Options

Season 8 - Just don't get it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kortaag wrote: »
    Uh ok.. I'm pretty sure this all fits under "to the best of their knowledge".
    No. The people who wrote the history books intentionally hid the truth to make themselves look good, they didn't try to reconstruct event at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Also, just recently I know THROUGH THE RANDOM FORUMS again that there are lots of added DOFF missions in the Dyson sphere. I could have missed all of this if it wasn't for the forums.

Just addressing this part - all due respect, but I believe the POINT of the doff missions that you can 'discover' through 'exploration'...

is not that you need to go to external sources to find out about them,

but that you have to, erm, 'discover' them... through 'exploration'.
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow from what I have read it looks like some players are going click happy with the popup windows that pretty much tells you what you need to do.

I do find the reading kind of tedious, but, its ether read all the info or runaround looking stupid (to myself) and since I really don?t like wasting time or looking stupid I just brace myself and read each and every popup window to make the game go smother and faster.

I find these threads kind of silly, for one thing the explanations to the most of the mini missions are there but some players refuse to read them but then ask how to do them and end up reading the very same explanation from a player?s response to the question they refused to read in the first palace.

A good question for the OP would be

Why did you not read the popup? Or if you did, what about the popups were you not clear about.

How did the player?s response to your question differ from the popups explanation?

All of this info would be very helpful for the Dev team to improve the way a mission is explained.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What I feel is missing is a bridge episode between Sphere of Influence and our starting work with the allied forces in the Sphere. Explain a little bit more about the Omega Directive for those that aren't familiar with it, how a truce came about to deal with it in this instance, he we've gotten into a shooting match with the Voth over it, that kind of thing.
  • Options
    kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited November 2013
    No. The people who wrote the history books intentionally hid the truth to make themselves look good, they didn't try to reconstruct event at all.

Listen dear, you've got a voracious habbit for splitting hairs. The episode is about a community who is confronted by the interpretation of the events of voyager. To the best of that community's knowledge that's how it happened until our good doctor takes shape in the story.

So maybe you should spend less time splitting hairs eh? It's not worth your copious effort.
    May good management be with you.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ggg247 wrote: »

One thing STO doesn't need is another "big bad" to threaten the lives of the players. The Federation is already at war with the Kilingons, the Tal Shiar, the Breen, the Borg, the Undine, and the True Way. Plus, we have individual and packaged missions fighting the Devidians, the Orions, and other miscellaneous villains. Now, the Voth?

When are we going to start making friends with some of these people?!?!

I agree, but I doubt it will ever happen. Friends don't sell lockboxes. We'll get a new random bad guy in 6 months, because the ship is "cool."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kortaag wrote: »
    Listen dear, you've got a voracious habbit for splitting hairs. The episode is about a community who is confronted by the interpretation of the events of voyager. To the best of that community's knowledge that's how it happened until our good doctor takes shape in the story.

So maybe you should spend less time splitting hairs eh? It's not worth your copious effort.
    Except that the historical revisionism aspect of the Kyrian portrayal of events was a major plot point of the episode. The Vaskans won the war, and the Kyrians claimed that Voyager was hired as mercenaries by the Vaskans, and that Voyager wiped out millions of Kyrians by itself. The Vaskans claimed that they didn't try to eradicate the Kyrians and that it was Janeway's idea....

However, Voyager's involvement was slight. What had actually happened was that Janeway was negotiating with the Vaskans for supplies, and a group of Kyrians beamed in and tried to capture the ship. They failed, and the Vaskan ambassador fatally shot the leader of the Kyrian boarding party as soon as she saw him. Both races used Janeway as a scapegoat to avoid taking blame for their own crimes in the war. Therefore, no, the distortions of the truth were by no means accidental.
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I agree, but I doubt it will ever happen. Friends don't sell lockboxes. We'll get a new random bad guy in 6 months, because the ship is "cool."
    Enh... the villain of the week format is a classic Star Trek element. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I find many of the missions bugged or hard to find the end. Today I tried to pick up the spies and drop them off at intel, no hint where intel was and when I found it with the help of others the mission would not only not finish but wiped all the pickups I had made. This happened to another player as well, he got so made he deleted the mission and logged off.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the villain of the week format is a classic Star Trek element.

Anyone else want a Scalosian lockboox with the costumes and weapons inside?

Just me?

Okay.
    <3
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Anyone else want a Scalosian lockboox with the costumes and weapons inside?

Just me?

Okay.
    :D WANT! Seriously, maybe as a minor race in a single mission, but it'd be nice to be able to revisit their planet. :D

Oh and I want one of their energy weapons. Those things looked really cool. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing