test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Idea for this this years Party Popper

abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
First lets not have one!!! While amusing for all of five minutes after that they become annoying. Though I will admit to pulling mine out every once in a while to troll fleet mates.

Instead lets have Q give us something both fun AND useful.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you "Q's Stupendous Torpedo Launcher Deluxe"

It will have the same stats as a Quantum torpedo launcher and would be effected by its consoles but instead of regular torps is launches random stuff, like a massive party popper.

Everything from giant tribbles and balloons, to shuttles and fighters. This launcher can fire em all. Heck even throw in torpedos that look like other variants despite functioning as quantum. So it looks like a transphasic or plasma torp but isn't really.

Can you imagine using torp spread with this thing? You could get a mix of small ships, giant tribbles, balloons and different colored torpedos. Or maybe you get lucky and unleash a stream of giant tribbles at the KDF enemy while using high yield torpedos.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Insensitive rage filled comments?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want a Party Plopper which pops Epohhs. People are allowed to shoot on them. When shot at they change to balloons! :D
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    I want a Party Plopper which pops Epohhs. People are allowed to shoot on them. When shot at they change to balloons! :D

Dev Head Balloons
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stoutes wrote: »

Eppoh Cannon Mk XIII
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013
    RD-4Mn Tranquility Enhancement Module
    Developed by the Vulcan scientist Buz T'kyl, this device can be activated to emit anti-humeron particles in non-lethal doses, nullifying the active effects of various party/social devices and promoting a sense of calmness and order. Just possessing this device grants the owner with an unshakably stoic demeanor (+4000 social device resistance).
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
    edited November 2013
    zordar01 wrote: »
    Developed by the Vulcan scientist Buz T'kyl, this device can be activated to emit anti-humeron particles in non-lethal doses, nullifying the active effects of various party/social devices and promoting a sense of calmness and order. Just possessing this device grants the owner with an unshakably stoic demeanor (+4000 social device resistance).
    With a 150% Crit chance of a DC :D. Make it so!
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If it were up to me, any "party popper" type device that you can use in a social zone would force an instance change every time you trigger it. :mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited November 2013
    Eppoh Cannon Mk XIII
    Immersion Breaker MK XIII
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was hoping for a flying saucer launcher. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm Epohh gun sounds nice, but this year I rather have a Party Popper you could put party poppers in. :P

Inventory is getting really tight even for unique items and inventory is maxed out. :(
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Um, I'm hoping the first post was a joke...

And I don't think we need anymore party poppers, either. Not holding my breath on that score.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I say hold off on the party poppers until a way can be made to turn off those effects. Then go nuts. :P
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm Epohh gun sounds nice, but this year I rather have a Party Popper you could put party poppers in. :P

Inventory is getting really tight even for unique items and inventory is maxed out. :(

Sold all of mine a long time ago. :P
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about a TOS Phaser Type I that will allow you to pop all those stupid balloons people spread all over ESD from time to time?
  • gr0cksgr0cks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    I say hold off on the party poppers until a way can be made to turn off those effects. Then go nuts. :P

I say hold off on the party poopers instead. :P I rarely see party poppers around after the anniversary has ended. Occasionally, but hardly.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zordar01 wrote: »

No. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hypl wrote: »

You can turn down Physics Objects to zero in the options menu. It makes balloons go away, and I don't think I've seen any 'tribble sprays' since turning it off either. I haven't noticed anything missing anywhere else in the game either, so I think it only affects those sprayers.

Maybe they ought to do a compromise for people, new party objects only exist in proximity to their creator, and if the creator leaves the area, the party leaves with them? Disco ball only works if the creator stays in the affected area and vanishes if they leave, balloons only within a certain range, etc. After all, they want to be the life of the party right?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can turn down Physics Objects to zero in the options menu. It makes balloons go away, and I don't think I've seen any 'tribble sprays' since turning it off either. I haven't noticed anything missing anywhere else in the game either, so I think it only affects those sprayers.

Maybe they ought to do a compromise for people, new party objects only exist in proximity to their creator, and if the creator leaves the area, the party leaves with them? Disco ball only works if the creator stays in the affected area and vanishes if they leave, balloons only within a certain range, etc. After all, they want to be the life of the party right?
    It also affect "debris" objects. such as broken pieces of turrets and stuff like that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg