test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Sub Sale Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lifetime subscriptions are on sale for only a short while longer, until December 5, 2013 at 10AM PST. And don't forget about the new Veteran Reward! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE - 5:55PM 11/12

Note: The website has been updated to reflect the sale price, and the billing portal where you actually purchase the Subscription still has the sale price active :) This was only a display issue with the LTS/ Gold pages as the purchase flow displayed the sale price.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captainnickycaptainnicky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    even tho im no longer paying to play but ive reached the 1000 day mark do i still get the item
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    even tho im no longer paying to play but ive reached the 1000 day mark do i still get the item

It's a 500-day Vet Reward, so yes :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now THAT was a good decision. IF you had made those suits account wide from the beginning I would have bought them in a heart beat.

It will be nice to be able to use them now.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One of the only time's I'll admit that Klingons and Romulans get something better than the Federation.

Ours still looks just like futuristic spacesuits, and theirs are armored up and combat-ready.
  • Options
    timorbelartimorbelar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about those who have bought the EVA suit with Zen and are gold members but not reached the 500 Day reward does that disqualify us or not?
  • Options
    skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holy close batman, I almost bought one of these last week.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    timorbelar wrote: »
    What about those who have bought the EVA suit with Zen and are gold members but not reached the 500 Day reward does that disqualify us or not?

No. They don't exclude each other.
    You can claim as many suits as you want for any character and any Nord from the console from now on.
    Is the old character bound suit still in the Store?would be a shame if players bought it accidentally for 700 Zen a piece because they don't know about the console.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    So, what about those of us that JUST purchased a Lifetime Subscription? I got mine on 11/10/13 and less than 48 hours later you tell me it's on sale? That is just WRONG! :mad:
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry, I bring this up every time there is a lifetime sale.

Will you guys ever offer a race change token?
    I have several max level characters with rare gear (lock box ships and such). I would like to buy life time membership to play liberated Borg, but I'm not interested in dumping my old characters and starting new.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sweet. Finally a replacement for the 250 emblems you removed from the 500 day Vet reward two years ago. Thanks Cryptic! Now I feel like I can finally shut up about it. :D

Seriously, thank you. :)
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, what about those of us that JUST purchased a Lifetime Subscription? I got mine on 11/10/13 and less than 48 hours later you tell me it's on sale? That is just WRONG! :mad:

When I read this, all I could hear in my head was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Sorry. It sucks, you missed the sale. But that's life. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
    It's no secret they do these sales a couple times a year, you could have waited.

No business refunds if you buy abything for regular price.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, how much is the discount? I assume $199 is the price atm?
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    No business refunds if you buy abything for regular price.

More than wrong... most retailers have some sort of return policies. They will tend to accommodate customers if an item goes on sale if returned within the time set and so on... But alas, in this case, no... no refund.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Romulan EV Suit looks too flimsy IMO. The head and chest gear are fine, but the rest looks like a standard uniform. The gloves and sleeves are the main culprit where with the other EV Suits they look like they are attached together as an EV Suit is supposed to look like, but there is no attachment with the Romulan EV Suit. The fabric used in the Romulan EV Suit looks too flimsy to withstand the dangers of space. Especially, if we are to fight in these EV Suits. The Romulan EV Suit has a better looking head and chest gear compared to the Starfleet EV Suit, but the best has to be the KDF EV Suit.
  • Options
    zolarkzolark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Actually that is not wrong, that is business. As it was said before, if you have played for any time and follow the news you know they do this at lease once a year and no one forced you to buy it when you did.
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, how much is the discount? I assume $199 is the price atm?
    That's what it said on the account page.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Most good companies will honor the sale price in situations just like this. I have had many sale prices honored by many retail stores over the years. You just have to ask nicely, but considering how PWE is constantly trying to get into your wallet in this game I highly doubt you will have any success with them. You see the difference is that those companies WANT your business whereas PWE runs on a different model they do not CARE if they have your business, they will just monetize something else in game.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cheers for this news!
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah stupid space suit. (throws it in the replicator with the others ).
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Problem Solved.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, consider me a new lifer.

*glare of doom* Don't make me regret this, Cryptic.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Buyer Beware. After my purchase of a LTS many months ago, my chat became broken and I can not receive priv chat. My LTS status does not guarantee expedient account servicing, as my chat has been broken for months, and becomes more likely with each passing day that I will have to abandon my malfunctioning account and start another one in order to fix my chat problems. (And yes I did try 'whitelist' and every other option avaliable to me before I reached this point.) Did I mention that I can not send in-game mail either? You hear of accounts that are too broken to fix and need to be abandoned, you never think it will happen to you, especially after purchase of a LTS. But here I am, seriously considering abandoning not only my account - but the game as a whole.

My point is, only do this if your money is truly 'Disposable'.

I call BS.............
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Oba... Cryptic. :)
  • Options
    richard45750richard45750 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I would be peed off too and Cryptic should help him if he just bought his lifetime subscription. So to sit there and say no they shouldn't is wrong of you. I would do a charge back and just quit playing all together. Especially if I just bought it a day or two before. That's kind of greedy to not help him. I don't really need to play this game. I'm not addicted. I am sure I can find some other form of entertainment. I may buy a subscription though since it is on sale. Which is also another thing. Not every new player knows to read the forums. They don't know when stuff goes on sale. So you can't fault him for that either.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Keep sweetening the deal PWE and you'll eventually get me. Well, as long as you don't shove ARC upon us before hand. More stuff to make the lifetime sub attractive always helps. How about 1,100, 1,200, 1,300, 1,400, and 1,500 Veteran Day rewards as well along with some free Master Keys to go along with the monthly stipend?

Suggestions for additions: TOS Defiant badges for the TOS uniforms, remastered TWoK uniform with all of the ranks, proper Romulan ranks for the TNG Romulan uniforms, Voyager Romulan uniforms with the appropriate ranks, Fuure Imperfect Admiral's uniform with badge with all ranks, more TNG Admiral uniforms, Admiral Janeway's uniform, and Admiral Riker's AGT uniform.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,061 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ... we have also added a new Veteran Reward!

...and those of us that already bought it - do we get a refund?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Companies have sales all the time, there is nothing wrong with it at all.
  • Options
    streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, where do we pick up our 300-day rewards? The 300-day mark was so long ago for me, I can't even remember where we picked up our fireworks...
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
This discussion has been closed.