test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with lack of Expertise!

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
I finally completed working on Reputation a few days ago.
While I was working on it, I kept an eye on my expertise, hoping I wouldn't run out before hitting Tier5 on all 3.

After reaching T5, I went through the unlocks and started searching for the items I wished to acquire.
Two items and no more expertise! :(:confused:
I managed to get another one by doing some random enemy encounters and a little doffing, but the rate of return by acquisition is too slow.

And then I started to wonder, why I don't have any expertise?
Did I do something wrong?

My main characters have over around 4million expertise each.
No idea where they got it, but I have a feeling that maxing every single field of Doffing and taking two or 3 of those fields to the cap (that's greater then maxing) had something to do with it.
But I won't be doing that again, it's not very interesting after you've done it for over a year solid.

And now I'm understandly concerned about the upcoming Voth Reputation.
Without expertise, I won't be able to do the Reputation!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get massive amounts of expertise?
Preferably something simple that doesn't involve hours of gameplay.

And I'd prefer to avoid mission replay, since I've really gotten tired of doing the same old story missions over and over again.
I've done that so much already for various reasons, I don't do missions now unless I get a limited time reward or something else special to justify the effort.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -- Talk to Q during the current event and get the 4 hour XP boost.
    -- Play the daily Mirror Invasion PVE.
    -- Run Foundry missions (I think; I don't remember if they give XP or not).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Borg red alerts, foundry ec grind missions (limited amount though), mirror event, load up doff projects, PVP repeatables, No win scenario. I can go on but these are some of the best. Don't forget to use the Q XP boost as well. It boosts the expertise.
    (If he's still up that is)
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Don't forget to use the Q XP boost as well. It boosts the expertise.
    (If he's still up that is)

I think he's around through the end of the week but I'm not sure.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Keep on doing missions. All skill points at level 50 gets converted to Expertise and you can get about 10,000 expertise for doing one mission. The Dyson Reputation is not a concern as far as expertise goes since you get 2500 reputation by doing just the 1 Commendation project. No expertise is necessary unless you plan to do the 150 reputation per hour project.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Your mains were probably around before expertise came into play, as such all your excess skill points were converted to expertise as any skill points above cap are automatically converted to extra expertise
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A team of fleetmates and I grabbed Q boosts and ran Mirror Incursion together at level 50. Over and over and over for an hour. We were going so fast I could only use Tactical Fleet every other run. A couple of Scimitars, a couple of cruisers, you can kill the Stadi in ten seconds flat.

I got close to half a million expertise in an hour doing that, and you can too. Just need a few friends who also need exp.
  • compositearmourcompositearmour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Double XP and mirror events.

I went from 25k to 1.2m expertise in 3 mirror events.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mirror events 12k-15k for 5 minutes and thanks to Q that is doubled.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    -- Talk to Q during the current event and get the 4 hour XP boost.
    -- Play the daily Mirror Invasion PVE.

Pretty much this. If you can run it with a 700-day Veteran, that's an extra 5% boost.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Spam the living daylights out of Mirror Invasion. A full hour can net you a TON of Expertise. Combine that with any boosts you can.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013
    Defera Invasion missions give decent expertise, as well. Nothing like what the Q-boosted Mirror Invasion gives, but it's not bad. And you get Omega marks for it.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't forget, Doff missions also give your EXP points.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Keep on doing missions. All skill points at level 50 gets converted to Expertise and you can get about 10,000 expertise for doing one mission. The

Sounds good in theory.
    In practice, this would be a massive mistake!

I know in the future, the level cap is going up and at that time, I'm really going to appreciate having some untouched missions to do that will help speed that along.

But if I do them here and now for a momentary advantage, that option will no longer exist.
    When you replay them, the rewards are much diminished.
    cidjack wrote: »
    Don't forget, Doff missions also give your EXP points.

They do, but not enough to count.
    Also, this character has very limited DOFFs, I got what I needed to do Diplomacy and that was it.
    I know from experience building a proper DOFF crew is an intensive exercise and as I mentioned before, I have no interest in doing that again.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Sounds good in theory.
    In practice, this would be a massive mistake!

I know in the future, the level cap is going up and at that time, I'm really going to appreciate having some untouched missions to do that will help speed that along.

But if I do them here and now for a momentary advantage, that option will no longer exist.
    When you replay them, the rewards are much diminished.

They do, but not enough to count.
    Also, this character has very limited DOFFs, I got what I needed to do Diplomacy and that was it.
    I know from experience building a proper DOFF crew is an intensive exercise and as I mentioned before, I have no interest in doing that again.

Well then you have a choice. Do what they told you to do, and get your expertise, or don't, and keep trying hard to get some. They are giving you the, really, ONLY way to get expertise at end game.

As to the future level cap, as with the last time they raised the level cap, they installed missions to get you to the level cap, or darn close to it. If you chose to not do the missions in the off chance that within the life of the game they may (MAY) raise the level cap and for whatever reason not give us corresponding content, that is also your concern.

But.. then don't complain about a lack of expertise. It's out there... you're just choosing to not go and get it for your own reasons.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did the full Romulan Rep and didn't run out of expertise. However I didn't go and unlock all the store stuff. Since I wasn't going to use them.

I did a ton of Deferi runs and got mine built up. Since I was farming it for Dil to use on the Dil store for items. Since the sellers wanted way more EC than I wanted to pay for. So Dil was the cheaper option.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    It's been in the talk for like 2years now. And they will likely give some way to earn the necessary XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Q loves you, OP.

Simply accept Q into your heart and with a snap of the finger he'll solve all your problems.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Q loves you, OP.

Simply accept Q into your heart and with a snap of the finger he'll solve all your problems.

or turn u into a fish lol

• tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately, my computer is in the shop for repairs and when I get it back, Q won't be there anymore!
    That's cruel mockery worthy of Q! :P :rolleyes:
    farmallm wrote: »
    I did the full Romulan Rep and didn't run out of expertise. However I didn't go and unlock all the store stuff.

farmallm, were you doing all 3 reputations simultaneously?
    It cost me 31500 Expertise per day (for all of them).
    The items I am obtaining have a cost of 62000 each.

I should point out thanks to an severe incident on the Champions Online forum, I am very exacting with gameplay advice now.
    You can offer your opinions, but if I say I don't want to do it, that's the end of it.

About Defera, I've always been dubious about that zone.
    I've had negative experiences and therefore, decided to avoid it.
    Nukara I don't know much about, but I get very frustrated when I go there.

It's my rule of gaming, if you're not having fun doing it, stop, otherwise you'll just get miserable.