test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold & Silver Member Tribble Access Update (10/25/13)

2»

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Incase you hadn't notice but what you just mention happen it was only for gold & LTS and now it is open up for every one.

And I do not remember anywhere was it said that tribble was going to be a gold/LTS thing only, as I recall things were mention but were subjected to change, well it happen this way so get over it already and move on.

No kidding. I've been playing over a year now and Tribble server has always been open to everybody, including silver members like myself.

It wasn't until this September 20, 2013 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=858911
    Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

The restriction to only allow gold/LTS members access to Tribble was only temporary. Now it is open for everybody again.
  • Options
    stygiangirlstygiangirl Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I keep getting "Material files reloaded" message. then the client freezes, I have never had an issue logging into tribble for testing until this season. Is there a fix for it or whats going on
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Tribble was promised to LTS and gold players during the F2P swap. It never happened, until recently.

I dont remember them ever saying that quite frankly, and even if it was suggested it never happened so its not relevant what they planned to do, only what we got but whatever it was golds have had access to tribble exclusively for the last month. we are less than 2 weeks away from season 8 and we need everyone's to be testing the content so we need silvers to help in the final bug crunch and to let everyone have a shot at the test weekend.

when season 9 rolls around, golds will more than likely, according to geko, get first access again.

so what's the problem? golds get something, and everyone gets to bug hunt.
  • Options
    chadhughes145chadhughes145 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Greetings fellow gold/silver captains!

I am a LTS player. With that being said, I welcome silver players to and WANT silver players to log onto tribble prior to season launches or major game updates.

As stated I have paid for a Life Time Account to Star Trek Online. However, there are non sub players who have put far more money into STO than I have. Who am I really, as just a player in the game, to dictate who would have access to test content before it is released live?

The last time I checked, we all agreed to Cryuptics/PWE's ToS when we signed up and downloaded STO to play.

As far as the Tribble server, there are moments that it is open to Gold players, and moments it's open to ALL players. Also, when LoR launched, silver players had to wait before allowed access to the new content, even though they still had access to Tribble.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Greetings fellow gold/silver captains!

I am a LTS player. With that being said, I welcome silver players to and WANT silver players to log onto tribble prior to season launches or major game updates.

As stated I have paid for a Life Time Account to Star Trek Online. However, there are non sub players who have put far more money into STO than I have. Who am I really, as just a player in the game, to dictate who would have access to test content before it is released live?

The last time I checked, we all agreed to Cryuptics/PWE's ToS when we signed up and downloaded STO to play.

As far as the Tribble server, there are moments that it is open to Gold players, and moments it's open to ALL players. Also, when LoR launched, silver players had to wait before allowed access to the new content, even though they still had access to Tribble.

I completely agree with everything you said, Chad. You summed it up perfectly. :)
  • Options
    abryant1016abryant1016 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shouldn't this have been a Tribble test Weekend??

Am I not getting a collectible Tribble for Season 8?
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Something some Silver players don't realize is that, in the beginning at least, there were enough LT Subscriptions to give STO a shot of adrenaline financially. That money has gone to making many improvements to the game that we can now enjoy.

If it were not for the original LTSers, monthly subscribers and new LTSers, this game would not have the incoming cash flow to develop anything.

Having said that, though, I personally think Tribble is redundant (at least in some respects). As someone on page 2 posted, there have been numerous times when bugs have been reported by the people on Tribble, only to have those bugs pushed out onto Holodeck anyway, knowing full-well that there were serious issues that could (and have in some cases) affected gameplay for the general member base. Pushing bugged content out as has been done in the past takes a bad situation on Tribble and only magnifies it when said content is uploaded onto Holodeck and its much larger user base.

Why? All because of some deadline.

Personally, I'd rather have an update delayed if that delay was for a constructive reason. Lately, I see more and more bugs being passed from Tribble to Holodeck, which cause problems, and those problems could have easily been rectified while still on Tribble.

Keeping problems on the Tribble server, isolating and fixing them while still there, IMO, is more efficient than trying damage control on the Holodeck server with most of the players base up in arms concerning the latest installment of bugged content. At least on Tribble, the devs don't have the sense of urgency as with getting things done on Holodeck when something goes wrong. All they have to deal with on Tribble is the corporate execs breathing down their necks about getting the next Season being pushed onto Holodeck.

I would love to see a corporate exec do a dev's job.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    im with ixionveridian on the bugs that get reported n dev ignore them its why ive stopped testing on tribble. i only have a look at the tribble bit of the forum to see what new bug might hit holodeck next.

ex-season 5-6-7 tester
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    deathcharger1deathcharger1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sweeeeeet...

Every Time I Try To Update Tribble From Perfectworld The Damn Thiong Redirects Me To Arc! Arc Sucks TRIBBLE And Is Total ****! How The Hell Am I Supposed To Update Tribble! Arc Does Not Have Any Way To Do That Because Its A Piece Of ****!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Every Time I Try To Update Tribble From Perfectworld The Damn Thiong Redirects Me To Arc! Arc Sucks TRIBBLE And Is Total ****! How The Hell Am I Supposed To Update Tribble! Arc Does Not Have Any Way To Do That Because Its A Piece Of ****!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=941331
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    joeyg6joeyg6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello Captains,

An update for you all! Tribble is now once again open to Silver Members. Both Gold and Silver Members who have signed up for Tribble via this page should now see the Tribble server option in the launcher.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team

so i only just found this and now the page no longer exists i want to be able to register for access to tribble but cant coz you moved the whole website and the page aint there no more
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    joeyg6 wrote: »
    so i only just found this and now the page no longer exists i want to be able to register for access to tribble but cant coz you moved the whole website and the page aint there no more
    Try this link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I am trying to help a player get on tribble, before the website went to the ARC website there use to be a page that you had to click a button to accept to use tribble then it sent you to the transfer character page. My question is, is that still the case or do you just need to transfer a character to tribble to get access?

I am going back and forth with this player in the game with mail trying to help so any quick assistance will be appreciated ASAP.

Edit: found this http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=757431 and have directed this player to this to see if this helps but still would like an answer if there is another to be found.
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello Captains,

An update for you all! Tribble is now once again open to Silver Members. Both Gold and Silver Members who have signed up for Tribble via this page should now see the Tribble server option in the launcher.

Thanks,

Need to provide a new link since the old site redirects now!

Here to transfer character
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For all you complaining about Silver getting access too, some silver members test the server better than a lot of gold members. Tribble test server isn't a private gold member server, so deal with it
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This thread should be unstickied or have it's OP edited, as it is currently incorrect and at the top of the Tribble announcements forum.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    drivernumber23drivernumber23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ok i have tried to go back to the page where the tribble signup is but i cant due to the arc sending you over to the star trek page on there website wonder if there is a way to get on the page with out arc forcing you to go to there page
  • Options
    albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    here this arc version of that page: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto#~ (i think)
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well it isnt working for me, telling me i dont have login permission
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    and, to top it off, when i click the link provided by branflakes it redirects me back to the STO homepage on arc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You do realize that this thread is from last October (2013)... Right?

Tribble is now closed to Silver Players till sometime in early October THIS YEAR - 2014.
    (different thread)

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    delta499delta499 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey can you guys please open up the Character Copy Page again? I would really like to help out in testing Delta Rising!
  • Options
    galmrgalmr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As of 21 Aug 2014 the test server was closed to Silver members. Only gold (and lifetime) players have access.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1200601
  • Options
    andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'm logged in obviously and your link takes me right back to the Arc STO website, does not let me add a character to the Tribble test server.
    I am a Gold (lifetime) member and have been since Beta.

any assistance you could give would be appreciated
    Hello Captains,

Thanks,

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    andyxvers2 wrote: »
    i'm logged in obviously and your link takes me right back to the Arc STO website, does not let me add a character to the Tribble test server.
    I am a Gold (lifetime) member and have been since Beta.

any assistance you could give would be appreciated

Go here, select the toon (character) you want to copy, the select which server (Tribble) then click "copy".

You should get a message saying that your request has been sent, and that you character will be available within 2 hours if not immediately.

Next time you open the "Launcher" you should have another button beside 'Holodeck" the says 'Tribble" and next to it should be one that says 'Redshirt".

Pick the version you want and go ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png