or isn't in the store for sale, I know the boff's made it in there, but I don't see too many people ever popping off the red matter capacitor - - - - and I'm sure the Joined Trill is still exclusive to those that got it during pre-order, I check every Trill I come across and have only seen normals.

here's mine
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/r9oc.jpg/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The Plasma point defense turrent and the Chromodynamic Armor is exclusive too...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wildmousex wrote: »
    Once I decided to buy the lifetime durring the pre-order, I went out and bought several pre-order copies and got all of the bonus's ( though I lost my target code before I could redeem it and never got the rifle) - So I don't know what is or isn't in the store for sale, I know the boff's made it in there, but I don't see too many people ever popping off the red matter capacitor - - - - and I'm sure the Joined Trill is still exclusive to those that got it during pre-order, I check every Trill I come across and have only seen normals.

here's mine
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/r9oc.jpg/
    I have a Joined Trill and I'm pretty sure the race is a Z-store unlock.
    Well, the pre-order people still get it for free. It costs 500 or so zen otherwise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    The Plasma point defense turrent and the Chromodynamic Armor is exclusive too...

As well as the Ultra Rare Engineering: Radiometric Converter console, who's original description listed it as a Mk I, but no longer does so... A surprisingly useful complement for Ship power builds, and one of the few original Vendors perk's that remain useful for End Game configs...

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Engineering_-_Radiometric_Converter
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As an owner of some "exclusive" items since beta and launch, including the lifetime perks, I feel no need to have these things restricted, especially not to someone who is willing to pay for them.

I guess I lack the tribalistic need to cut off things from other people so my things seem more special. Shame on me.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As an owner of some "exclusive" items since beta and launch, including the lifetime perks, I feel no need to have these things restricted, especially not to someone who is willing to pay for them.

I guess I lack the tribalistic need to cut off things from other people so my things seem more special. Shame on me.

But how can I feel special?...I NEED TO FEEL SPECIAL!!;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    But how can I feel special?...I NEED TO FEEL SPECIAL!!;)

Well for similar feelings of emptiness that need to be filled, people rabidly chase achievements in games, no matter if they have an actual incentive perk or not after getting them.

I guess this is what we get, what we have left, when as a society we are getting less of everything else. Dead-end job, meaningless degree? In a video game you can sound accomplished. Barely making rent, eating ramen every day? Sit on an 'exclusive' imaginary item and yell if people want one too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    As an owner of several different Pre-Order items that are not in the store... Sure... Hand them out... Most of them aren't that good anyways.

The reason I believe the LTS Borg should remain LTS Borg, is to be the first incentive to get the LTS (as it always has been since the game went FTP).

Other than that, I really don't feel too attached to the other items in the form they remain atm.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well for similar feelings of emptiness that need to be filled, people rabidly chase achievements in games, no matter if they have an actual incentive perk or not after getting them.

I guess this is what we get, what we have left, when as a society we are getting less of everything else. Dead-end job, meaningless degree? In a video game you can sound accomplished. Barely making rent, eating ramen every day? Sit on an 'exclusive' imaginary item and yell if people want one too.

Probably the best explanation I've seen...100 Internets for you

Also WHY are people eating Remans, they had it hard enough without people boiling them, and eating them. :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wasn't it stated by bran flakes on priority one that lts'rs are getting a significant update on what they get in season 9?
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah, ok, I see. Thanks all for clearing that up. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.