test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The ground zone is a bit of a fail

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
While it is easy to get marks there is a huge problem in that each zone only holds 15 players. What often happens is that 10 people are hanging around or leave and you and maybe one other person are left to try to take control of each section. This is long and boring. And can be a tough go if it's just you and your two boffs. After securing the whole park area by myself which took over an hour I go up against the boss T-rex : which I fail as he is impossible to solo. This whole time was wasted as I wanted the cyber implants.

It seems that the only way to get the cyber implants is to defeat the end boss. I see people fleeing this content within a week or two at most. In fact it was getting bare just a hour ago and this is launch day!!

Overall I am not impressed.
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While it is easy to get marks there is a huge problem in that each zone only holds 15 players. What often happens is that 10 people are hanging around or leave and you and maybe one other person are left to try to take control of each section. This is long and boring. And can be a tough go if it's just you and your two boffs. After securing the whole park area by myself which took over an hour I go up against the boss T-rex : which I fail as he is impossible to solo. This whole time was wasted as I wanted the cyber implants.

It seems that the only way to get the cyber implants is to defeat the end boss. I see people fleeing this content within a week or two at most. In fact it was getting bare just a hour ago and this is launch day!!

Overall I am not impressed.

First, the zone does scale to the number of people in it. Each of the three areas takes into count how many players are in it, and scales the enemies to that number. So if it ends up being you and a buddy, you'll get a lesser number of Voth, then if you have 10 players inside the area.

Boss T-rex, yeah it doesn't scale, and a number of AFKers can really TRIBBLE you over on a zone. However, if I remember right, anyone in the central hub doesn't count towards the difficulty of the areas, just to the instance population.

Edit: I found that doing Elite Storming the Spire is a better more efficient way to get Voth Cybernetic implants, and the ground is more efficient for Dilithium and Marks.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited November 2013
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    First, the zone does scale to the number of people in it. Each of the three areas takes into count how many players are in it, and scales the enemies to that number. So if it ends up being you and a buddy, you'll get a lesser number of Voth, then if you have 10 players inside the area.

Boss T-rex, yeah it doesn't scale, and a number of AFKers can really TRIBBLE you over on a zone. However, if I remember right, anyone in the central hub doesn't count towards the difficulty of the areas, just to the instance population.

Edit: I found that doing Elite Storming the Spire is a better more efficient way to get Voth Cybernetic implants, and the ground is more efficient for Dilithium and Marks.

Still if it is just you and your boffs trying to take a whole area like the park it takes at least an hour or more of hard grind only to fail at the final boss which is guaranteed??!! Sorry this is an epic FAIL on cryptics part.

So I wasted all that effort and got zero cyber implants!! Most people are solo running around and not interested in teaming - an there are so many zones running with so many players it's hard to find someone in chat to team up with: Fail

I have over 10 active toons and don't have 12 hours a day to grind this TRIBBLE just to fail the final boss.

They better make some changes to the zones and better add more ways to get these cyber implants with less work - quickly or this will become of major point of problem for people.

I left this evening with a feeling that I rarely get - not wanting to log back in for awhile!
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited November 2013
    And everyone else saying it is too easy...

Yeah dont farm ground for implants, more frustrating doing it that way. The ground zones are really made for a team but too many and it becomes too easy. best thing to do if it is crowded is move to another one unless you prefer easy mode. and if you are solo then move to one that has 2-3 more players atleast.

Overall I am happy with the ground maps but I wish that each zone was seperate all the way and you could work one zone, capture all the points and the V-rex would appear. then you could move on to another zone and repeat.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still if it is just you and your boffs trying to take a whole area like the park it takes at least an hour or more of hard grind only to fail at the final boss which is guaranteed??!! Sorry this is an epic FAIL on cryptics part.

So I wasted all that effort and got zero cyber implants!! Most people are solo running around and not interested in teaming - an there are so many zones running with so many players it's hard to find someone in chat to team up with: Fail

I have over 10 active toons and don't have 12 hours a day to grind this TRIBBLE just to fail the final boss.

They better make some changes to the zones and better add more ways to get these cyber implants with less work - quickly or this will become of major point of problem for people.

I left this evening with a feeling that I rarely get - not wanting to log back in for awhile!

First, as I said you want cyber implants, even if you do the ground, it's more efficent and less time consuming to get them from elite Storming the Spire. Everyone is running around the ground to get marks and dilithium.

Secondly, doesn't matter if they team or not, at the end there's only three t-rexes, and you can kill it with three people, one on the medics that come out, the other two on the t-rex. If there's only three in the entire instance, you may want to team up with them first.

Third, you don't need a team, or you shouldn't. Anything over two people on a point is overkill, and it's more efficent if everyone is capturing other points while you capture yours. If you find yourself doing the zone solo, then don't worry about the t-rex, in fact don't summon it, just go for the marks and the dilithium and queue for the spire.

Or you can... oh I don't know... just change instances.
    edited November 2013
    First, as I said you want cyber implants, even if you do the ground, it's more efficent and less time consuming to get them from elite Storming the Spire. Everyone is running around the ground to get marks and dilithium.

Secondly, doesn't matter if they team or not, at the end there's only three t-rexes, and you can kill it with three people, one on the medics that come out, the other two on the t-rex. If there's only three in the entire instance, you may want to team up with them first.

Third, you don't need a team, or you shouldn't. Anything over two people on a point is overkill, and it's more efficent if everyone is capturing other points while you capture yours. If you find yourself doing the zone solo, then don't worry about the t-rex, in fact don't summon it, just go for the marks and the dilithium and queue for the spire.

Good advice there.

On tribble with few players it was a blast. often doing zones solo and 1 or 2 other players would tag along as I move to another capture point or I would follow them. Was fun getting ad hoc teams for anything from 1 capture to whole zones. First time I did it I just picked some random player who happened to be all alone and followed them from one capture point to the next. learning and helping. The next day I had a tag along and we captured points together.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It should auto remove people who are AFK. Having a 15 man group in aa zone and only 4 people moving and doing is kind of ridiculous.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013

No zone/instance hopping is not a good long-term strategy for this content. While I was there people were doing that when there were only a few people doing fighting in the zone and the Voth started re-taking positions. As soon as that happened people left - or as soon as they got enough marks people left and the zone was dead.

Add to that the massive amount of running around - who needs this grief - I thought it was supposed to be fun - but it's not.

This is not going to end well unless changes are made - people will get sick of it fast.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I found that to beat the final objective....you dont have to take down the V-Rex....at first.

all you have to do is defeat the 2 voth that area the tower and the omega collection halts for that zone, then you can take out the Rex.

that being said, it is alot more fun to do it in a team, especially with fleet mates...though my first time running it i did everythign solo with my 2 boffs....and liek the other posters said...its great for dilth and marks lol

so far today ive gained 12k-14k dilth refined (all 8k from before the reset and 4k-6k after...and so many marks i dont know what to do with them lol (already at over 400 lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited November 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    I found that to beat the final objective....you dont have to take down the V-Rex....at first.

all you have to do is defeat the 2 voth that area the tower and the omega collection halts for that zone, then you can take out the Rex.

that being said, it is alot more fun to do it in a team, especially with fleet mates...though my first time running it i did everythign solo with my 2 boffs....and liek the other posters said...its great for dilth and marks lol

so far today ive gained 12k-14k dilth refined (all 8k from before the reset and 4k-6k after...and so many marks i dont know what to do with them lol (already at over 400 lol)

just under 1k marks here and did 2 of the small reps. I am glad you meantioned the 2 Voth I never would have guessed to take them out first as the V-Rex screams "Must kill".

As for people standing around in the zone they dont get anything without participating, atleast thats what I got when I went AFK at the transporter pad to grab a bite to eat while my Boff's defended me and the transporter.
  • eatsmarteatsmart Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you dont like your zone, change zone. (click on the name above the minimap and chose "change instance")

3 players can complete the zone and secure all 3 silos if you split up. Its not a fast way to do it, but its possible. Save your reinforcement credits for the nodes that are hard to retake quickly if you dont spot them being attacked. (So the capture points, and one or two other nodes on the map that are placed a bit too close to patrolling swarmers for comfort)
    edited November 2013
    eatsmart wrote: »
    If you dont like your zone, change zone. (click on the name above the minimap and chose "change instance")

3 players can complete the zone and secure all 3 silos if you split up. Its not a fast way to do it, but its possible. Save your reinforcement credits for the nodes that are hard to retake quickly if you dont spot them being attacked. (So the capture points, and one or two other nodes on the map that are placed a bit too close to patrolling swarmers for comfort)

As I said zone hopping is already adding to the problem as people leave zones and they become empty of active players!! This is what happened to me and caused me to try to solo the park.

Cryptic has a bad set up here and it is only made worse if your character is not really all spec'd out for ground. My toons have zero ground traits and minimal ground skill points as they will always be space primary - traits should be split up - you should not be fired to mix and match ground and space traits. You can already max all as either ground or space so what is wrong with having two separate trait sections??

Really this instance hopping is going to make this bad situation into something that will drive player running from this content forever.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As I said zone hopping is already adding to the problem as people leave zones and they become empty of active players!! This is what happened to me and caused me to try to solo the park.

Cryptic has a bad set up here and it is only made worse if your character is not really all spec'd out for ground. My toons have zero ground traits and minimal ground skill points as they will always be space primary - traits should be split up - you should not be fired to mix and match ground and space traits. You can already max all as either ground or space so what is wrong with having two separate trait sections??

Really this instance hopping is going to make this bad situation into something that will drive player running from this content forever.

Isn't the ground trait your problem though? Don't blame cryptic for you making bad choices
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited November 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Isn't the ground trait your problem though? Don't blame cryptic for you making bad choices

You missed the point and so has cryptic: 95% of the time I do only space content and that is what it is always going to be so I pick all space traits. I suspect this is true for most of the games players. Why then don't they let you have separate sections for space and ground. Since you can already max out either there is no reason that they can't give equal amount of slots for both - each section would be able to pick 10 traits. As I said this would not make players op as you can already slot all 10 to either space or ground - this would just make it so you don't have to specialize your toon in either right now or add some ground traits if you are doing space 95% of the time.

It still does not address the zone hopping issue and the lack of viable players in each zone which is capped at 15 but often has most of them distributed wildly across the 3 areas or not doing anything at all.

And the cyber implants so far have only come from two places for me: defeating the boss dino or storming the spire elite - that is not enough sources.
  • twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I can hear from this is "WHAAAAAAAAAA"

Team up if it's too hard, change instance if your in a quite one, add people who AFK to your ignore list, realise this has only just come out and people may be taking screenshots and/or playing when they really have other things to do and at times they wouldn't normally try to play but wanted to try the new stuff, people looking for help on how to do something new at the wrong times.

Some people are just never happy.

You moan about having no ground traits and hardly any ground points in your stats... Problem solved - stick to space :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Had no problems myself, but look its an mmo and you cant account for what people are going to do every time you log on. you are going to have good experiences and you are going to have bad experiences.

how are cryptic meant to control where people spend their time?

and yes not specking into ground is your own responsibility. no one else's. maybe you have never felt the need to speck into ground. well now, apparently you do. its your choice if you want to go all in on one and be awesome in that. dont expect any sympathy if you then find it tough going in the other.