test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming "Proton" space set "beam-cannon" - funny Cryptic.

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
If you have not seen the upcoming space set for Dyson Sphere Joint Command, the "energy weapon" is a single-cannon that can benefit from beam and cannon boff powers when you have 2 and 3 piece bonuses from the weapon set.

How many sets will pass before we have an energy-torpedo that can use energy and torpedo weapon powers?

And how many before energy and torpedo boff powers are combined?
Post edited by projectfrontier on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh...a Torpedo Turret...with Torpedo Fire-at-Will. :D
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    7? That's my guess, 7. :p
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Make that Rapid Fire Multi-Target Torpedo Overload-at-Will :D
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, whilst not QUITE what is being described, we do essential have two steps in this direction already:

The bio-neural warhead, which is (for all intents and purposes) a torpedo with the ability to use an energy weapon

The VATA console torpedoes, which (depending on which you use) have the ability to fire smaller torpedoes.

I can't imagine that they won't expand on this.

Sidenote: The bio-neural warhead is ridiculously overpowered when used on shuttles in shuttle/fighter only missions. It can kill enemy fighters before reaching them, and then will switch to new targets constantly, firing off it's point defense at anything nearby =P
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like one of these?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vinckeivinckei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

LOL, a skill that must have in Season 8!
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wasn't that the episode where Jadzia went down like a fish? I mean, really, great character who figured prominently in the storyline. Someone like that should die heroically surrounded by a mound of enemies, not surprised and gutted by some peon klink redshirt. What a waste.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • hellsfire6hellsfire6 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Erm....is that not the Armitage Point Defence Photon Torpedo Console?

Pew pew 360 degrees/ 6 photons per target/ max 6? enemies

Is it affected by torpedo boosting consoles/projectile skills/attack patterns...etc.

Don't think Spread and High Yield affect it...
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wasn't that the episode where Jadzia went down like a fish? I mean, really, great character who figured prominently in the storyline. Someone like that should die heroically surrounded by a mound of enemies, not surprised and gutted by some peon klink redshirt. What a waste.
    Nope, she was killed by Dukat, in a similarly senseless death brought on by a contract dispute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, whilst not QUITE what is being described, we do essential have two steps in this direction already:

The bio-neural warhead, which is (for all intents and purposes) a torpedo with the ability to use an energy weapon

The VATA console torpedoes, which (depending on which you use) have the ability to fire smaller torpedoes.

I can't imagine that they won't expand on this.

Yeah, what is up with the VATA console? You'd think it would be a platform that would go around the Avenger and fire, not be some random nonsense armed with torpedoes.

And we're at 7 sets, which means next year sometime.