test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics bug persists after the patch.

riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Well I logged in after the patch to see how things changed. I was flying in the Dyson Sphere and... here it is back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txmkce7hwv71b9h/screenshot_2013-11-26-19-33-44.jpg

Postprocessing slows it to come up every ten minutes, but it comes sooner or later. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Took 20mins for myself to reproduce the missing icons & textures bug. It just happened that the shield strike/repair textures gave up first. A large white opaque oval covering the entirety of your ship, makes navigation tricky enough, without being sandwiched between two Voth battleships at the time!

Shame. I was hoping the announced fix to the graphical stuttering/smearing bug would have at least helped with general graphics stability. Here's to next Thursday.
  • darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just logged in for the first time after the patch. Went from Eta Eridani to Zeta Andromeda to Beta Ursae just filling up my doff mission queue and by the time I hit the fleet dilithium mine I had this

http://i40.tinypic.com/2nhq1ys.jpg
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2nbtxfn.jpg

System and graphic card specs:
    Windows 7 home premium 32bit w/service pack 1/AMD 965 Black Edition processor.
    EVGA GTX 460 768MB GDDR5 ram

The map(s) you were on
    Eta Eridani Zeta Andromeda Beta Ursae

Reproduction steps:
    Just flying from sector to sector

How you made it occur:
    Already described and no changes to any graphics settings of any kind affect the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirm, still occurring for me.

The new twist is that it can happen without a sector change now. Like in combat I had it start.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still happening for me too. =(
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • siskobsiskob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi,

As usual, their patch that does'nt work, in addition has bugged the reputation system.

It is time to roll-back Cryptic !! And please, stop publish content without debugging.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This graphical issue will happen if constant loading of character changing/zones/sectors/maps are needed. With a message like material files reloading at each loading screen shows a clear sign of gpu having to reload the files over and over possibly causing a memory leak and the problematic display issues. But this is hypothetic and not 100%!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This graphical issue will happen if constant loading of character changing/zones/sectors/maps are needed. With a message like material files reloading at each loading screen shows a clear sign of gpu having to reload the files over and over possibly causing a memory leak and the problematic display issues. But this is hypothetic and not 100%!!!

This is happening to mee :(

Everything is almost normal until you switch a character. After that everything starts to be cubical, white and shiny, strange sound, + lag.
    Only solution I can find is to totally turn off the game and start it again every time when switching character .:eek:
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rakija879 wrote: »
    This is happening to mee :(

Everything is almost normal until you switch a character. After that everything starts to be cubical, white and shiny, strange sound, + lag.
    Only solution I can find is to totally turn off the game and start it again every time when switching character .:eek:

Yep only known fix I know of is to shutdown the game client entirely, and restart it.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• codys87a1codys87a1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can you do something for that ? : My game
    have a crash occurring when the loading screen launch STO. Please fix it. Thank you.
  • mutantcaptainmutantcaptain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the white textures thing try switching "Screen-space ambient occlusion" on and off when it happens. It worked for my wife's machine. No restart required.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the white textures thing try switching "Screen-space ambient occlusion" on and off when it happens. It worked for my wife's machine. No restart required.

I already said that, though it seems to be in a different, however it still happens after a while anyway and still no fix with today's patch...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan