Install Arc
Options

Cannot load Tribble server

124»

Comments

• Options
    drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It still crashes at the same part for me I'm hopignt he problem stays with tribble after today
  • Options
    wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    One can only hope it stays with the tribble server but since they have not even acknowledged the issue all I can say is good luck to all (think its only a Xp problem not 100% sure)

I just tried to launch holodeck after I patched it and it crashed to the desktop just like tribble so chances are if your PC cant run tribble it wont run holodeck :mad:
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just a quick suggestion: try double-checking your firewall software to make sure it's not blocking STO from accessing the Internet.

Because Holodeck and Tribble use different .exe files, it's possible that's what's causing Tribble to crash at the load screen.

I only suggest this because it happened to me - not sure if that'll help you guys.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was lucky enough to launch the Holodeck without issues, as well as Tribble ever since one of the latest updates.

Still, I wonder why it's not the case for the rest of you. Aside from disc defragmentation I didn't do anything with my hardware or software that would affect the game in any way. Firewall, Antivir, disc space - none of these were the issues for me. So either I got lucky, or Cryptic only partially addressed the crashing issue.

Still, might as well start an official thread in the Holodeck bug report section of the forums, seeing that Cryptic just pushed the latest Tribble build live pressumably with all the other issues ("Material files reloaded" notification is certainly among them). If this is a bigger issue I'm sure there will be many more people reporting crashes. I'd just advise you to post your system specs or any other additional information while at it, aside from just "the game is crashing".
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The SAME f*cking crash on Holodeck today after Season 8 patching with the SAME Error Ticket ID: 18897741. Cryptic really should look through feedback in the testing subforums and also not ignore our error reports. What good is testing if many People even can't get to test for Bugs because it crashes instantainously after launch >.<

Everyone with the Bug gather in this thread.

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like nobody's posted much by the way of technical info on their setups that might help with diagnosis...

What brand of computer? Processor? Speed & size of memory? OS version? Home or Pro? 32-bit or 64-bit? What version of DirectX is installed (Start --> Run --> Dxdiag)? Is it up-to-date? Have you updated to the most recent version of your video drivers? Has anybody bothered to find the relevant parts of their .log files that might be of use, or tried diagnostic troubleshooting steps (uninstall/reinstall STO, etc.)?

I'm thinking that the most useful .log files would probably be debug.log, errors.log (both in the main STO folder, at least on my install) and crash.log & shutdown.log (both buried a bit deeper in the folder hierarchy STO --> Star Trek Online --> Live --> Logs --> Gameclient).

My thought here is that what folks MIGHT try doing is A) looking through all the logs right after a crash, to see if there are common error messages, etc. B) Deleting all 4 log files, then opening the client and letting it crash to re-generate the log files and immediately examine the fresh log files immediately after the crash, before re-opening the client. Maybe set those aside, saved somewhere.

Perhaps by figuring out exactly what errors / warnings / etc. everyone is getting they can pin down what's going sideways and fix it?

Just thinking out loud... Hopefully folks can post up some of the basics. Like opening Dxdiag and at least getting the make & model, processor, memory, DXdiag version. And/or right-clicking "My Computer" hitting "Properties" and getting the OS version, 32/64-bit, Home/Pro, etc.

Anyway, don't mean to sound snarky, but the devil is sometimes in the details. And details are what we techie & trekkies thrive on.
    The Devs are the boss-men. They need the info. Ri-iight?? Don't liquidate them just because you perceive them to be insolent. ;)

~MG
  • Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'd just advise you to post your system specs or any other additional information while at it, aside from just "the game is crashing".

100% ^^ That. ^^

Hopefully maybe it'll be helpful. Likewise if there are specific lines of relevance in the debug, error. crash & shutdown log files. Again, if you delete or move the existing log files before loading the client, and let it re-create them when it crashes, that might help narrow it even further, by just having info relating to the couple minutes durign which the game loaded & then crashed.