test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland

r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
anybody more excited about Q's Winter Wonderland then Season 8 i am and does anyone know when it will be back
Post edited by r24681012 on

Comments

• tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am as well, but I assume it will be coming back out closer to December or early-December. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    r24681012 wrote: »
    anybody more excited about Q's Winter Wonderland then Season 8 i am and does anyone know when it will be back

I am its what always reminds me each year I'm on holiday and I have this really cool feeling, like being sunburn, except I'm not!!!
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I believe the current lobi event ends on the 5th of December, it would be a good guess that the winter event would start not long after that.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i've been asking for a space warzone since they did their first one with defera. and the capture system might actually bring me to ground more then once a week, so that's one area i'm sorta looking forward too.

unless they add something new, i really dont care about Q's winter wonderland, except that now i'll be able to pointlessly skate around on ice for a while again. though i do hope they retrofit the map for us to use the jetpacks too. now THAT would make me excited for Q's wonderland.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And I still have loads leftovers from last year I want to spend!!!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm really excited about the Christmas event. It really feels magical.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup, the winter event is my favorite too. looking forward to that way more than S8!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Excited about my Romy finally getting Frosted Boots. It's my only toon that can't speed across the Academy. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    With Q jingle belling
    And everyone Yelling "You're cheating at races"
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    :cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here. It feels like a break from the 'work' of STO- the mindless grinding, the button mashing, the grinding, the lock boxes, the grinding. That's why I'm sad when the even finishes, cuz I gotta go back to the grinding. :(
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    r24681012 wrote: »

:::raises his hand:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Winterland was the bestest thing I ever loved about STO.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Winterland was the bestest thing I ever loved about STO.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have to admit that whenever I have to open my bank up and see the snowball guns in there ... I dream of cold days in game where we come together to fight back the evil snowman hoard and tag snow bunnies. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I too can't wait for Q's Winter Wonderland. I enjoyed it the first year, but last year's improvements really put it over the top. I had a great, great time on Risa (and look forward to it next year), but it just couldn't touch the Winter Event.

I suppose it's my own Real World attachment to the Christmas Holiday Season. There's something about the warmth and magic created by friends and family sharing their time, love, generosity, and joy during the darkest, coldest time of the year.

And, well, for me the STO team somehow managed to capture the nostalgia of those feelings in the game. Combine that with good ol' fun times ice skating (in the solo/PvP races, or fancifully on the frozen lake), breeding profitable snow wabbits, fighting menacing snow men with hilarious snowball weapons, earning themed costumes and other treats, or even just walking around the beautiful map...

It's a much needed touch of whimsy to break up the normal grind of the game.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I truly appreciate Q's Winter Wonderland as it is one of the few times I would actively pay attention to Zone chat.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am more excited about the winter event than season 8.... hell yes!! I can't wait. Oh if I'm right we should get " Q's coming soon " announcement on the 29th of this month, then a what's what with the event on the 3rd an 4th of December, then we rejoice on the 5th as the wonderland returns.
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I truly appreciate Q's Winter Wonderland as it is one of the few times I would actively pay attention to Zone chat.

ahh yes, nothing like the endless repetition of gorn jokes.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i am interested in knowing what ship the team intend to make us work for this winter event, i missed my chance with the breen chel gret last year but water under the bridge like the JHAS, i am hoping it is something equally iconic and rare.
    i am also expecting the winterland to get a better expansion because of the added romulan faction and more players.
    i expect to see the elimination of the instance jumping for the snowman boss like last year where it was exploited until a fix was put in place.
    i also like to see an additional ramp placed at turn one on the ice race track to keep players from skipping to the bottom or failing to realize it is still DQ anyways and not waste their effort trying.
    the players turning into certain animals used to provide traction like the spider on that event that provided autographs every 20 or so hours. i expect to see that sorted.

more fluff content, a more festive decorative q gazebo, more content then just wasting snowmen with the snowballs or pop guns. the ability for all players to come together hold hands and celebrate the end of the year and Q equally :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what? as many as there are at least a few are gorna make you chuckle. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013

and those dastardly tribble jokes... so glad i am never around on esd to read those either.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what? as many as there are at least a few are gorna make you chuckle. :D
    You're gorny :D:P. I would love to see those pinguins haha!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thnaks to Q winter event, I finnish romulan reputation with almost no efort on 4 toons.
    Can we get choise of marks for epohh's like in Risa event? :)
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    here it is your Q's winter wonderland spoiler!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgsYGVXnYD4
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As much as I enjoy the winter event, I'm thinking Season 8 is going to be much higher on my list.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I kind of like the tranquility of it all. And the snow.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013

[Kermit the Frog singing voice]
    It's not easy, being Breen...
    [/Kermit the Frog singing voice]
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,488 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Can't wait for my Romulan to get there! Might have to make a Christmas outfit for her, and get frosted boots for ice skating...
    She's already got a cropped winter jacket too!
    Can't wait to see what they got for us this year. With everything learned from the summer event... this years Wonderland has got a lot to do to match up.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I kind of like the tranquility of it all. And the snow.

And the murderous bloodthirsty snowmen. :D
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i'm wondering if they've retrofitted the day/night cycle onto the winter wonderland like they had for the Risa event map...that would be neat ^^

and i've said it once i'll say it again, we need snowball fight PvP :D

anyone think we'll get more costume pieces than the coats and scarves this time?

also i vote for a nanopulse mek'leth this year (crosses fingers)

tl'dr yeah i'm excited for the winter event, more so than the release of season 8, season 8 will be here after the winter event...i got plenty of time :)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png