test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how do you use Battle Zone Command Credits?

bublawekbublawek Member Posts: 119 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
I have over a hundred of these things and I can't equip them and when I click use from my inventory pop-up nothing happens with them either. And yes I am in the sphere ground battle zone. Any Ideas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bublawek on

Comments

• Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lowe right "request reinforcements" button.

and remember, those things dissapear 2 hours after pick up
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Once an area has been secured, an option will appear on your sidebar (or wherever you have your minor notifications placed) to call in reinforcements. You can spend your credits to call in NPC backups to that location. Do note though that the credits expire after 2 hours. So if you don't use them, they will vanish from your inventory after 2 hours.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WOW, realy now Craptic is giving us credits temp.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I never would have saw that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    moesanrathmoesanrath Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wasnt to hard to figure out unless you are one of those types of people who was just running from area to area picking up any and all of those purple orbs other people just left behind
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    or one of those people who deleted all of the annoying pop ups in their hud...jerk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bublawek wrote: »
    or one of those people who deleted all of the annoying pop ups in their hud...jerk.

well, its explained in one of the missions you get there too
  • Options
    jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is one of the implementations that I personally really like.

If you talk to the Battlemaster in the zone hub he will offer you a mission chain to call in reinforcements that reward.

Each time you use the commendations, you are also awarded a very small amount of rep credits (3-5 is what I have seen) that are then used for your Spire Rep projects.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I admit I don't understand the system entirely (but I am learning), but from what I understand it's there to help prevent (or at least delay) areas from being recaptured and rewarding you for taking the initiative to call for reinforcements if there aren't enough players in your immediate portion of the battlezone and it's in danger of being retaken by the Voth.

And you get some dyson marks out of it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I hate the fact that the rewards you get from using them don't increase enough to warrant hoarding them to call better reinforcements. I just call ensigns all the time. You only loose 1-3 marks calling ensigns all the time.
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I hate the fact that the rewards you get from using them don't increase enough to warrant hoarding them to call better reinforcements. I just call ensigns all the time. You only loose 1-3 marks calling ensigns all the time.

Um, you don't lose any marks at all. You get marks for calling in the reinforcements, and you get more when you call in better reinforcements.
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ngonorrhea wrote: »
    Um, you don't lose any marks at all. You get marks for calling in the reinforcements, and you get more when you call in better reinforcements.

I think what he means is you 'lose out on' 1-3 marks.

Calling in with 20 command credits gets you 1 mark, however calling in with 40 credits gets you 3 marks.
    That means if you only call ensigns, you're losing out on 1 mark for every 2 activations (1+1=2, vs 3 for 40).
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    I think what he means is you 'lose out on' 1-3 marks.

Calling in with 20 command credits gets you 1 mark, however calling in with 40 credits gets you 3 marks.
    That means if you only call ensigns, you're losing out on 1 mark for every 2 activations (1+1=2, vs 3 for 40).

Fair enough.

I stand corrected.