What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Famous Voice Actors of Star Trek Online

2»

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    While it's possible, I doubt that a Cardie faction will exclude playable Jem'Hadar.
    Whilst I share that opinion, he was referencing Odo and Weyoun; two characters that I don't think we'd see in a Cardassian faction. I personally wouldn't really want them in it either. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • crypt1c1crypt1c1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I could see more of a Dominion faction instead of just a cardie faction. Then you could have Changlings, Vorta, Jem'Hadar, and Cardassian. But meh its whatever....
    edited October 2013
    Logically, a Cardassian mini faction should be the next one in line. I would leave the Dominion out of that.

However, per the Dominion themselves, it all depends where Cryptic can/should/would go. There is scope for them to create a full faction with the Dominion down the line. Options of playing the Vorta, Jem Hadar and possibly a Founder too. You've also got the Paradan, Karemma, Wadi etc.

The problem? Most of their ships are already being flown. That and, for the most part, the Dominion are aggressive and antagonistic (you could argue the Klingons are too, but that's out of my jurisdiction). Regardless, I'd think of the Dominion as the bad guys, and Cryptic have said they don't want no evil faction.

You could throw the Vorta and Jem Hadar in with the Cardassians, but not the Founders.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wouldn't mind Wil Wheaton in the game with Wesley as an enemy. That could be nice

Jonathan Frakes as Admiral Riker would be nice.

Nicole de Boer would be very good addition to the game as Captain Ezri Dax of the Aventine. If only because Ezri got written as an interesting character in the role.

Patrick Stewart and Gates McFadden as Jean Luc and Beverly Picard (STO timeline confirms they married and had a kid) are shoo-ins of course.

But if I have to pick one, Avery Brooks as The Sisko. The character deserves to see his daughter finally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Logically, a Cardassian mini faction should be the next one in line. I would leave the Dominion out of that.

However, per the Dominion themselves, it all depends where Cryptic can/should/would go. There is scope for them to create a full faction with the Dominion down the line. Options of playing the Vorta, Jem Hadar and possibly a Founder too. You've also got the Paradan, Karemma, Wadi etc.

The problem? Most of their ships are already being flown. That and, for the most part, the Dominion are aggressive and antagonistic (you could argue the Klingons are too, but that's out of my jurisdiction). Regardless, I'd think of the Dominion as the bad guys, and Cryptic have said they don't want no evil faction.

You could throw the Vorta and Jem Hadar in with the Cardassians, but not the Founders.
    With the game expanding into the delta quadrant rather then gamma it would be difficult to logically include dominion as a next faction even if there were no evil restriction.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't forget the EMH in the tutorial was Zachary Quinto (JJtrek Spock)

I heard somewhere (can't find the source) that Wheaton would like to do voice work so long as it isn't Weasly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
    edited October 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    Don't forget the EMH in the tutorial was Zachary Quinto (JJtrek Spock)

I heard somewhere (can't find the source) that Wheaton would like to do voice work so long as it isn't Weasly.
    By now Wesley is probably captain of the titan. It would be interesting to see him do some vo in the position.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I suppose for thos TOS fans we will never get to hear thier voices figures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited October 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    Nimoy already voices Spock in each zone breakdown and in a mission.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    age03 wrote: »

You already have Leonard Nimoy doing his character in STO. Need more? :)

Top 3 voice-over wishlist:

- John de Lancie (The "true" Q)
    - Robert Picardo (Shipboard EMH / The Doctor at Starfleet Academy)
    - Jeffrey Combs (Shran/Weyoun, ANY alien really)
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    You already have Leonard Nimoy doing his character in STO. Need more? :)

Top 3 voice-over wishlist:

- John de Lancie (The "true" Q)
    - Robert Picardo (Shipboard EMH / The Doctor at Starfleet Academy)
    - Jeffrey Combs (Shran/Weyoun, ANY alien really)

Yes we need more or this game wouldn't exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My favourite choice would be Garak. I really liked the Cardassians, and Garak is the only survivor of the DS9 Cardassian main characters.
    Plus, I would really like to know what happened to him.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    Q and Garak need some voice overs. Garak would be the perfect narrator for the Cardassian faction should it ever come. De Lancie as Q is just a delight every time he opens his mouth. :)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whilst I share that opinion, he was referencing Odo and Weyoun; two characters that I don't think we'd see in a Cardassian faction. I personally wouldn't really want them in it either. :)

Why not? Odo went off to the Great Link. Assuming that Cryptic follows a similar model with the Cardassians/Dominion as they did with the Romulans, then such a Faction would need a figurehead - why not Odo?

He's a founder but he'd also have ties to the Federation and the Klingons, I suppose.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Jeffrey Combs was already approached to voice Captain Shon, actually. He turned them down. If they have a Gamma Quadrant expansion or a Dominion one, definitely Rene Auberjonois.

Geko floated the idea of introducing Mirror Wesley as a one-off villain a while back, I think that is a really cool idea for Wil Wheaton.

Other than that, I would have to say Jonathan Frakes. Starfleet needs its "leader" I'd say.
  • jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you mean Captain Shon could have been more awesome? I wanna hear Bob Picardo or Armin Shimmerman.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've got it; the Borg Queen discovers Lore's body and reassembles him to become the 'consort' that neither Locutus or Data were, with Brent Spiner voicing Lore in the FE series where you face off against him.

Also would be a good way to introduce Hugh and his 'Free Borg' into the game...

That could work. We would get Brent Spiner! and maybe a Borg faction? Spiner is the actor I want in game.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    On my list:

DeLancie (so much potential as Q returning to guide us to defeating the Iconians).
    Tim Russ (he really loves Star Trek)
    Jonathan Frakes (reprise as Admiral Riker)

JG Hertzler (Martok, be great for the Sector Dialogue and 2409 history).
    If we're really, really, unbelievably lucky?

John De Lancie will agree to do Q as Q should be done.

Well now that Q invaded My Little Pony, Cryptic definitely has to reprise his role as Q. :D
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013
    Pah. As soon as the KDF get something more or less 'exclusive' to them as an addition, the Federation starts wanting something as well, getting their own expected slice of the pie. Hmph.

With that obligatory gripe over with, I'd like to see voiceover work for Sisko, Picard, and Garak at some point.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • specialenvoyspecialenvoy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Pah. As soon as the KDF get something more or less 'exclusive' to them as an addition, the Federation starts wanting something as well, getting their own expected slice of the pie. Hmph.

With that obligatory gripe over with, I'd like to see voiceover work for Sisko, Picard, and Garak at some point.

Having Avery Brooks do voice over is probably near impossible, but I would freak if he did. I would love any of the spoon heads voices to populate the game as well. I would love for Kira to reclaim Ds9, or have a Bashir reall or EMH program. Combs is awesome too.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This comes after the news that Michael Dorn will be reprising his role as Worf for STO KDF content; I would assume this was unique to the KDF anyway.

We've already got Denise Crosby portraying Tasha Yar (and more importantly, Sela) for the Romulans. If/When we get a Cardassian Faction, it's a safe bet they'll try to get Andrew Robinson in on the action to reprise his role as Garak. We can hardly have Dukat or Damar cause they're, well ... dead.

This opens up the big question though of who to bring in for the Federation? With so many potential candidates, and so many good actors/actresses, who'd best fit the bill?

A birdie told me Worf will be helping both factions in the Featured episode but that KDF players may want to replay all the KDF missions with Worf...
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Why not? Odo went off to the Great Link. Assuming that Cryptic follows a similar model with the Cardassians/Dominion as they did with the Romulans, then such a Faction would need a figurehead - why not Odo?
    Odo is one person (well, he's not even that really). He went to the great link to share his knowledge of solids and to cure them. The mere fact that the Vorta who helped us in the 2800 was reluctant to do so would indicate that Odo isn't in command over there. The same can be said again as the Dominion (as stated in the 2800) are aware of the returning Iconian, but as of yet are unwilling to do anything about it; and they didn't even let us know.

I think, if Odo had power, or some sort of council seat (if such exists in the great link) then he'd interact more with the current Alpha & Beta powers. The fact that he hasn't would indicate that he's just another Founder, and not the one (or ones) running the show.
    Jeffrey Combs was already approached to voice Captain Shon, actually. He turned them down.
    He friggin' did WHAT? :mad:
    Having Avery Brooks do voice over is probably near impossible, but I would freak if he did.
    Am I missing someone? Why would Avery Brooks be any less probable than anyone else? :confused:
    A birdie told me Worf will be helping both factions in the Featured episode but that KDF players may want to replay all the KDF missions with Worf...
    Can you blame them? :P

Nimoy's sector introductions would be Federation specific. Crosby should have done the same for all sectors for Republic players, and now, hopefully Dorn for Klingons. I don't need Spock narrating everything thank you very much. :P
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've got it; the Borg Queen discovers Lore's body and reassembles him to become the 'consort' that neither Locutus or Data were, with Brent Spiner voicing Lore in the FE series where you face off against him.

Also would be a good way to introduce Hugh and his 'Free Borg' into the game...

Love this idea, and I was thinking the exact same thing. This would be the best way to bring more Borg influence to STO.:D
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I want more Chase Masterson! :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Coombs has one left "alive", Brunt, the Ferengi Liqudator/ general pain-in-the-lobes.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)