test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Department Heads keep being shuffled

kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Department Heads assigned among my BOffs in the "Department Heads" tab of the DOff window keep being reset to a random BOff for every department. Apparently the game cannot load the library files of assigned BOffs for the stations, because, when I access the "Stations" tab in the character window, it takes a few seconds, then they all pop up. If I access the "Departmens Head" tab BEFORE accessing the "Stations" tab, the afore mentioned bug happens.

Happens almost all the time on all my characters - FED, KDF and ROM.
Post edited by kagasensei on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah this problem has been around since the launch of LoR.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah this problem has been around since the launch of LoR.

Seems to be one of the infamous "low-priority" bugs... low-priority deosn't mean it's not annyoing, though :-(
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Amen Bro! TESTIFY!!!
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup been happening since LOR. My stations unload all the time and i have to hit the stations tab and wait a few seconds for it to load. Then i'll get department heads. Sometimes the stations do not load and i have to manually assign 1 guy then the others load. Sometimes i have to set all the stations. Very, very annoying.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • captainspackle76captainspackle76 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    on the one hand, this bug does not affect gameplay at all... but on the other hand it really screws with the fantasy immersion of the game. department heads are kind of an important aspect of trek. my first officer, chief engineer, ships doctor, science officer, security chief, etc should be of my choosing. random appointment to those positions just isn't acceptable, even if it technically doesn't impact on which assignments are available.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well it is annoying to click in to your Department Heads and see them NOT how you left them. :confused:
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    on the one hand, this bug does not affect gameplay at all... but on the other hand it really screws with the fantasy immersion of the game. department heads are kind of an important aspect of trek. my first officer, chief engineer, ships doctor, science officer, security chief, etc should be of my choosing. random appointment to those positions just isn't acceptable, even if it technically doesn't impact on which assignments are available.
    Actually, this bug DOES affect gameplay: It's not actually a bug limited to JUST Department Heads. It's a wider problem that affects the entire boff system: Your boffs simply fail to register to the game at all, so you warp into an STF and get socked with an AFK penalty because your ship is boffless and inoperable, or you end up in a mission with nothing but TRIBBLE redshirts who die 5 seconds into the mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]