What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Solanae Tribble Available! [Claim Period Now Ended]

2»

Comments

• dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    for those wondering....it looks like the season testing tribble can be put on the boffs again.....at least it worked for my S7 tribble and S8 tribble...

That was exactly I was looking for. Thank you VERY much.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why limited time?Was hoping it will be like the others.Seriously it ruins my collection and perfect 100% purchase C store :/
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    for those wondering....it looks like the season testing tribble can be put on the boffs again.....at least it worked for my S7 tribble and S8 tribble...
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    That was exactly I was looking for. Thank you VERY much.

Thank you for letting us know. I can actually claim them now :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• drysyndrysyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This FREE Tribble is now available to claim in the C-Store for a limited-time to celebrate the launch of Season 8: The Sphere! Read more to learn about it and its unique ground buffs.

Click here to read more.

while i like free stuff i already have 3 tribbles in my bank and 2 in my inventory this will make 3...when do we get a free inventory increase to compensate? :P
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drysyn wrote: »
    while i like free stuff i already have 3 tribbles in my bank and 2 in my inventory this will make 3...when do we get a free inventory increase to compensate? :P
    You can put those unique tribbles on your Bridge officers, for either storage or allow them to get the buffs from those tribbles.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate the tribble, it means using up another inventory space that I don't have to spare. Winter event is going to completely fill up everything.
    An Enchanted Bag of Tribble Holding +2...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone else noticed that the CrtH buff on the Solanae Tribble (and possibly the AP DR buff, I forgot to check) doesn't last the full hour of the Tribble's cool down? You have to regularly re-pet the Solanae Tribble to refresh the buff. Not sure how long it lasts, but less than 15mins...

Devs, is this intended or a bug?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't even bother claiming all these special tribbles anymore. I have the fleet tribble and used it a couple times then put it in the bank and never bothered claiming any other tribbles that may have came out since then.

Its not worth the trouble to remember to use it every hour for a free mark, nor is it worth device or inventory space. To make it worse the gambling device is so powerful and takes up the same buff slot tribble buffs take up its always better to have a gambling device equipped instead and I don't feel like always equipping my gambling device then equipping the tribble every hour and having to re slot the icons in my power tray.

I hope tribbles would actually be worth slotting or at least make it useable with the gambling device otherwise they are useless for me and I won't bother claiming this even though it may only be free limited time.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say thank you for this free tribble :)

And its nice that now you can put them on ur boffs too.
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to claim this tribble but since Cryptic screwed up and players are crashing at the loading screen, it's quite impossible. Will the deadline be extended because your your TRIBBLE up?
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I, too, cannot claim this tribble. I am locked out of the game still (5 days and counting) due to the problem reported on Tribble a month ago that was never addressed and is now live on Holodeck. 4 days left to claim this and I'm still waiting on a fix.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the Tribble but I would rather prefer a Voth Doff
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can't be bothered to make a statement regarding this due to your negligent TRIBBLE up?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE: We're extending the "claim by" date (originally ended this Thursday)! Make sure to grab yours before Wednesday, November 27, 2013 when it will no longer be available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE: We're extending the "claim by" date (originally ended this Thursday)! Make sure to grab yours before Wednesday, November 27, 2013 when it will no longer be available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And if you dont fix the crashing bug to that time, you will prolong it again ?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Somewhat off-topic, but you know what, you guys really need to talk to CBS and ThinkGeek or someone and see about having STO Tribble plushies made; Solanae, Nukara, Fluidic, Triolic, IDIC, etc....
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You mean like these?

hmm I thought they had a few others but I just see the Tribble of Borg

http://www.tribbletoys.com/
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not quite, those are still 'generic' looking Tribbles, I was thinking ones that could be easily identifable like purple with pink 'energy' Solanae, Blue and Orange Nukara, etc... Ones that actually look like their in-game counterparts.

Think of it, you could pet a Solanae Tribble plushie at the same time your captain is petting their Solanae Tribble...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Would be cool if there were targ options of all the tribbles too LOL. Possibly special epohhs for the romulan toons lol.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The way the account unlock if claimed before the date system works is really neat, I like it. :D
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope people are right that after you get the tribble, its a free unlock from there on out. Than you can only collect for free now, but you have to buy if you get rid of it afterwards.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Extension of deadline can only mean one thing. The tribble is about to go on sale in C-Store. Get it quick!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    I hope people are right that after you get the tribble, its a free unlock from there on out. Than you can only collect for free now, but you have to buy if you get rid of it afterwards.

This concern is addressed in the news post linked in the OP:
    Note: Claiming this Unique (max one per character) item from the C-Store is an account wide unlock, that any of your existing or future Captains can acquire. All players who have claimed this item before November 27, 2013 from the C-Store will be able to claim it on any future characters you create on your account. This Tribble is "bind on pick-up."

If you delete it, and you've unlocked it before November 27, 2013, you'll be able to reclaim it. This is how any account-wide unlock works :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Since I'm one of the unlucky few to still have the 18897741 error code, does this mean I'm out of luck for the tribble?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think we will see all the tribbles again in the C store just like the IDIC Tribble so I would expect to see te Fleet,Rhiansu Nukara Tribble and Solanae tribble in the C store in the future.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since I'm one of the unlucky few to still have the 18897741 error code, does this mean I'm out of luck for the tribble?

Good luck getting a reply.....Or a way to get what you've missed because of this assinine lock out.
  • gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can I please get an answer to my question?
  • sanshin00sanshin00 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regarding locked-out players and tribble, NO. Because they screwed up, we get screwed. I hope to be proven wrong.
This discussion has been closed.