test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Department head bug query

axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I know that this bug began when LOR was launched; and a few months later a patch was released claiming to resolve it.

But it didn't, at least with me.

My main character (Fed) still has his department heads jumbled up whenever I change scenario, but my other two (KDF, RR) do not!

I've been waiting in hope that this will be patched, but as its taken SO long now I'm beginning to think its just me. :(

Does anyone else still have this problem? Company would be appreciated... :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by axellightning on

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No it is definitely not just you. This is a well known bug that get brought up all the time. Unfortunately we've yet receive any feedback on it.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    No it is definitely not just you. This is a well known bug that get brought up all the time. Unfortunately we've yet receive any feedback on it.

Great! Thanks for the clarification. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's interesting, at least for me, is that it only resets like maybe one BODH. On one of my ships it's constantly changing my science and medical officer to the same one. If I change them out it will keep them that way until I map change and check it and it will have assigned that one specific SO back to those two positions. It's not really a big deal as it only affects recommendations and basically just there for our enjoyment but nevertheless, i want my BO to be whom I pick! :)
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You are not the only one.

I get a couple of different flavors of this...

One character, all BOffs are changed out.
    Another character, only the Science office and Medical get changed.
    On another, Medical and Science are empty.

And yet on another.. The Engineering and ops officers are empty.

This is really disconcerting and confusing... and it does affect a lot in game. From powers on your tray for Elite STFs, to DOff assignments.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have noticed this bug a lot. On my main toon I now change ships a lot that use different boffs. Before it may have been the case I was swapping boffs in and out. Be nice to know if this is the reason why. Are you all sticking with same ships and boffs with it still changing department heads?

Come to think of it, on some of my other toons I get blank department heads even with no changes to ships or boffs.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My BOFF's don't change, just my department heads on one character. But my other two seem unaffected.

Yeah REALLY annoying, considering this bug has been active since the last 'big expansion' update came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have noticed this bug a lot. On my main toon I now change ships a lot that use different boffs. Before it may have been the case I was swapping boffs in and out. Be nice to know if this is the reason why. Are you all sticking with same ships and boffs with it still changing department heads?

Come to think of it, on some of my other toons I get blank department heads even with no changes to ships or boffs.

I am.
    On all the characters that this happens to, I have the same ship and BOff layout.
    I could change maps and then start doing DOff assignments, and boom my department heads are all the same.

Or.. I'm missing department heads.

If I go into the Stations tab, I see that almost all my BOffs are not there. If you click on any of the empty stations that are put back to what you had the last time.

I usually get this with map transitions. I've only;y been affected by this once in an ESTF, I guess I should feel lucky. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pupxpupx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well this still persists, actually it's gotten worse for me now. Not only did my department heads get jumbled, the engineering and operations positions were now empty and I couldn't assign an officer at all!

Plus, I also noticed that when visiting my starship bridge on Federation characters, only TWO of my bridge officers are present and the rest of the bridge crew consists of generic aliens! That's new for me!

So much for immersion! :mad:
  • Options
    harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here, on both main Fed and KDF characters. It removes Science and Medical, sets Engineering and Operations to the same boff, and not the one originally assigned to either, and changes Security while leaving Tactical alone. It also changes First Officer. When the dept. heads disappear completely, I can't change them at all until changing First OFficer.