Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Sub Sale Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    str34kfury wrote: »
    So, where do we pick up our 300-day rewards? The 300-day mark was so long ago for me, I can't even remember where we picked up our fireworks...

This link is provided in the blog in the OP, and should help:
    For information on how to claim and use your Veteran Rewards, click here.

Thanks for your support! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Companies have sales all the time, there is nothing wrong with it at all.

You are absolutely right that companies have sales all the time. However, those companies advertise those sales days, sometimes weeks in advance. Some vague, cryptic comment from a Dev on the forums about "sometime this holiday season" is not advertising. Technically, we are not in a "holiday season". My whole point on this matter is that Cryptic/PWE/CBS, whoever, needs to let people know ahead of time about promotions and sales. If I had made the purchase a week ago, I would not be on here and making a comment, because too much time has passed. But, I made my purchase late Sunday night, and I wake up to the news this morning that they are having a sale. Am I upset? Yes I am. Is this a serious issue to me? Yes, it is. I am seriously considering cancelling the payment (which I know will get my account banned) and not playing this game ever again. I have spent over $2,000 USD on this game in the last year alone, and have never complained or had issues (I am a ship collector and major contributor to my fleet) with this game. Cryptic does not even have to refund the money. Just give me the different in Zen or something, and I would be happy. Even if they did refund it, it would most likely go right back into the game. It is a principle issue to me. Even Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, & all the major online and box store retailers will refund your money or pay you the difference within a few days of an item that you bought went on sale. Why not Cryptic. It's not like it will bankrupt them and would actually go a long way in public relations for this game, especially since they have bad PR when it comes to customer service. I have a ticket in on this matter, and truly do not expect a response or anything other than "Sorry, but you are beat". But, Cryptic's time in replying and their response will determine if I continue to play this game, do a charge back, and what kind of review they get publicly from me about this game.

To the people making the comments that I should just deal with it, or that I do not have the right to complain, well if this had happened to you, I am sure that you would be as upset as I am. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I never talk down or berate someone for theirs. Thanks for the comments on this, both positive and negative. :D
  • Options
    hn45hn45 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Literally bought one of the KDF suits a few days ago. Damn.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Right... owned several of these already. While I must admit I'm happy I can now equip my entire away team with them without having to shell out an extra 2800 zen per character (which some people doubtlessly did), I'm sure you can understand; I'm not entirely happy about the way this went.

If it'd been up to me, I'd have just gone and made a Rare (blue) version for the veteran awards console, added an Uncommon (green) one for the dilithium store, and maybe a common (white) one to the ship's replicator. It is supposed to be standard issue equipment, afterall. And it would've left some small upside to having bought the ludicrously and individually priced suits to keep people from concluding:

"That'll teach us not to buy stuff from Cryptic."

That's all water under the bridge now, I suppose, but since we who paid for these things are kind of sort of a little bit screwed by this, there is a way you can make it up to us somewhat, by gimping the marketing ploy that you clearly turned this into and at the very least adding an uncommon version to the dilithium store. That way people won't feel like they absolutely have to go LTS to get their as-seen-on-TV spacesuits.

Like we absolutely had to go through the C-store to get them before. And you know you're going to flip that on them eventually. Better skip ahead now, cause next time it'll be LTS-er rage. (And that's a much bigger crowd.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE - 5:55PM 11/12

Note: The website has been updated to reflect the sale price, and the billing portal where you actually purchase the Subscription still has the sale price active :) This was only a display issue with the LTS/ Gold pages as the purchase flow displayed the sale price.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ofdpt23p13ofdpt23p13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...and those of us that already bought it - do we get a refund?
    hn45 wrote: »
    Literally bought one of the KDF suits a few days ago. Damn.
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Right... owned several of these already. While I must admit I'm happy I can now equip my entire away team with them without having to shell out an extra 2800 zen per character (which some people doubtlessly did), I'm sure you can understand; I'm not entirely happy about the way this went.

If it'd been up to me, I'd have just gone and made a Rare (blue) version for the veteran awards console, added an Uncommon (green) one for the dilithium store, and maybe a common (white) one to the ship's replicator. It is supposed to be standard issue equipment, afterall. And it would've left some small upside to having bought the ludicrously and individually priced suits to keep people from concluding:

"That'll teach us not to buy stuff from Cryptic."

That's all water under the bridge now, I suppose, but since we who paid for these things are kind of sort of a little bit screwed by this, there is a way you can make it up to us somewhat, by gimping the marketing ploy that you clearly turned this into and at the very least adding an uncommon version to the dilithium store. That way people won't feel like they absolutely have to go LTS to get their as-seen-on-TV spacesuits.

Like we absolutely had to go through the C-store to get them before. And you know you're going to flip that on them eventually. Better skip ahead now, cause next time it'll be LTS-er rage. (And that's a much bigger crowd.)

This last comment here. I am amazed more people are not upset about the giveaway. But then this peaks to two things. Not that many purchased the suits, or not many people playing the game and buying stuff to get upset about. Both of which are unfortunate situations for STO overall.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not only are we having a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 10AM PST, but we have also added a new Veteran Reward! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

Bran, you still missing a Transwarp option to get to Captain's Table. It would be far more useful vet reward if it had that. And it would not replace the ESD or Qo'Nos one, because people would still need to do one more load screen to leave from the Captain's chair to their home world.

Make it happen already.

Also, I really think you should do what was suggested above and make the lifetime one either a rare one or give those who purchased the one the C-Store access to a very rare one, and access to both types if they purchased C-Store version and got the Vet version.
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another thing you might want to check is whether some of the Veteran Awards are accessible to newly made characters. I made a new character to go through the new tutorial (great, BTW), but after speaking w/ Quinn and being able to go around ESD, I found the veteran costume pieces weren't unlocked when I wanted to adjust my costume & the Android Bridge Officer wasn't available. I haven't lost my androids or Veteran uniforms from other characters and other things like the Career Officer title are accessible from my new alt. But those aren't, even though the interactions suggest I should't have to do anything extra. Don't know if I'm unique or if there's a systemic problem. But now you know, at least.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My staff is quite happy.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic,

So, speaking of rewards, what are we getting for the 1500 day mark?:)
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hauriant wrote: »
    Another thing you might want to check is whether some of the Veteran Awards are accessible to newly made characters. I made a new character to go through the new tutorial (great, BTW), but after speaking w/ Quinn and being able to go around ESD, I found the veteran costume pieces weren't unlocked when I wanted to adjust my costume & the Android Bridge Officer wasn't available. I haven't lost my androids or Veteran uniforms from other characters and other things like the Career Officer title are accessible from my new alt. But those aren't, even though the interactions suggest I should't have to do anything extra. Don't know if I'm unique or if there's a systemic problem. But now you know, at least.

They unlock at level 5.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hauriant wrote: »
    The unlocks to Vet Rewards for new characters unlock at Level 5.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If only lifetime was based off a point system where as you spend money on STO you get points to use towards earning lifetime... With Points we still spend the same amount as if we went to buy it outright but it is less of a strain on our wallets at one sitting then once a year we get a points discount like this sale here. that way you prove your loyalty to the game AND earn your way into it instead of being rich and privileged.;)

Just a thought, I did take financing class so I'm not completely out of line with that idea I think..
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Scampering about in the Klingon suit is worth leveling one imo, not that bothered about the FED or Rommie ones, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    grayfrethgrayfreth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I bought ONE suit for ONE of my FED toons. I had for a long time considered buying more suits for my away team. Now I don't have to and I get my KDF suits too, I consider this awesome :)
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Sorry. It sucks, you missed the sale. But that's life. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
    It's no secret they do these sales a couple times a year, you could have waited.

No business refunds if you buy abything for regular price.

so any chance of an LTS sale for Champions?
    our last And only one, was for the 1st anniversary
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Would have been nice if there was something added with the rep systems as a perk too.

Although its nice to not have to buy them but there is little use in them being the fleet marks were removed from nukara and I really do not have any use for nukara rep gear.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If only lifetime was based off a point system where as you spend money on STO you get points to use towards earning lifetime... With Points we still spend the same amount as if we went to buy it outright but it is less of a strain on our wallets at one sitting then once a year we get a points discount like this sale here. that way you prove your loyalty to the game AND earn your way into it instead of being rich and privileged.;)

Just a thought, I did take financing class so I'm not completely out of line with that idea I think..

Just a thought, but speaking of financing class, another way to earn a lifetime subscription, is the old style of saving. Each month, put money aside what you would spend on the game, or any other disposable items you might buy, and keep it in your bank account. Then wait until you have enough to buy the subscription, ?especially when it is on sale, which happens at least twice a year.:)
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The unlocks to Vet Rewards for new characters unlock at Level 5.

Oh, OK. Thank you. Seems a weird restriction, but one that isn't much of a problem. I'll level up.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1) Does the Lifetime still get the 500 zen allowance a month?

2) Are there any plans on vet rewards past the 1000 day mark?
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1) yes but sometimes i think i dont got it but cant proof it
    2) i dont think so 1000 day is long over was no 1100 1200 1300

Subscribed For: 1283 Days
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    Thank you Cryptic/PWE for your response and taking care of this for me. It shows me that you do indeed care about your customer base and you can look forward to me playing for as long as the game is active! :)

To those that feel PWE Customer Service has issues, I can confirm that they are on top of things and do indeed look out for their customers!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the EV suits! :)

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    mgsace26mgsace26 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do you guys know where I can get the EV suite at?
    "Death and more death soon enough for the predators taste."
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1) Cryptic, thank you for the new EV Suits. They're quite snazzy!

2) Any chance of getting the EV Suit costume unlocked in the tailor so we can be wearing the "appearance" even when not actually wearing the EV Suit? This would make it similar to how we can look like we're in Omega or Honor Guard "clothes" even when we're not wearing that armor. Please? That would be awesome.

3) Reminder to Cryptic to update your Vet Rewards Page.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I took these maps from the STO Wiki and drew a red X where each of the Claim Consoles are located. I then put a red line/arrow showing the route from a character's beam-in location in the Transporter Room to the X.

Federation characters can claim their EV Suits by interacting with the console under the large ship hologram near the Shipyard entrance on Earth Spacedock:
    http://i.imgur.com/kY51IxS.jpg

Klingon characters can claim from a console against the West wall of the Barracks on Qo'noS:
    http://i.imgur.com/kOjNH2t.jpg

Romulan characters can claim from a console inside the New Romulus Command Center Rotunda:
    http://i.imgur.com/1Rh5g02.jpg

Enjoy!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    kingroib76kingroib76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I assume you'll be refunding the ZEN for those of us who had lifetime subs and purchased the EV suit when it was a ZEN item? Otherwise, this is TRIBBLE.
This discussion has been closed.