Install Arc

The Andromeda Galaxy

124»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mwhitaker wrote: »
    When was it that this was told to us?
    Have you played the Romulan Republic storyline? This particular mission was one of my faves.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say, one little note on an out of the way console and *POOF* ten page forum thread.

I truly hope Cryptic build on this one a lot more.....
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    I truly hope Cryptic build on this one a lot more.....

Indeed, more tidbits here and there, and like two years from now, we are in Andromedia, fighting the Iconians themselves.
  • mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have you played the Romulan Republic storyline? This particular mission was one of my faves.

Actually I have played the whole Republic Romulan story arc, but I only remember one creepy incident with the Borg, where there was a cube being salvaged by the Tal'Shiar. The middle was missing but they did t say why. Also, in the Vault where your boff says "o look a Borg sphere" somebody told me that that's not a sphere it's actually the interior of that semi-derelict cube, which would make more sense since it appears more like a severed spherical section of a large ship rather than a sphere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm pretty sure when you go to scan it, it says scan Borg Sphere.

And from First Contact, we seen that Borg Spheres are the central core of Borg Cubes.
  • mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So where does it explain what happened to that cube, like Mark hints at above?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know, guys, space/time portals are not original to the Stargate series, or even the movie.
    ...Then again, maybe there are still mammoths in the gamma quadrant..
    Start here, then read the following two strips. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You know, guys, space/time portals are not original to the Stargate series, or even the movie.

I actually have that book.

Also, the title "Stargate" is not original to the movie: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Gate-Andre-Norton/dp/0152787100
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been guessing for awhile that the Doomsday Machine has a connection to the Iconians (either they created it or a version was used to bombard them), they are the "Old Ones" who left for Andromeda after creating the robots in "I, Mudd" and these are the same "Old Ones" who left the galaxy and sent the Ornithoid witches as their scouts in "Catspaw."

I could see Ornithoids by this time next year. It allows for "witches" on Halloween. The true Ornithoid bug puppet form looks like something Cryptic would love to animate (they were also seen in medical charts on DS9) and they were alien servants of a race that left the galaxy.

I'd imagine the galactic barrier may have been erected to keep them out or in or used by them to keep their enemies from following them.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been guessing for awhile that the Doomsday Machine has a connection to the Iconians (either they created it or a version was used to bombard them), they are the "Old Ones" who left for Andromeda after creating the robots in "I, Mudd"

That was "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" actually.
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OMFG!

The guys from The Adjustment Bureau are Iconians!!!

-- Smoov
  • myszek1993plmyszek1993pl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. The implication is that's where the Iconians went.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    The Star Fleet Battle series (which Star Fleet Command was based on) if I remember correctly.
    Agreed. The implication is that's where the Iconians went.

Disageed. We know the Kelvans (TOS, hugely advanced octopoid shapeshifters IIRC) are from Andromeda. The text in SoI suggests that the fact that the Andromeda gateway is active is a problem and not intentional - perhaps the Iconians ventured there and bit off more than they expected. IMO this is a bit of a Chekov's gun for the Kelvans to turn up in the future. And start turning your elite BOffs into crumbly polyhedrons :).

BTW - Anyone else remember the Dominion comments on the Iconians at the end of that FE series? When you hail the Dominion contact in space, IIRC he says something along the lines of "we know about the Iconians but won't help you when they come".

The Andromedans in SFB are completely different, they're more like the Elachi than anything else - engimatic, technologically wierd and making heavy use of drones, but broadly comparable to other galactic powers.

And to whoever was asking... the Tholians in SFB are categorically *not* from Andromeda, they're from yet another galaxy where they were kicked out by a slave-race rebellion.