What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 26, 2013

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Systems:
    • Trait - Sure Footed:
      • Resolved an issue where many characters were gaining the benefits of Sure Footed while crouching or aiming without slotting Sure Footed as a trait.

Can we get confirmation on whether "Sure Footed" is supposed to have the knockback and root immunities or not. The patch notes for Legacy of Romulus indicated that "Sure Footed" is supposed to have these immunities, but I have also heard that they were deliberately removed due to player feedback. If the immunities are too strong, then I am fine with removing them. I just want to know what the intended behavior of the trait is.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]Exchange:
    • The exchange will now show the price per unit of a stack of items rounded up to the nearest integer.
    • Removed the sort by expire time options, because the information is unlisted.
    • Relabeled all the sort options.
      • The labels now specify if the sort is ascending or descending.
      • Removed the "then Name" from the sorting option labels.

So has the exchange been fully fixed or not? Currently there's a bug where searching by name won't show items unless a category is also selected (like typing in a doff's name won't find the doff on the exchange even if the doff is posted unless the specialization is also selected), this imo is more annoying than the sort bug.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are some great fixes in this batch, thanks! I'm also very happy to hear the Undo/Redo buttons will be back in the Tailor!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay so you fixed the consumables disappearing from the power tray on usage, now fix them appearing in the wrong slots that you broke with Season 7.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=919681

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has been deleted. Wrong info.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • miklsilvermiklsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and HOW ABOUT this?? in this year or next???? :mad:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912961&page=5
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes but when you anyhow get the regular Vet version with the DTS for Zero money, then why should it be included again n the Fleet version where a Veteran has to buy the ship?

Like buying all Defiant variants with 3x the Quad Cannon. I can't even use the DTS on another ship.

Maybe I think wrong

I'm sure its just a convinence thing. Why force you to claim the normal version, take off the console and delete the ship, then claim the fleet version. As you said, the fleet version has zero cost so there is no reason to force vets to claim the ship twice.

I have several VA without the ship, if I decide I want to pick up the fleet version for some reason it will be nice to not have to claim the normal one, pull off one console, delete it, then claim the fleet version.
    edited November 2013
    I am also VERY happy to see the Tier 3 Holding upgrade cost in Expertise is down to a reasonable amount. Having the progression be 180k, 500k, 25million was a bit of a steep curve. 2.5million is much more reasonable and will let smaller fleets actually pay for the tier 3 upgrade without having to go out and start farming expertise.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131117a.6

General:
    • Improvements have been made to eyes.

Does this mean my Romulan embassy officer will have a face again? Or is that asking for too much?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    edited November 2013
    Here are some simple improvements that can be made to the Exchange UI:

1. Remove the text "Duty Officers - " from the subcategories for doff specializations. For example, "Duty Officers - Astrometrics Scientist" should just be "Astrometrics Scientist". The parent category already says "Duty Officers - Science". Repeating the text "Duty Officers - " twice just wastes space.

2. Add vertical space between the subcategories. Unlike the parent categories, the subcategories currently have no space between them, which makes it hard tell where one subcategory ends and another begins.

http://i.imgur.com/9Su1892.jpg
    qVpg1km.png
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Can we get confirmation on whether "Sure Footed" is supposed to have the knockback and root immunities or not. The patch notes for Legacy of Romulus indicated that "Sure Footed" is supposed to have these immunities, but I have also heard that they were deliberately removed due to player feedback. If the immunities are too strong, then I am fine with removing them. I just want to know what the intended behavior of the trait is.

It's supposed to have them. I'm not sure where the rumor started that it was removed based on player feedback - Sure Footed needs those aspects to be remotely competitive with other Traits, post-revamp. They were never removed intentionally - there was a bug preventing them from attaching to players when they were in those modes. We fixed that bug a few weeks ago, but unfortunately introduced a new bug - some characters were now getting the immunities without taking the prerequisite trait. This fix fixes that - now, if you have Sure Footed, you are immune* to knock while crouched and immune to roots while aiming.

*Some endgame critters may deal unresistable knock or roots for the purpose of game mechanics, in which case you'll still be affected. But no player abilities should be dealing those (and every time we find one, we will fix it).
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • rhakatheredrhakathered Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]Taking a shuttle from the Klingon player starbase to the embassy now puts the character in the shuttle bay of the embassy.
    I'm happy to see that this fix has been done. It's one of those little annoying faction-specific issues.

There's another one in the Embassy that I think could be fixed really easy too: the KDF Embassy Bar at Tier 0 has a nice chandelier which disappears with Tier I and later. The similar one in the Fed Bar stays throughout the Tiers.
  • necrolutschernecrolutscher Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Removed the sort by expire time options, because the information is unlisted.

what? :eek:
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about the kdf costume bugs after complete FE "Sphere of Influence" ?
  • yamahaman125yamahaman125 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]Removed the sort by expire time options, because the information is unlisted.

What, why do you remove the sort by expire time?????
    I use it a lot to check new stuff with special traits in the exhange, so I dont have to check 400 items for new ones.
    Come on, is there a good reason to remove it, when its already in the game and causes no problems but just helps checking for items???
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What, why do you remove the sort by expire time?????
    I use it a lot to check new stuff with special traits in the exhange, so I dont have to check 400 items for new ones.
    Come on, is there a good reason to remove it, when its already in the game and causes no problems but just helps checking for items???

If the info is unlisted then it wont actually do anything, thus it's useless, why keep it?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is that graphic bug fixed yet?
  • yamahaman125yamahaman125 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    If the info is unlisted then it wont actually do anything, thus it's useless, why keep it?

Dont know how it used to be on tribble, but it works fine on holodeck!
    You can simply check it by yourself, you can see new items listed first or last, depending on your filter.
    So again, why should they remove it?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sure Footed needs those aspects to be remotely competitive with other Traits, post-revamp.

Some other traits could probably use a second look in this regard IMO. Some suggestions I'd make:

Astrophysicist and Warp Theorist are still both +10 to a couple of skills. +10 to a skill is really small. +20 would be better. Techie and Efficient Captain were both increased to +30- granted to only a single skill each, but arguably a more desirable single skill, too.

The resistance bonuses from Resilient are also really small. Compare it to Sturdy, for example.

Physical Strength: add a small run speed and jump height bonus, perhaps?
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Some endgame critters may deal unresistable knock or roots for the purpose of game mechanics, in which case you'll still be affected. But no player abilities should be dealing those (and every time we find one, we will fix it).

That's the kind of info we need on tooltips. A lot of our choices are based on endgame and when we get there and use stuff like this it looks like its broke when its not and its something with that understanding we may not have picked to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131117a.6

[*]Voth Aceton Field Generator Console
    • Fixed a tooltip error on Voth Aceton Mode that was causing it to state that its maximum damage was far lower than it actually is.
    • The Subsystem power drain aspect of Voth Aceton Mode now benefits slightly more from Flow Capacitors skill.

Thanks for adjusting this one. The console was considered a joke. I tested it in Tribble and like how it performs.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's the kind of info we need on tooltips. A lot of our choices are based on endgame and when we get there and use stuff like this it looks like its broke when its not and its something with that understanding we may not have picked to begin with.

It will work in endgame 99% of the time. In fact, ideally, it will work in endgame 100% of the time. It's possible that at some point, we'll deal an unresistable knockback as, say, a stage transition in a boss encounter, is all I was trying to illustrate.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It will work in endgame 99% of the time. In fact, ideally, it will work in endgame 100% of the time. It's possible that at some point, we'll deal an unresistable knockback as, say, a stage transition in a boss encounter, is all I was trying to illustrate.

Sorry for misunderstanding. That does sound like a cool game mechanic btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    It's supposed to have them. I'm not sure where the rumor started that it was removed based on player feedback - Sure Footed needs those aspects to be remotely competitive with other Traits, post-revamp. They were never removed intentionally - there was a bug preventing them from attaching to players when they were in those modes. We fixed that bug a few weeks ago, but unfortunately introduced a new bug - some characters were now getting the immunities without taking the prerequisite trait. This fix fixes that - now, if you have Sure Footed, you are immune* to knock while crouched and immune to roots while aiming.

Maybe, you should restart that discussion with the ground PvP community. My understanding is that some of them felt that the knockback and root immunities were too strong.

You might also want to look at "Covert". The following post seems to claim that the bonus to flanking damage was also deliberately removed from "Covert":

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13366071&postcount=6

I don't know whether "Covert" has the flanking bonus or not. Maybe, it shouldn't. "Covert" is already a good trait for ambushes from stealth; with the flanking bonus, it is even better.

Traits should be balanced as the result of deliberate design, not as an accidental side effect of bugs. I feel that the trait changes were not rigorously tested with the release of Legacy of Romulus. As I noted in the thread below, "Creative" appears to not work with many engineering powers. I don't know what else is broken.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=896211
    qVpg1km.png
  • raiksoloraiksolo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why do you remove this sort option???

Exchange: Removed the sort by expire time options, because the information is unlisted.

I use this sort option every day!

The information is listed!!!
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013

[...]

Systems:
    • The team-wide Dodge and Avoidance bonuses provided by Team Ambush Field no longer stack between multiple instances of the Set Bonus. Only the highest Mk set will provide the bonus to a player's team.
    • The team-wide Dodge and Avoidance bonuses provided by the Bridge Officer Trait "Veteran" no longer stack. Only a single "Veteran" bonus will provide to the Team.
    • The Stealth portion of Distortion Field (Omega Force 2pc Set Bonus) is now cancelled by outgoing actions which put you into Red Alert.
    [...]

I can understand team ambush field being nerfed on the altar of pvp balance. Distortion field is a bit harder to take. I could swallow it being cancelled once you actually deal damage but by any abillity which puts you into 'red alert' is a tad much.

I don't understand the veteran nerf though. We bled for those bridge officers, and now that they actually have a point being brought to the ground battlezone where they make a difference you put them down. That's like kicking someone already on the ground.

Btw do I get a refund option for the two mk12 omega sets I bought my veteran boffs for the battlezone? Just asking? -.-
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]The Expertise cost of upgrading the Fleet Embassy, Fleet Dilithium Mine and Fleet Spire from T2 to T3 has been reduced to 10% of the previous value. (25,000,000 to 2,500,000).

Our fleet is just about to get the Tier 3 upgrade project for the mine. If we start it now on Holodeck, will the eventual patch automatically reduce the cost to 2.5mil, or should we wait till the patch is pushed to Holodeck before starting the final project? Will it be retroactive?
    edited November 2013
    soiduts wrote: »
    Our fleet is just about to get the Tier 3 upgrade project for the mine. If we start it now on Holodeck, will the eventual patch automatically reduce the cost to 2.5mil, or should we wait till the patch is pushed to Holodeck before starting the final project? Will it be retroactive?

Assuming its not filled these changes are normally retroactive. You might want to hold off on slotting it anyways and just ask people to stockpile their donations for it.

Just in case.

I'm basing this on how the costs for slotted projects dropped as our mine upgraded as well as how the rep projects behaved back when we were testing them and they changed the requirements.
  • mehlindemehlinde Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UI:

[*]Increased the number of fleet members displayed on the roster page from 10 to 50.

Hey! I liked the 10. It made it easier to manage people when I was doing my daily checks to see if someone is worthy of promotion.
  • william7rikerwilliam7riker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mehlinde wrote: »
    UI:

Hey! I liked the 10. It made it easier to manage people when I was doing my daily checks to see if someone is worthy of promotion.

I can second that! Even for giant fleets with thousands of members, 10 is still more useful, especially because there are more smaller fleets, than giant fleets in STO.
    Once I get a solid hour of free time, I have got to update my signature, with tasteful, but useful words that the rest of the community would benefit from hearing, or at least get a good laugh out of.