What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lifer rewards

daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
macronius wrote: »
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Post edited by daan2006 on

Comments

• kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah.. Me too.. sadly can't claim any of them yet as I can't log into STO becuase of the "Season 8" issue that carried over from Tribble to Holodeck. So in the meantime I've decided to go back to SWToR until it gets fixed.. As a LTS Member I can wait til its fixed though I had just come back to the game early-mid Oct so it pains me to have to go play something else when I actually want to play STO.

1300+days and counting So Devs.. Any chance of a new reward at say....1500-2k days? Hmm? C'mon....
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You're clearly a Cryptic fanboy if you don't absolutely hate and loathe everything ever added or fixed in the game.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    You're clearly a Cryptic fanboy if you don't absolutely hate and loathe everything ever added or fixed in the game.

me a cryptic fan boy you made me spit out my mounting dew :D but im still happy with the reward think the last one added was the beta to NW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    claimed the LTS last season when LoR came, money means nothing to me but then i needed the rest on bills at the time just to stay alive. anyways, LTS gives the borg option which i have used a few times.

i wouldn't of considered the LTS had LoR not come, so grand total of money spent on cryptic stuff comes to around 300 pounds since the end of 2010 when i joined the game. wise investment? frankly don't care. unlike most people here im here to have some fun and throw the occasional bit of money at it. i have no delusions of grandeur when it comes all this TRIBBLE about entitlement claims as computer gamer rights are not that strong.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • bogarfbogarf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What new rewards?
    edited November 2013
    faction specific EVA suits is the latest LTS reward. but i suspect the reason most people want LTS is being a former borg.
    edited November 2013
    kheldryn wrote: »
    Yeah.. Me too.. sadly can't claim any of them yet as I can't log into STO becuase of the "Season 8" issue that carried over from Tribble to Holodeck. So in the meantime I've decided to go back to SWToR until it gets fixed.. As a LTS Member I can wait til its fixed though I had just come back to the game early-mid Oct so it pains me to have to go play something else when I actually want to play STO.

1300+days and counting So Devs.. Any chance of a new reward at say....1500-2k days? Hmm? C'mon....

that was stopped at 1k mark a while ago. i am assuming they won't make any more vet rewards any longer. besides vet rewards are nice to have anyways.
  • newsinsnewsins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That was not a LTS reward that was just a subscriber vet reward I believe.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I mostly got my lifetime for the Chimera (Love the transformer thing it's got going on and as an added bonus - you don't see too many around) and the monthly stipend (Good for saving up bank increases and stuff)

But we all know the REAL reason we all bought lifetimes.

FIREWORKS
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
    edited November 2013
    newsins wrote: »
    That was not a LTS reward that was just a subscriber vet reward I believe.

LTS get it as well but you are right as well that it is vet reward for those on gold. and the vet rewards page needs an update to include the EVA suit.
    edited November 2013
    I mostly got my lifetime for the Chimera (Love the transformer thing it's got going on and as an added bonus - you don't see too many around) and the monthly stipend (Good for saving up bank increases and stuff)

But we all know the REAL reason we all bought lifetimes.

FIREWORKS

i can't find the fireworks console as KDF. the Chimera is fugly, don't forget the fleet version that has come out as well.
  • bogarfbogarf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Where do u go to get the suit please?
    edited November 2013
    bogarf wrote: »
    Where do u go to get the suit please?

Ship "Firework" emote: Federation characters can claim this by interacting with the large ship hologram in the Shipyard on Earth Spacedock. Klingon characters can claim it from the Barracks located next to the Skill Trainer and Fleet Ambassador on Qo'noS. Romulan characters can claim it from New Romulus Command on New Romulus.

EV suits can also be found at the same console
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited November 2013
    i can't find the fireworks console as KDF. the Chimera is fugly, don't forget the fleet version that has come out as well.

It's not the nicest looking of federation ships, But it's kinda grown on me and the transformation thing has some really cool animations.

I'm not sure about the KDF fireworks, I've not gone on my KDF since i got it. I'll go and have a look around, and post back here if i find it
  • knucklesstarknucklesstar Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Simply for me, its this... they wanna give us a reward. Give us SOMETHING USEFUL, like a free Fleet Chimera upgrade to the regular Chimera. This is not a "perk", its again, just pointless filler and fluff. Like 90% of this game.

The problem with STO can be summed up by Harry Kim in the episode "Investigations" (Voyager: Season 2)

"So far you've had a slow, easy course of dessert, which is fine...
    But pretty soon you are going to need some meat and potatoes."

We simply NEED more FILLING content and not just this continual cotton candy that Cryptic keeps trying to push on us.
    edited November 2013
    Simply for me, its this... they wanna give us a reward. Give us SOMETHING USEFUL, like a free Fleet Chimera upgrade to the regular Chimera. This is not a "perk", its again, just pointless filler and fluff. Like 90% of this game.

i find this way better then that beta to NW i never used this i will use far more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited November 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i find this way better then that beta to NW i never used this i will use far more

I totally understand what you mean, but the most upsetting thing for me was that the Fleet Chimera, which was originally (the lesser version) our reward for staying loyal to Cryptic and actually putting up with their incompetence for so long has been shoved behind a timegate because of Cryptic's overactive greed which has increased over the years by a factor of 100.

Why not allow lifers free access to the Fleet Chimera. If they really want to bother thanking the players.
    edited November 2013
    Here's the location of the KDF fireworks/suit :

http://i.imgur.com/lQNqpVM.jpg

RUZZ5aV.jpg
  • gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You will never see anything for over 1000 days, as any new LTS automatically gets all the rewards to 1000 days, even if they have only been playing for 1.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
    edited November 2013
    much appreciated latias and sopwith. thanks.
    edited November 2013
    Glad to help. One of the things I hate the most KDF side is that it's so hard to find stuff.

(I know it's mostly my own fault for that because I rarely spend time in First City and even less in the Acadamy.)

Haha Yeah, I actually hang around Ganalda station as it's a darn sight easier to find stuff! (Apart from Boff training)
    edited November 2013
    i found it rather easy and i dont play kdf using the map of course
    Ship "Firework" emote:Klingon characters can claim it from the Barracks located next to the Skill Trainer and Fleet Ambassador on Qo'noS.

EV suits can also be found at the same console

and if you look on the map fleet Ambassador is on there as well as the Skill Trainer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Sadly, this is not the new 1300 day reward I was hoping for :( But I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Glad to help. One of the things I hate the most KDF side is that it's so hard to find stuff.

(I know it's mostly my own fault for that because I rarely spend time in First City and even less in the Acadamy.)

I agree... I hate going there. It's a disjointed sprawl. I try do everything elsewhere.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, I know they said the cutoff date was at the 1k mark for LTS Rewards, yet they did just give us the EV Suit. Sure they said its part of the 500 day reward, but really, when you think about it, that is a new reward. They may not have called it a 1300 or 1400 day reward.. but technically it was. Either way, Best investment I made.. current circumstances excluded (I was hit by the S8 Crashing bug and haven't been able to log in since S8 went live. *sigh*)
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    I agree... I hate going there. It's a disjointed sprawl. I try do everything elsewhere.
    Are you familiar with the Old First City? :D:D:D

The new one is much easier to find things in.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Are you familiar with the Old First City? :D:D:D

The new one is much easier to find things in.

i miss the old FC sometimes because this new version is so dislocated from itself.
    edited November 2013
    The Devs said they would not extend the Vet Rewards beyond the 1,000 day mark.

They NEVER said they wouldn't add new rewards within the existing Tier of Vet Rewards.

Subtle but significant difference.

And no it is NOT a 1300 or 1400 day reward.

People that have exceeded the 500 days get the new reward immediately, those with less than 500 days still have to wait to unlock the 500 day rewards.

Remember, if they give away too much for free, they can't make you spend money and thats all they want... money money money... Cryptic's become the worst kind of prostitute, they will sell out any part of their game or the Star Trek franchise for money.
  • rpuma83rpuma83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remember, if they give away too much for free, they can't make you spend money and thats all they want... money money money... Cryptic's become the worst kind of prostitute, they will sell out any part of their game or the Star Trek franchise for money.

Running a business myself... I am fairly positive..... don't quote me...... bu fairly positive that the whole point of creating / selling / supporting a game like this by a Developer is to make money. I could be completely wrong on that of course.... but I am pretty sure that the fine people who work on STO don't do so for free. I am pretty positive that it takes $$ to develop new content.

However I could be completely wrong here.
    edited November 2013
    rpuma83 wrote: »
    Running a business myself... I am fairly positive..... don't quote me...... bu fairly positive that the whole point of creating / selling / supporting a game like this by a Developer is to make money. I could be completely wrong on that of course.... but I am pretty sure that the fine people who work on STO don't do so for free. I am pretty positive that it takes $$ to develop new content.

However I could be completely wrong here.

Yes, but there is a difference in running a quality service which people will happily pay for and enjoy OR running a service with the pure interest to exploit people for money, give low quality items and services and fob off customers or ignore their feedback.

Which one is the better buisness?