test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #24

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Q graces us with his presence to fill everyone in on what he has planned for the upcoming Winter Event in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Called it! Oh thank you for this, can't wait till Tuesday an Wednesday for all the info!! Winter event here I come.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Called it! Oh thank you for this, can't wait till Tuesday an Wednesday for all the info!! Winter event here I come.

What happened to Monday? :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe his tuesday is your monday? :-) thats how it works for me. Its curently saturday morning here in nz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Q Happen that what happen to it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Mondays are the kinds of days where people just snap at Q for bringing his mariachi band in again.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Look back at season 7 blogs and, you will see the main info for the event is on the two days before the event goes live, or are you giving a whole blog on the gingerbread pve event? Bran I love everything to do with this event... love it.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ho, Gingerbread Colony? Sounds interesting.

So we going to fight gingerbread men in a colony invasion? :P
  • silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Really looking forward to this event! But, I'm kind of dissapointed to see only a little paragraph in today's blog. :(
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Called it!
    Called what? There was no information in that blog besides the announcement that the next winter event is going to start soon, which we knew already.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can't wait. I don't know if it's the overall atmosphere or what, but I always enjoyed STO's Winter events.

Will there be a new special Starbase decoration project, like last year?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • waaagh951waaagh951 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Q!!!!!!!
    Finaly!
    i have been waiting for this.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Omg I hope the missing/simple textures bug is fixed by the time this comes. I'd reeeeeaaaaallllly like to do the winter event this time around. I missed it last year due to reasons.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now for the ultimate question: is this holiday against the Doctrine?

I can just imagine the Voth throwing a hissy fit about all of this and even the Klingons telling them to just enjoy themselves.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Need John de Lancie to voice Q and the winter event to take place on Andoria.
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love the Winter Event, i loved the rewards and iam wondering if they will be changing the rewards this year to something else?
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope winter epohhs make a return this year. :)

They taste great with dip

Link to the blog.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so look forward to this every year. I hope there's racing again!
  • stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I've got to hand it to the STO devs/community managers/tea ladies/etc, we've been really spoilt the last few months.

Thanks for all the awesome content so far, can't wait to see what you've got up ya sleeves for 2014. :D
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There's a lot to celebrate this season, and I even jumped ahead a few days in the timeline to see that my drones (excuse me, the dev team)

Work, drones, work!

:D lol
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • mirax#1711 mirax Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not just me, right? Q offering 'Hugs and Kisses' scares the TRIBBLE outta me....
    Of all the ideas that became the United States, there's a line in the Declaration of Independance that's at the heart of all the others. "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security."
  • spodilbunnyspodilbunny Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2013
    yay! brandon am the greetest!now i am going to sto again for no raisin!

:P

(if you saw the futurama episode with the big brains youll get the intentional misspelling)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good, I was wanting this to return. I had a blast with it. And got one sweet warship out of the deal. I wonder what new goodies this year will bring.

It would be nice if you kept the old ones as well. So if any missed out, they can still get it. By having the option of last year or this years.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm really looking forward to the Winter Wonderland! New Gingerbread Colony, eh? Neat!

Starting Dec 5th? Makes sense... And many people figured that was the Go Date for the WW, since the Featured Episode Lobi Event ends then.

I'm just happy I'll be done with my Main character's Dyson Rep before WW starts (I expect to be done Tues 12/02), so I can spend more time playing in the snow!

Woot, woot! :D

Look back at season 7 blogs...
    I had a feeling of Deja-Q when reading S8 B24, so I went back to S7 B24 and they're nearly identical!

Da-da-daaaaaaa!!!

>Q Twilight Zone Music<

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Everything gets installed on a Tuesday.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gingerbread colony? Eating? Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
  • sikozasikoza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Krenim destroyer??
    Krenim did win in the dstahl talks voyager poll.

I'm so exited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control, ehemm

Well whatever the ship is going to be it is going to be awsome. Afterall winter event is allways loads of fun.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Am I the only one who wished the STO dev team skipped the Winter Event to work on more Featured Episodes as well as possibly Season 9 stuff?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    mvp333 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wished the STO dev team skipped the Winter Event to work on more Featured Episodes as well as possibly Season 9 stuff?

Who said we can't/didn't/aren't do/doing all 3 of those things at the same time ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    C-c-c-c-c-COMBO!!!!
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Copy-paste Dev blog. Identical to the blog from last year, except for the added reference to the "Gingerbread Colony". Why even bother making this post, if you can't be arsed to add something useful? It's not a state-secret that the Winter Event is coming, so I fail to see how a blog post announcing "It's coming" is useful to anyone.

Would much rather see actual information on what kind of rewards we can expect this time around. And while your at it, make a blog post that includes BOTH rewards AND stats in the same post. Quit giving us bits and pieces in each blog.