test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium mining bugged

iticusiticus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have 3 preferred Dillithium mining packs that I can not use because the mining is broken. I have used both the keyboard and my nostromo yet I am not able to move the triangle to adjust it over the target correctly. This has happened only since the patch.

Also the graphic receptacle does not work, there is only a white line on the screen where it should be (again for Dil mining).

I have tried restarting my computer, removing the devices, updating the drivers, ect. This only happens in STO.

Please fix soon.
Post edited by iticus on

Comments

• iticusiticus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There continues to be a bugg that I can't use my nostromo or keyboard while dilithium mining. Using a mouse is slow and complicated. Could you please fix this issue?

Also this bugg seems to effect harvesting items that you have to do waveforms with. I have no idea what this is called but they allow you to create weapons and things at memory alpha.

Am I the only one that has this problem?:confused:
  • velvetsanityvelvetsanity Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are you using the arrow keys or trying to use WASD?

With the default keybinds, it's the arrow keys you need. WASD won't work.

Hope this helps :)
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Been using the arrow keys myself. Not having any issues with Dil mining, radiation scanning or particle scanning.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got a couple dozen preferred mining passes myself last week and have been using them nearly daily on two different characters (one Fed/Tac/Human, the other Rom-Fed/Sci/LibBorg) and using the arrow keys on a basic USB keyboard, I have had no trouble getting my Dilithium.

Sorry your having trouble Iticus. :( Is it possible that when the scanning "window" pops-up that it's not in focus? Maybe you've got your Inventory, Chat, or some other window highlighted in the foreground? Have you tried clicking your mouse into the scanning window and then tried using the arrow keys?

Are you using discrete arrow keys, or the ones on the number pad? Is your Num Lock on/off? Have you tried using your mouse to click the arrows on the screen?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the help... I never have had t use the directional keys before in STO, I have always used the WASD keys mapped to my nostromo. I tried the directional keys that are mapped to my Nostromo and it works. Its not as fast as before but that is probably because I am not use to it. Thanks again!

BTW is it just me or did they increase the speed of the refresh on the dilithium mining up to Ludicrous speed?
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not just you... the refresh speed did seem to be boosted to me... I used to have no problem hitting the max reward on the rich claims... now its a battle that I generally lose (get to about 695) There are times I get the target quickly, but it refreshes before the first scan is done.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Iticus, that's great news! Glad I was able to help. So WASD used to work, eh? Huh. I didn't know that... I have always just used the arrow keys. Strange they took that out. (But then this is the company that thought it was a good idea to remove the Undo button from the Tailor (without mentioning it in the release notes, no less), and I still don't get that move. :rolleyes: )

>shrug<

Anyway, it's working, so that's good.

As for the refresh changing... It may be a little faster, or maybe I'm a little out of practice. I'm still pretty regularly getting over 700pts (5k Dil Ore), but I seem to be getting high-600s (4,375? Dil Ore) more often than I used to. I thought I was just not concentrating and/or being slow/lazy, but if others are feeling it's faster too, maybe it is and it isn't just me. ???

Hmmm... :confused:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, for the longest time I was able to use the "q" and "r" keys to do the dil mining, but after teh update I cant no more. Having to get used to the Directional pad (D-Pad) on my controler is difficult but not impossible. I used to be to use both keys in harvesting the waveform items too, but again it doesnt work for that. But at least I can get up above 100 now on Dil mining!:D

Regularly I used to get above 800 and get the rare harvests, but with this move with the D-Pad and the speed of the dil refresh rate, those days are long gone.:(

Once again thanks for y'alls assistance with this matter. I really do appreciate it a lot.