test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription

ginsters12ginsters12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hi folks

I am looking at buy a lifetime subscription to STO. But I was wondering if it only lasts for a year or is it an actual lifetime? In other words you only have to pay once.

cheers folks god speed.
Post edited by ginsters12 on

Comments

• malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lifetime means life time.

So long as servers are live, you will benefit. Pay once, benefits "forever."
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ginsters12 wrote: »
    Hi folks

I am looking at buy a lifetime subscription to STO. But I was wondering if it only lasts for a year or is it an actual lifetime? In other words you only have to pay once.

cheers folks god speed.
    When you buy a Lifetime Subscription, you buy it for the life of the game, and you only pay one time and you're a subscriber forever (as long as the game is live).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The cost to subscribe month to month is $15. Multiply that by 12 you get $180. I would not pay $300 a year if I could pay a lot less. The math speaks for itself.:cool:
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captain185 wrote: »
    The cost to subscribe month to month is $15. Multiply that by 12 you get $180. I would not pay $300 a year if I could pay a lot less. The math speaks for itself.:cool:
    It's not $300 a year, it's $300 one-time payment, which means you never pay again.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When you buy a Lifetime Subscription, you buy it for the life of the game, and you only pay one time and you're a subscriber forever (as long as the game is live).

However, future expansions in the game will not be covered by the Lifetime perks. As an example the LoR bundles are not included and had to be purchased separately...
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    However, future expansions in the game will not be covered by the Lifetime perks. As an example the LoR bundles are not included and had to be purchased separately...

Nope, expansions are completely free for everyone. The LoR bundles are not expansions. Those are just C-store items that were bundled together for one price. They are not required to play the free expansion content.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • ginsters12ginsters12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks folks for shading the light on the life time sub meaning :)
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not $300 a year, it's $300 one-time payment, which means you never pay again.

I was tempted into purchasing a lifetime sub, as I really enjoy the game. But I'm extremely unhappy with the unstated BS of the sale itself.

Next time they put it on "sale" they can start by using the correct pricing. It is not "$300 regularly". Well, maybe it is now, but full price used to be $250. They can just be honest and make it $50 off if they want to, but this revisionist history is insulting. No sale.:mad:
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The first week I joined ( 1230 days ago) spent the $300 to get a lifetime sub...In my opinion it is not worth the the money. The few rewards you get really don't amount to much, I do enjoy the fireworks on occasion but the rest is blah.....just my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    spherb wrote: »
    The first week I joined ( 1230 days ago) spent the $300 to get a lifetime sub...In my opinion it is not worth the the money. The few rewards you get really don't amount to much, I do enjoy the fireworks on occasion but the rest is blah.....just my opinion

I purchased the Lifetime about 2 months after game launch. I compared the subscription price per month to the life and decided that it was equivalent to about 2 years. I choose to bite the bullet and buy it. F2P was about one month after my two year mark. Arguably I got my money's worth. F2P has made lifetimes all but worthless. Those who bought it after I did got messed over good.

In essence, you need to decide for yourself if it is worth it. Has F2P devalued it greatly? You bet your bottom dollar it has.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captain185 wrote: »

There is currently a sale going on to get it for $199.00. It's a one time purchase not annually. It more than pays for itself in benefits.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010