test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't slot any rep projects! *Resolved!*

saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Reputation System
After today's patch I can no longer slot any Dyson rep projects on any of my characters. On my main that just acquired tier 4 there are no rep projects available. On my alts who have yet to start the rep, the slots are grayed out!

Here is my dyson rep screen on my main:

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/8959/vg8o.png

And this represents all 5 alt who have yet to start a rep project:

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/7372/2mg6.png
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet
Post edited by saltypineapple on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only thing I can suggest is slot up an upgrade project and cancel it to see if it does anything. That seems to be the general fix for projects.
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That did the trick starkaos! Thanks a bunch! I totally forgot about that fix. As to my main, once the hour rep completed it once again became visible for me to slot. Should work that way for the 20hr rep once that completes.

Haven't had that problem before pre-slotting rep projects between tier 0-1,1-2,2-3. But I have a feeling that Cryptic may have implemented a ninja patch on being able to slot dual 20 hr rep projects between tier upgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Only thing I can suggest is slot up an upgrade project and cancel it to see if it does anything. That seems to be the general fix for projects.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

I can do the hourly rep project, but the 20 hour one no longer appears as an option after today's update. I completed the Tier 3 upgrade yesterday, and was able to start the 20 hour project immediately after. Today it's not in the list at all.

I slotted, and canceled, every upgrade project in the list to no avail. They definitely broke something somewhere.
  • siskobsiskob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic's code !!

Thx for tips starkaos
    valethar wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

I can do the hourly rep project, but the 20 hour one no longer appears as an option after today's update. I completed the Tier 3 upgrade yesterday, and was able to start the 20 hour project immediately after. Today it's not in the list at all.

I slotted, and canceled, every upgrade project in the list to no avail. They definitely broke something somewhere.

If u put one project of 1 hourly project, the 20 hours will appear. It's a Cryptic's Miracle !!

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french bad boy :p
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    We are aware of the issue and doing our best to track down and squish the cause of it.

Until then, the workaround posted by Starkaos has reported to be fully-functional, and should solve this issue if you encounter it:
    starkaos wrote: »
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited November 2013
    We are aware of the issue and doing our best to track down and squish the cause of it.

Until then, the workaround posted by Starkaos has reported to be fully-functional, and should solve this issue if you encounter it:

Only I did exactly that and it didn't work, so it's not as "fully functional" as you'd like everyone to think.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Only I did exactly that and it didn't work, so it's not as "fully functional" as you'd like everyone to think.

Is it possible you have the 1-Commendation project accidentally queued behind the current 20-mark project that is running? If so, can you cancel the "next project" and see if it becomes available to slot in your open project slot? If not, can you post screens of your available project list for the Dyson Rep? Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    Is it possible you have the 1-Commendation project accidentally queued behind the current 20-mark project that is running? If so, can you cancel the "next project" and see if it becomes available to slot in your open project slot? If not, can you post screens of your available project list for the Dyson Rep? Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Negative. It's the exact opposite. I have a currently running commendation project running, and now the 20 mark project is stuck in the queue behind it and cannot be removed to be slotted in the open slot. This was done in an attempt to see if the list would update, by slotting everything in the list behind the currently running projects to see if I would be able to queue up the 20 hour commendation project again. Ordinarily, you can queue up the same project behind the currently running project. This is not possible with the commendation project. Currently, you can do so with every project but this one.

The 'cancel next' button is completely inoperative. I can click any other project available and it will replace the currently queued project, but nothing in the queue can be removed at all.

The same issue applies to the upgrade project that allows me to trade in 350 marks for 5 commendations. Anything slotted behind these 20 hour projects is now stuck there and cannot be canceled.

I'm now stuck at a point where I cannot do any rep projects at all until the current 20 hour projects complete sometime tomorrow, because the 1 hour project is stuck in the queue.

http://home.comcast.net/~valethar/images/sto/dyson001.jpg

As a side note, before I started the project in the upgrade slot, I slotted and removed every available upgrade, even logging out between them, and the 20 hour commendation project never reappeared in the list to be queued behind the currently running one. The one hour 20 mark project, up until I slotted it behind the commendation project, was working fine.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Negative. It's the exact opposite. I have a currently running commendation project running, and now the 20 mark project is stuck in the queue behind it and cannot be removed to be slotted in the open slot. This was done in an attempt to see if the list would update, by slotting everything in the list behind the currently running projects to see if I would be able to queue up the 20 hour commendation project again. Ordinarily, you can queue up the same project behind the currently running project. This is not possible with the commendation project. Currently, you can do so with every project but this one.

The 'cancel next' button is completely inoperative. I can click any other project available and it will replace the currently queued project, but nothing in the queue can be removed at all.

The same issue applies to the upgrade project that allows me to trade in 350 marks for 5 commendations. Anything slotted behind these 20 hour projects is now stuck there and cannot be canceled.

I'm now stuck at a point where I cannot do any rep projects at all until the current 20 hour projects complete sometime tomorrow, because the 1 hour project is stuck in the queue.

http://home.comcast.net/~valethar/images/sto/dyson001.jpg

As a side note, before I started the project in the upgrade slot, I slotted and removed every available upgrade, even logging out between them, and the 20 hour commendation project never reappeared in the list to be queued behind the currently running one. The one hour 20 mark project, up until I slotted it behind the commendation project, was working fine.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'll pass it along to the team for investigation.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    Doing a little digging around on alts, I noticed that the same phenomenon appears with the other reputation factions. However, I think all of them may be suffering from the same root cause.

In all cases, with my characters at least, this appears after having completed enough projects to promote to the next tier, with projects still in the queue. After completing the existing projects, then running the tier progression upgrade, the rep projects fail to reappear in the list to be queued.

The currently existing projects that were queued before the upgrade project was run can be completed as they always have without issue (As they currently are with the Dyson rep on my Romulan) but in order to be able to queue them up back to back again, you have to cancel the currently queued projects from the previous tier, which will then populate the list with the projects from the new tier, which now can be queued up normally again.

This is possibly why the 20 hour Dyson commendation project is not appearing to be queued. It could also explain why the usual 'queue up an upgrade and cancel it' workaround had no effect.

It doesn't explain why the 'Cancel Next' button doesn't work properly though, unless this is also being affected by the same process. It's not worth losing almost 400 marks and the other resources to test. :)
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just adding I have the same problem in the Nukara Rep.

I've had both XP projects queued up previously. Claimed the completed ones (that made me complete a tier), then ran the tier upgrade project, completed it. Now the new tier XP projects don't show up so I can queue them after the currently running previous tier XP projects I queued up yesterday.

And the 'Cancel next' button also doesn't work there (tried to slot other projects there in hopes of seeing the XP projects appear).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • tweihtweih Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'll pass it along to the team for investigation.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You do know that it is happening with every one of the rep systems. you get to tier 4 and you cant select any new projects only shields or weapons. This is happening for New ROM and Nukara and Omega as well not just Dyson rep
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I noticed an issue today with Reps that were at 0 xp. I had to slot, then cancel, one of the useless "upgrade" projects to be able to queue xp projects. I didn't have the issue on other reps, just one at 0 xp.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So it's not just me then?

I just made T3 Dyson today and across all 3 characters who are working on it, they can't find Thwart Voth Efforts.

I just slotted and cancelled two different kinds of upgrade projects.
    No effect.

I guess until it's fixed, working on Dyson Reputation is pointless.
    Can't advance without the Thwart Voth Efforts assignment, can I?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same problem. as i have posted elsewhere this is a game breaker and needs to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
    edited November 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    So it's not just me then?

I just made T3 Dyson today and across all 3 characters who are working on it, they can't find Thwart Voth Efforts.

I just slotted and cancelled two different kinds of upgrade projects.
    No effect.

I guess until it's fixed, working on Dyson Reputation is pointless.
    Can't advance without the Thwart Voth Efforts assignment, can I?
    did you choose your passive for that tier?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So I hit T4, did the upgrade, tried to queue the usual two projects to move along, already had a 20 hour and 1 hour project slotted, set them off, couldn't see any in the possible projects, as described by the OP. So I slotted the beam rifle thinking if I cancel that it may fix it, no, now I cannot unselect the rifle project, I can slot an upgrade project such as the commendation one and cancel it but it has no effect on the other projects...

Upgrade for T4 - Yes
    Chosen perk - Yes
    Watched cutscene - Yes
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the rep system still works I was having the same problem to with my new fed toon until two of my projects was finished it went back to normal
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In the Nukara rep where I encountered the aforementioned problem, the XP project of the new Tier finally appeared after all instances of previous Tier same XP project completed. So in fact, it didn't cause me any loss of time. I simply couldn't queue up the next project in line.

And thankfully, while the 'cancel next' button still doesn't work, the 'cancel current' does, so I could clear one equipment project I previously queued in hopes of fixing the problems.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited November 2013
    did you choose your passive for that tier?

Yes, I did.

The problem appears to have sorted itself out now and the assignment is accessible again.
    For some reason, it wouldn't let me slot it until the Thwart Voth Efforts from the day before was completed. :confused:

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cant start my first dyson project too :D !!
    What should I do all my other alts have no problem.
    Btw I have a unfinished risa event project that I took and never started 0/1000 pearls can this be the cause? :confused:
    edited December 2013
    I have an unfinished CE event project.
    Because I only managed to get 13 of the 14 required crystal shards, I was unable to finish it.
    But left the assignment active because when it comes back, I'll be able to do one run and earn the grand prize.

And that has not caused problems with my assignment slotting.

Therefore, I doubt that a unfilled assignment in another Rep system can affect Dyson Rep.

• otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing just happened to me...

Got the Dyson rep to T4, slotted the uppgrade project, watched the cutscene.

I have a 20 hr one running, and one 1 hr, but when I tried to slot another 1 hr after the other 1 hr, only weapons and ship equipment showed up. (Not that the Dyson stuff is bad, but I want to get to T5, then concentrate on getting the resources I need for what I want to get my hands on.)

The suggested method of slotting an uppgrade and then cancelling it did not compute for my main...

I wonder if this is a symptom of having T3 1 hr and possibly the 20 hr running.

But the 20 hr and 1 hr does not seem to have any tier mechanic tied to them, as there is not description stating this. If this *is* how it works, that needs changing ASAP Zulu.

The rep XP projects should *not* be tied to tiers, but rather be *free standing* so to speak. I think this is the cause...
  • terilynnsterilynns Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh yay.

Well, if there's a problem, I'm hoping my post can help. I am unable to even begin the Dyson Rep as there are no projects available to me except for upgrades. I finished the episodes and I have participated in the ground battle zone, accumulating 260 marks and 1 commendation this afternoon.

I slotted the upgrade and cancelled the project and my projects opened up. Weird. I'm hesitant to start projects now in case something wonks out again and I lose marks, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its working now for me :)))) All I did is put random project in the upgrade and deleted it.
    And now all the projects are available :)
    edited December 2013
    terilynns wrote: »
    Oh yay.

Well, if there's a problem, I'm hoping my post can help. I am unable to even begin the Dyson Rep as there are no projects available to me except for upgrades. I finished the episodes and I have participated in the ground battle zone, accumulating 260 marks and 1 commendation this afternoon.

I slotted the upgrade and cancelled the project and my projects opened up. Weird. I'm hesitant to start projects now in case something wonks out again and I lose marks, etc.
    Aside from that hiccup starting things I haven't had any issues.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.