test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Been Watching some DS9

whaller138whaller138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So I've been re-watching some DS9 and I've gotten to the war. I've been reminded of how well the Klingons and Federation worked together. Call me nostalgic but I miss those days. With the possibility of a looming Iconian war it would be awesome to see a return those days.
Post edited by whaller138 on

Comments

• gndrstnkgndrstnk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remember Way of the Warrior? When the Klingons and the Federation actually kind of went to war for five minutes?
    Good times.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In Geko's recent podcast interviews, it seems like the war is likely soon come to an end. Just like on DS9, when the Klingons went to being allies again with the Federation.

So guess it's to be expected that we will have a mission dealing with the Third Khitomer Accord.
    edited November 2013
    In Geko's recent podcast interviews, it seems like the war is likely soon come to an end. Just like on DS9, when the Klingons went to being allies again with the Federation.

So guess it's to be expected that we will have a mission dealing with the Third Khitomer Accord.

Sphere of Influence made it look like the War was mostly over, with the whole, "Team Up Against Iconians" thing going on.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Given the fact, the the Feds and KDF were working together since the Romulan story lines. By the Cardassian story lines, they were working together outright with some minor KDF raiding on the side.
  • whaller138whaller138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can see it now, the Iconians have finally started a full invasion. Pushed the brink both sides finally agree that future conflicts between them right now would only mean quick annihilation. Just like in DS9, I can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head, they reinstate the Khitomer Accords. I've been watching to much Star Trek lately...
    edited November 2013
    whaller138 wrote: »
    I can see it now, the Iconians have finally started a full invasion. Pushed the brink both sides finally agree that future conflicts between them right now would only mean quick annihilation. Just like in DS9, I can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head, they reinstate the Khitomer Accords. I've been watching to much Star Trek lately...

BLASPHEMY! There is no such thing as too much Star Trek!
    edited November 2013
    gndrstnk wrote: »
    BLASPHEMY! There is no such thing as too much Star Trek!

You're right, I don't know what I was thinking.
    edited November 2013
    gndrstnk wrote: »
    Sphere of Influence made it look like the War was mostly over, with the whole, "Team Up Against Iconians" thing going on.
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Given the fact, the the Feds and KDF were working together since the Romulan story lines. By the Cardassian story lines, they were working together outright with some minor KDF raiding on the side.

And before that it was "The 2800", blah blah blah all the way to the original STFs in the first few months of STO's launch, where we we had a temporary truce to fight against the Borg, Undine, now Iconians.

To put it bluntly, Cryptic has been giving us this same song and dance since the very beginning and it's only now they are forced to end the war because they can't do anything with the Federation-Klingon War.
    edited November 2013
    Watching it also makes me want a new show and not a ****ty JJ version. The second movie in particular was the biggest slap in the face to Star Trek that I've ever seen!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Be careful... It's Gecko after all..
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    Truth be told, in ST Federation-Klingon wars were always quite strange. Not exactly best friends, but these wars were hardly total ones.
    It's like better to have one well known good old enemy, than serious fight with new freaks ike Borg or Dominion. :D
    edited November 2013
    I keep being amazed how many people just skip the dialouges... anyone who reads them should know that theres a Cease fire from the second you go into borg space..
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    edited November 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    I keep being amazed how many people just skip the dialouges... anyone who reads them should know that theres a Cease fire from the second you go into borg space..

I know about the ceasefire but that's not what I mean. The whole reason for the war was so that they could have 2 sides in the game. It was forced and stupid.
    edited November 2013
    I know about the ceasefire but that's not what I mean. The whole reason for the war was so that they could have 2 sides in the game. It was forced and stupid.

Well the background for the war was pretty convincing if you ask me... IF the federation council were stupid pacifists
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well the background for the war was pretty convincing if you ask me... IF the federation council were stupid pacifists
    Or they where heavily subverted by the Undine to the highest level of command with only the lone hero (the player) meant to learn the truth of the plot to cause war to divide the powers in the quadrant for easy Iconian conquest.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited November 2013
    Be careful... It's Gecko after all..

/shrug
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Or they where heavily subverted by the Undine to the highest level of command with only the lone hero (the player) meant to learn the truth of the plot to cause war to divide the powers in the quadrant for easy Iconian conquest.

Sound so good on paper, til they make missions out of it and it loses the story. :P
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The war with the Federation is pretty well represented in KDF missions, I think. It's only when you start to run through the cross-faction content that the rationale starts to weaken... and even at level 50 you can still pick up a PvE mission to beat back Federation incursions into Klingon territory.

On the Federation side, the last time you ever really clash with 'sanctioned' KDF forces outside of PvP is when you defeat B'Vat for the last time. And I'd strongly argue that since B'Vat was mostly acting on his own, Starfleet spends less time fighting the Klingon Empire than anybody else.

That's where one of the disconnects is. Fed players who don't play KDF and who don't PvP never get the sense that they're fighting against the Empire. Sad to say, but Fed vs. KDF battles in Fed PvE are basically nothing but filler before you get to the higher level content. The real bad guys are always somebody else (B'Vat excepted).
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you really want to be anal, we actually stopped fighting the KDF altogether by mid-KDF storyline and we started to fight a rogue Klingon ambassador until the Romulan storyline
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Watching it also makes me want a new show and not a ****ty JJ version. The second movie in particular was the biggest slap in the face to Star Trek that I've ever seen!

Nemesis is also a contender though.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013

We do have the Khitomer system now after all....
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    with only the lone hero (the player)
    Who's The Player? Never heard of this person. What race? What sex? What rank?

Sorry for the rhetorical questions. The whole "put yourself here in the scripted story" BS just pisses me off to no end. Vague 'insertion' identities have no place in any canon...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So I've been re-watching some DS9 and I've gotten to the war. I've been reminded of how well the Klingons and Federation worked together. Call me nostalgic but I miss those days. With the possibility of a looming Iconian war it would be awesome to see a return those days.

the klingons and federation have been in each others affairs and dinner tables for so long they are like a couple bickering over something meaningless. the feds and klingon wars were nothing but border skirmishes most of the time anyways. and most fed and kdf captains trust each other enough that it has become predictable.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.