test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tank/DPS Scimitar Build

cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Romulan Discussion
For those of you who seem to think that the Scimitar is squishy and cannot tank, please take a look at the build I have made here:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ktahsscimitar_2438

I cannot stress enough that I see people hating on the Scimitar and it's lack of survivability. And that any survivability comes at the cost of DPS. This build is my own personal build and has been thoroughly tested. Other Scimitar's blow up while mine keeps right on going. Recent logs from the Advanced Combat Tracker has shown an ENC Dps upwards of 6,000 or more with a total damage output of around 6 mil in Khitomer Vortex Elite (not doing probe duty). I understand this build is expensive, but trust me...you'll be happier in the end. I promise. :D
Post edited by cjtombraider#7376 on

Comments

• ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    scimitar2 wrote: »
    For those of you who seem to think that the Scimitar is squishy and cannot tank

what?
    I cannot stress enough that I see people hating on the Scimitar and it's lack of survivability.

wait. WHAT?
    Recent logs from Advanced Combat Tracker has show an ENCDps upwards of 6k or more

woah, unbelieveable

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Always a hater. Oh well. :cool:
    edited November 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    you are getting about 1/5th of that ships dps.

Really? If you have a way of beefing the DPS, I'm all ears lol :D
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you an get way more DPS with Romulan plasma beams and APB3 and A2B/DEM/EPTW/FAW
    Marion Doff/3 Purple Tech Doffs and a beam coolddown doff. I just saw one in Kithomer take out one whole side gate/both cubes and both transformers before the other 4 of use got one transformer down.
    edited November 2013
    you an get way more DPS with Romulan plasma beams and APB3 and A2B/DEM/EPTW
    Marion Doff/3 Purple Tech Doffs and a beam coolddown doff. I just saw one in Kithomer take out one whole side gate/both cubes and both transformers before the other 4 of use got one transformer down.

That's rather impressive. So you're suggesting a Aux2Batt build basically?

I would like to add though that my Scimitar can do the same, I mean not as quickly, but I can usually have the gate started on or killed by the time the other side finishes.
    edited November 2013
    Well it was the Tac version with 5 tac consoles. and yes. you can spam FAW and APB3/DEM is insane. you are giving up some tanking ability but the sheer DPS is way over the top.
    edited November 2013
    watch this and you will see what I am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTbLMBuCpc
    edited November 2013
    Isn't it expensive to set up a Aux2Bat build (or more appropriately, a technician build)?
    edited November 2013
    yes the Doffs are expensive. but there is a Doff mission chain in the B'tran nebula that rewards them if you crit the mission
    edited November 2013
    watch this and you will see what I am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTbLMBuCpc

Holy frick...:P
    edited November 2013
    Isn't it expensive to set up a Aux2Bat build (or more appropriately, a technician build)?

watch the video the person filming is using AP beams but his team is using Romulan plasma. see how they are all spamming APB and FAW with A2B. yes they are expensive but you can do the doff chain in the B'tran nebula to get them free.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holy frick...:P

And another steps into the light...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Always a hater. Oh well. :cool:

I guess the bliss is now fading, since everyone pretty much enlightened you, how low that dps is.

if you have sub 15k DPS in a scimi, you are just doing something wrong

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited November 2013
    You do realize that it is the Falchion (Engineering) Variant, right? Meant to be flown by an Engineer; not a Tactical Officer.
    edited November 2013
    perhaps....i'll look into this.
  • guard41guard41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have a question actually, could an engineer in a Falchion achieve something like that with a similar build? I'd love to have it be able to guard the Kang in the cure, for example.
    edited November 2013
    I have no idea.
    edited November 2013
    I can vouch for whats being said here as my Romulan is an engineer flying the Falchion Dreadnought and though his DPS is not on par with that of a full fledged, properly spec'd, tactical officer, his DPS is sufficient to accomplish most tasks in-game and stay alive while doing it (and it's not a EptX build either).

Edit: And that's what my build in this post is all about.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    engie does have the secret overcapping potential ability tho, and and the second one aswell, so basicly engi has 2 spammable dps boosting abilities. but tac is still better, and please, no torpedoes...
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • casusxcasusx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My current main is a Rom Engi and he is pulling ~17k in a Falchion, so "respectable" damage with a Falchion is doable. He is still lacking Marion, the new singularity core, and some other tweaks to his gear. Is it on par with the damage a tac can pull with a scim...no.
  • des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally, I go with a more balanced build. A dead ship does zero dps!! I find it quite amusing in STF's at the amount of players that die due to not having sod all defense. And then the same ones will usually post your dps after the match.. :rolleyes:

End of the day though, go with what you're comfortable with.

Biggest issue I still have is by the end of any match, all my crew are dead!! Bunch of lightweights if you ask me :cool:

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

For purple 30 mil, for blue 6-7 mil, it is not big difference. I had blue and now i have purple, so trust me.

My scimitar have 5 tac consoles, and i think all the passives from reputation and skill points are offensive based.
    I just let the gate on elite sft to fire at me just for fun, and stand still whole the time at couple of KM distance. I cant die.

There is no need to tank scimitar with consoles, just keep redistributing shields and use TT.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Again...this all comes down to whether or not you want a Scimitar that does massive DPS with no chance of surviving an attack; or a Scimitar that does DPS high enough to do any role in any STF and can take a beating at the same time.