test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Sphere of Influence" Now Live!

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I had like one alt that didn't have a ship so I'm probally going to get the whole set for that one. Possibly more if I find a reason with the others but hoping its like the others with the slight change where I can get the whole thing later on if I want too :D
    Well, the mission wouldn't have any rewards without it. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Clearly the cryptic team did not do their research if this was a proper star trek mission Worf would offer sound advice then we'd tell him to be quiet and do the exact opposite of what he suggests.:P
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anybody knows, that special console - will it be available separately somehow ?
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Clearly the cryptic team did not do their research if this was a proper star trek mission Worf would offer sound advice then we'd tell him to be quiet and do the exact opposite of what he suggests.:P

HA! HA! BAZINGA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am curious how this mission plays for a new level 10+ character.

There were several references to what my character has done for New Romulus and other accomplishments.

I can imagine that would feel odd to a fresh Lt Commander who at best has kicked some Klingon butts so far and hasn't even visited New Romulus yet.

Only a Level 50 with full Romulan Reputation can have progressed so far as to actually find the Iconian Gateway under the planet's surface.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Deleted: I put the post in the wrong thread*
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say that I love how some of the Romulan Republic dialog plays.

Examples:
    Kererek:
    Welcome home, Admiral.

We've gathered here, along with representatives from our allies in the Federation and the Klingon Empire, to witness the dawn of a new age.

Shon:
    But I'd rather save your homeworld and deal with the diplomatic consequences than see what happens if the Republic loses New Romulus.

Commander Maiek:
    Maiek survived so much after the loss of the homeworld, only to die here in some experiment.

You respectfully remove his communicator and identification so you can return them to New Romulus.

If you find whoever did this to them, they won't be treated so kindly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This episode was great. The area extending bridge makes me want to go watch TRON. :P
  • intrudernlintrudernl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The episode was great indeed. Especially the hidden compartments are a great element for replay
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I am curious how this mission plays for a new level 10+ character.

There were several references to what my character has done for New Romulus and other accomplishments.

I can imagine that would feel odd to a fresh Lt Commander who at best has kicked some Klingon butts so far and hasn't even visited New Romulus yet.

Only a Level 50 with full Romulan Reputation can have progressed so far as to actually find the Iconian Gateway under the planet's surface.

Consider it a time travel episode. You jump forward into your future self after running into a temporal anomaly in the Tau Dewa block. But its one of those weird things where you kinda remember the future life too.

(Also, I think Worf has grown out of the role of "Sensible Guy No One Listens To" and handed the title down to Shon.)
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say that I love how some of the Romulan Republic dialog plays.

-snippy-

I totally agree! I played through it on my Romulan character first and I kind of waited to be addressed like a representative of the Klingon Empire. It was a very pleasant surprise to be recognized as a fellow Romulan!
  • admiralmintoadmiralminto Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    The first few lines of his sounded to me like he was getting back into being Worf. But once everything started blowing up and he started talking after we went through the gate...yeah, the old Worf was back. And when I walked into that room...with that table...and he said "I've been here before!" man...I had the biggest smile on my face. You guys don't even know. That was the single best moment in all of STO for me. So yeah, Dorn nailed it.

I concur... nailed it.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After beating my budding enthusiasm into a pulp , I finally sat down to play this thing .
    Overall , not bad ... -- it got me thinking that if ever "proper exploration" got introduced into this game , this is what I would like it to look like .

You go around exploring stuff . The unknown stuff . That's kinda cool .
    This was not a combat mission , and I guess I could see why some were disappointed with that .
    Still I had a bit of fun on ground hacking the drones with my silly sword , turning the blade all red .

Most of the maps were top notch ... , I liked the black-purple ambiance that they were going for (it was new to STO ... but old for the Decepticons ... :P) .
    I could not figure out if I was in a room or "outside" when I was activating the ramps ... -- it made no sense that I could still breathe air if I was outside in "subspace" . Whatever .

Enjoyed Dorn , but there were differences that made no sense as to the amount of echo that his VO had . It was inconsistent and at times badly placed (you don't need echo when he's standing next to you for example) . So , some bad sound mixing there . No biggy .

My only peeve really was the ending .
    Some D'Tan text/VO came up for me in the middle of the space battle and I was like "do I stop it , and if I stop it will I get to see it again later ?" . Annoying .
    Plus it's also annoying that now we're supposed to have a "Space Stargate", but it's not next to New Romulus (or is it ?) . Just left me confused and annoyed .
    (FYI I think it should be next to New Romulus so you don't have to fly across half a sector to get to the ****ing thing .)

Anyho , as my standard for FE's goes "The 2800" at the bottom and everything else can only be better .. -- this was better .
    I explored . I saw pretty places . I was creeped out by a bed . I loved the 'clicky sounding' aliens from TNG . Too bad they left so soon . Guess they had to make room for Dinosaurs with Lasers ... .
    I got a turret beam thingy of dubious worth (as I only have one toon running an Antiproton Beam setup) .
    Yep . This one gets an 7.5/10 .