test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Ar'Kif?

theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Romulan Discussion
First off, I'm *loving* the Ar'Kif on my tactical captain. It's essentially a reskin of the Federation HEC with a tasty Singularity Core slot and a fairly nice universal console (although it still has issues, like shutting off on its own when my torpedoes fire occasionally). I run mine in a plasma build, and it works pretty well. However.

2 Engineering console slots is just not enough. Presumably the fleet version (We know it's coming because of the universal console that comes with the Ar'Kif from the C-store) will have 3 consoles there.

For pete's sake, can we have the fleet one already? It's *literally* a reskin of the Fleet HEC, with different console arrangement, there aren't any new consoles that'll be coming with it, and all that has to be done is add some shields, health, and a console slot and slap it up for people to buy. And maybe try and fix the universal console's habit of deactivating itself when torpedoes fire? But that can wait, I just want an Ar'Kif that won't pop when the Voth sneeze at it too hard. We know it's in the works, just send it already! Please?
Post edited by theonetruetom on

Comments

• theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Erm. Disregard. Why does it come from the Spire? Rude!
    edited November 2013
    Okay, so... This ship is a New Romulan design, the first New Romulan design that wasn't adapted from pre-Hobus tech. I get that the Roms are spearheading the Dyson effort, but did we, like, move our shipyards there? Cause if we did, I'd sure love to know where they got put, and when they were moved. And if they didn't move, what's the justification for making a fleet version of a ship only available via Tier 3 of the new reputation holding? A ship that existed before the sphere was in the game, no less.
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm pretty sure the Fleet version is a extra tac console not engineering.
    edited November 2013
    So it is. Still, the Republic designed it, not the Solanae. Why's it only available at the spire?
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So it is. Still, the Republic designed it, not the Solanae. Why's it only available at the spire?

Cause crytic decided to put it there. Old argument. Get over it people.:rolleyes:
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And trust me, it's not worthwhile. You'll fare far better in a fleet dhelan or fleet mogai, depending on your preference for tankiness vs sciscorting.
    edited November 2013
    I love the Ar'kif. It's more durable than a T'varo, while retaining a large amount of the pewpew. Plus, Advanced Scorpions are pretty dang powerful on their own.

Also, I bought the quad plasma cannons for it, since I run a plasma build. It works well enough, but I need t5 romulan rep so I can finish the equipment set I need to be running.
  • talpar1talpar1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With the right build I do seem to die much less. It will take more than a Voth sneeze to destroy this ship!
    With a proper build in place I'm the one taking out the voth ships not the other way round.
    I for one love this ship for what it was meant to be.
    As far as being tier 3 dyson Rep, well, I understand why they did it. Yes I know as far as story line it makes no sense.

Maybe just see it as something to shoot for lol
    what else can we do?