What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot load Tribble server

Comments

• Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dont even get to the launcher to select the server, as the launcher fails to connect
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    after loading screen tribble keeps crashing... i'm hoping you get this fixed till the testweekend...
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was one of the people who was affected by the 10/3 patch and unable to play until they fixed it with the 10/10 patch on Holodeck. This crash on the Cryptic loading screen when logging into Tribble is exactly the same -- and I don't mean "similar," I literally mean exactly the same. It crashes at the identical point in the loading progress bar (around 80% or so).

It is worrisome that you encountered the same problem once before and fixed it in one week (a bit less than that to get the fix on Redshirt for us to test), but for some reason you're not fixing it when all the new Season 8 content is involved even though you've had weeks to get around to it.

So, what gives? Is it just that you guys never imported the fix you put in the 10/10 Holodeck patch into Tribble? If so, why haven't you done so after so long? Is the fix incompatible with Season 8 content? If so, will those of us affected by the 10/3 patch be unable to play at STO all once Season 8 launches on Holodeck?

The silence is beginning to be a bit troubling, so we could really use some answers here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thawitchking3thawitchking3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got in and when i try to fix my video settings by turning it to full screen i crash :mad:
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Same problem here, It looks like we are going to have to wait until the final release before they have enough complaints to fix the issue, I'm not happy about it but one person doesn't change a thing here. The sad thing is I kinda understand it.
    sarlik wrote: »
    I was one of the people who was affected by the 10/3 patch and unable to play until they fixed it with the 10/10 patch on Holodeck. This crash on the Cryptic loading screen when logging into Tribble is exactly the same -- and I don't mean "similar," I literally mean exactly the same. It crashes at the identical point in the loading progress bar (around 80% or so).

It is worrisome that you encountered the same problem once before and fixed it in one week (a bit less than that to get the fix on Redshirt for us to test), but for some reason you're not fixing it when all the new Season 8 content is involved even though you've had weeks to get around to it.

So, what gives? Is it just that you guys never imported the fix you put in the 10/10 Holodeck patch into Tribble? If so, why haven't you done so after so long? Is the fix incompatible with Season 8 content? If so, will those of us affected by the 10/3 patch be unable to play at STO all once Season 8 launches on Holodeck?

The silence is beginning to be a bit troubling, so we could really use some answers here.

Same i was the original poster of this problem on the forum so u know ive been there took them like 2 weeks right for them to fix it
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Patch ST.35.20131023a.7 didn't fix it today, still crashing for me.
    Is it just me, or are they incrementing the same old patches for tribble?
    I'll guess there's no use to try it before the 31st then -.-

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    last thing I heard from Brandon was that they where still looking for a fix that was about 2 days ago, Im worried that if this does not get resolved soon it might affect us when Season 8 goes live and then we will have a few days without being avail to log in like what happen to a few of us with the 10-03-13 patch on Holodeck
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this another XP problem? I can't get past the loading screen. The old work around Zero posted no longer works. :(
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    :cool:
    Now im more calm about this... i have the same problem but my ones the tribble crashes at around 50% of the loading...i was thinking i was the only one with this problem... good that i was wrong...;)
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ;( no news yet read todays patch notes and someone already posted that they still keep crashing. Patching as we speak fingers crossed. Tribble might not be up yet so that might be the reason for their crash if they indeed fixed it but here wishful thinking.

Oh and by the way schedule launch date for Season 8 is November 12th hope thats enough time for a fix if they still havent found one before it goes to Holodeck

Oh well just got a tweet mostly I will still crash after this patch to tribble ;(;(;(;(;(;(
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    >Load Tribble
    >Crash on first Loading screen
    >Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Finally Works

>Exit game

>Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Finally works

>Exit game

>Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >Load Tribble
    >4th attempt, will it work this time?
    >works

Well, that's the pattern for me... Crashes three times and then loads on 4th attempt. No idea how or why.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I manage to fix my problem :) while i was fixing it i change some settings in the video options and when i try to start it up it crash maybe that what happening to you guys when i change it to directx9 it crash in the loading screen like you guys posted but when i change it to auto it worked
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've got no option to change the DX settings as I'm still using DX9 to begin with.

And once again, the Tribble test server launched on my 4th attempt. Not 3rd, not 5th, but always 4th. Tried sending crash reports to Cryptic, but quite frankly it would be nice at least to know the team is investigating this issue, as it's nowhere to be seen in the "Known issues" section. I imagine if this'll go live as it is it may be the most disasterous season launch to date...

I was skimming the chat during branflakes's stream and even there I've seen numerous complaints that "tribble keeps crashing on the first loading screen".
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    I've got no option to change the DX settings as I'm still using DX9 to begin with.

And once again, the Tribble test server launched on my 4th attempt. Not 3rd, not 5th, but always 4th. Tried sending crash reports to Cryptic, but quite frankly it would be nice at least to know the team is investigating this issue, as it's nowhere to be seen in the "Known issues" section. I imagine if this'll go live as it is it may be the most disasterous season launch to date...

I was skimming the chat during branflakes's stream and even there I've seen numerous complaints that "tribble keeps crashing on the first loading screen".

I've been bugging BranFlakes about this on a daily basis. Everyone start squeaking at the Devs on twitter and hopefully this will get greased!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I also have no option in game to chance the DirectX option to anything, but that does not matter as I cant even log in to tribble to test that, and they known about this problem for weeks now and no fix yet it didn't take this long when we couldn't log in after the 10-03-13 patch it took a week for them to fix it. But that was im guessing after a whole thread was filled with complains of the same problem of not being avail to log in to Holodeck

And also I have been bugging Brandon about this daily, and ive now come to the conclusion that this might even go live to holodeck on launch day. And once again like the last patch of 10-03-13 once a lot of more people start complaining then maybe then a fix will ensue heres wishful thinking.

All I've gotten is does my computer meet the game/system requirements
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Hmmm so each time u crash do u send in a ticket or force verify???? I tried it without sending in a ticket and also no force verify all 4 times and still nothing keep crashing
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i change it out of game gameprefs file but now it super laggy :( im just going to stick to holodeck
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hmmm so each time u crash do u send in a ticket or force verify???? I tried it without sending in a ticket and also no force verify all 4 times and still nothing keep crashing
    I've never verified any files. I've sent several tickets, but I'm not doing so after each crash.

It's funny for me because honestly each and every time I've tried to access Tribble it launched only on the 4th attempt. I get three crashes on the very first loading screen and then finally on the 4th attempt I'm able to log in. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or not, but even though the Holodeck works fine, the Tribble just keeps crashing.

Although once it starts it seems to work fine, aside from the super laggy Battlezone.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the announced Mac version...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've never verified any files. I've sent several tickets, but I'm not doing so after each crash.

It's funny for me because honestly each and every time I've tried to access Tribble it launched only on the 4th attempt. I get three crashes on the very first loading screen and then finally on the 4th attempt I'm able to log in. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or not, but even though the Holodeck works fine, the Tribble just keeps crashing.

Although once it starts it seems to work fine, aside from the super laggy Battlezone.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the announced Mac version...

hmmm well i tried it several times like u said to see and nope cant get past the first loading screen
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm curious, what OS are you using?

I'm still on XP (yeah, yeah, gonna switch to 7 in a few months, stop bothering me), 32bit, DX9. I often point this out as Legacy of Romulus already had some issues with XP and I wonder if there's more to come. Of course Cryptic will not completely ignore users with older systems, but it is possible that it may not be a priority for them.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm curious, what OS are you using?

I'm still on XP (yeah, yeah, gonna switch to 7 in a few months, stop bothering me), 32bit, DX9. I often point this out as Legacy of Romulus already had some issues with XP and I wonder if there's more to come. Of course Cryptic will not completely ignore users with older systems, but it is possible that it may not be a priority for them.

Yep older systems seem to have problems with the newer updates to the game, every time I keep getting a reply of "does your computer have the minimum requirements" and yes it does otherwise how would I be playing but aside from that went to best buy and they took a look and said yes i did have the min req. I can run Holodeck fine even with the fix they did 3 weeks or so ago. Granted I dont have the best graphics card but still run pretty good

Running Vista 32bit DX9 as well here ram well i think i ran with 2gb but does not matter as ive seen when the first problem arose ppl with 4 even 8gb couldnt log in
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to add my voice that this is happening to me as well. Though for me, I froze on the screen, it didn't crash.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This is the crash Ticket # 18897741 I get when submitting my crash report anyone else get that same number or what numbers do u guys get be interested to see if its the same problem or if we are all getting different problems.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Having Windows Xp should not be an issue, System Requirements: http://sto.perfectworld.com/download
    The fact is if Xp is the reason they are having a problem they will have to fix it, when it hits holodeck I'm sure they will get enough complaints to warrant them making time for a repair.

Yeah, thats my thinking as soon as it hit Holodeck and more people start complaining if the problem persist then a fix will ensue as more people play live than test on Redshirt and Tribble.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, thats my thinking as soon as it hit Holodeck and more people start complaining if the problem persist then a fix will ensue as more people play live than test on Redshirt and Tribble.
    That's the way it's always been. It's sad, really, as there's still no response regarding this issue, yet once again Cryptic has decided to release the season anyway.

Let's just hope some fix is actually in the works. Otherwise some of us may need to take a mandatory break from the game. And with the Lobi event going on the rage is gonna be glorious...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That's the way it's always been. It's sad, really, as there's still no response regarding this issue, yet once again Cryptic has decided to release the season anyway.

Let's just hope some fix is actually in the works. Otherwise some of us may need to take a mandatory break from the game. And with the Lobi event going on the rage is gonna be glorious...

Well they didn't do anything for us who couldn't log in while the Shard Event was one, I missed a whole week of shards. But I managed to get all 14 in time tho