test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue and Injuries

allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Can we pretty pretty please disallow queuing if you have an injury? At the very least for elite content?

We can't kick people out of public ques, they should at least be forced to be fully healed before being allowed to enter.

I mean really if you can't see buffs on a person because their buff bar is full of injury icons, they may as well sit afk :eek:
Post edited by allmytee on

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Might be a deterrent, if they ever add costs to the sickbay/shipyard healers.

I could get behind this.

(wow I wasted my 1000th post on this XD)
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Number 1000 Congrats :cool:

Gotta make it hurt the injured player more than it hurts the team.......

Lose 5% of the rewards for every injury you have at the start of a mission :D
  • Options
    milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or even better- make the science guys to be able to heal these injuries on everyone in the team.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    allmytee wrote: »
    Can we pretty pretty please disallow queuing if you have an injury? At the very least for elite content?

I agree. Players should not enter queues when injured.

99% of the time I encounter such people with more than 1 injury, they end up trolls / moochers / afkers. They deliberately get injured just so their performance is terrible and take up a valuable team slot and make others work harder.
  • Options
    cptjamersoncptjamerson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree. Players should not enter queues when injured.

99% of the time I encounter such people with more than 1 injury, they end up trolls /

too bad name and shame isnt allowed on the boards, but just did an elite, with someone with every injury possible. he was there to make sure we failed.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    milen93 wrote: »
    Or even better- make the science guys to be able to heal these injuries on everyone in the team.

You do know, you can do this already???

Regenerators and Components can be used on team mates if you are close enough.
    Stand next to them (in space fly next to them), target them, then "use" the item from your inventory.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Because of people not willing to heal themselves i have to wait till a match is lost (if you can even lose the match) or be punished for leaving the match before it is finished.

The least we can do is make sure the player is at optimal health to be able to contribute to the match.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know this wouldn't be the most popular solution, but as long as there's already no cost except time and clicks to get injuries cleared between matches, the act of entering a queue map may as well clear injuries from your captain and current ship/shuttle.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seeing how injuries to a ship can be cured at NO cost, it would make good sense for some punishment to those who que up for elites with numerous injuries. Those with single or couple I can see slipping in due to forgetfulness, but mass injuries is plain stupidity on the part of the player who has them by 1: not experimenting with game functions 2:not asking for advise to get rid of them 3:to dumb and blind to realize they are there and hurt ship performance 4:doing it on purpose either to troll a mission 5:under a bot controlling game. :rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    I know this wouldn't be the most popular solution, but as long as there's already no cost except time and clicks to get injuries cleared between matches, the act of entering a queue map may as well clear injuries from your captain and current ship/shuttle.

This would be the simplest and easiest solution. No need to complicate things.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hevach wrote: »

I like that idea. A simple fix and solves the problem for good.

It's not like injuries are around for any reason once a PvE event is finished - they are only a real punishment for dying during the event. Past that, they should just go away.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i've played with malfunctions to my ship, unless they're truly a detriment, like taking my shields offline or causing massive cooldowns, or TRIBBLE with my targeting, i generally will queue anyway. i have no problems in fights on elite STFs, my ships hold up just fine even with the injuries, and as long as my team is on the ball we're good for optionals and the rest of the mission

injuries aren't the problem, it's knowledge is the problem. people don't know when the injuries on their ship are truly hampering them until it's too late. there needs to be more education on the subject. the short little tutorial on ship and captain inuries (which doesn't even need to be completed mind you, it's optional) really doesn't tell you much about how they will actually affect your gameplay experience
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    i've played with malfunctions to my ship, unless they're truly a detriment, like taking my shields offline or causing massive cooldowns, or TRIBBLE with my targeting, i generally will queue anyway. i have no problems in fights on elite STFs, my ships hold up just fine even with the injuries, and as long as my team is on the ball we're good for optionals and the rest of the mission

injuries aren't the problem, it's knowledge is the problem. people don't know when the injuries on their ship are truly hampering them until it's too late. there needs to be more education on the subject. the short little tutorial on ship and captain inuries (which doesn't even need to be completed mind you, it's optional) really doesn't tell you much about how they will actually affect your gameplay experience

Well seeing how I normally play a power managed rom most of the time, a single injury tends to eliminate in most cases -10 power to whatever subsystem was effected more often than not for me, and that is just one injury. Imagine all the TRIBBLE wrong with someone who has numerous like 12 different injuries with 4+ stacks of them for each injury popping into your stf run, and watching them go poof in a mere 1-2 secs of being shot at every time. Now would you get some joy out of this? Well for me yes and no, yes it's funy to watch them go poof in no time, but at the same time causes you to have to work harder so they can reap the rewards. :rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any damage (even minor) to your ship or self will degrade your preformance. Even if you do not notice it. Except in the situation like damage to a Torp launcher and you have none equipped. But Cryptic does need to make the Damage notice larger and more prevalent so it is impossible to miss when you take an injury. If it created a graphical effect like if your shields get damaged they will flutter and have electrical discharge effects so that the player will have to repair that system to make the annoying visual effect go away.

I like the Idea of not allowing them to queue missions when damaged. The Forum posts from people crying that the game is broke because they cant queue for STF's anymore would be hilarious. Even if there was a pop-up that said your must repair your ship before entering event. People would still ignore it and rage that they can't play.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    milen93 wrote: »

besides the fact you can actually use the items from inventory to do this. wouldn't an engineer be the go to character for this instead of science? in space at least.

Not to say the ships Doctor didn't ever save the ship cause they did on occasion, but I never seen McCoy or Crusher repairing a a blow fuse on a transporter pad.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG