test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold & Silver Member Tribble Access Update (10/25/13)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hello Captains,

An update for you all! Tribble is now once again open to Silver Members. Both Gold and Silver Members who have signed up for Tribble via this page should now see the Tribble server option in the launcher.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    Hello Captains,

An update for you all! Tribble is now once again open to Silver Members. Both Gold and Silver Members who have signed up for Tribble via this page should now see the Tribble server option in the launcher.

Thanks,

Sweeeeeet...
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello Captains,

That's some great news. Now I can test all the upcoming stuff on Tribble and stop playing STO on Holodeck.

Just kidding... ;)
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm glad to hear this, look forward to trying out stuff and posting any bugs I find.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello Captains,

Thanks,

Does GOLD and LTS will get some freebies out of this one? There is a reason why some people PAY for this game. OTHERWISE, why segregate levels. Just because the few complain and whine doesnt mean they are right. You should give more extensive timframe testing time to the ones who actually PAY for STO and of course some last days prior to launch to the whole world like it has been done for the past 7 seasons launch. Being poilitically correct dimisnishes GOLD and LTS players...just saying:mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Does GOLD and LTS will get some freebies out of this one? There is a reason why some people PAY for this game. OTHERWISE, why segregate levels. Just because the few complain and whine doesnt mean they are right. You should give more extensive timframe testing time to the ones who actually PAY for STO and of course some last days prior to launch to the whole world like it has been done for the past 7 seasons launch. Being poilitically correct dimisnishes GOLD and LTS players...just saying:mad:

Yeah give access to Tribble and Redshirt only to GOLD and LTSers

If you dont pay you wont get to test out new content (excepts mayby the last weekend before launch)
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah give access to Tribble and Redshirt only to GOLD and LTSers

If you dont pay you wont get to test out new content (excepts mayby the last weekend before launch)

So... You want people to actually pay to test buggy and incomplete content, Do you realize that there is people who are payed to do that? (the QA)

No one should pay to test a work in progress, If you want to help Cryptic make better content, play it on tribble and redshirt and give feedback, playing it before anyone else is just a bonus.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks I'll check it out!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fantastic!

Now, on to bug Hunting!:D
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Something else taking away from gold members. Do we get anything that silver members don't. Don't get me wrong this game needs silver players. But there should be some benefits for being LTS and gold.

Look at some of the things we get.

Respects is a bonus
    Captains table. Only a bonus if you could transwarp there and get commodities and consumables. Besides that it is a pain to get to.
    A ship. It is sexy but there are better ships.
    Costume unlocks. Ok. Cool but I could live without.

We need real benefits for LTS and gold players. We were promised tribble testing, now it was taken away. If I was not LTS I would go silver in a heart beat.

Some things it would recommend.
    Larger doff roster
    Make all bind on character zen store purchases like bank spots, inventory spots, and stuff like combat ev suit bound to account purchase not character.
    Here is one the everyone gold and LTS would love rechargeable hypos, power cells, shields charges, and ship batteries that are character bound.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Something else taking away from gold members. Do we get anything that silver members don't. Don't get me wrong this game needs silver players. But there should be some benefits for being LTS and gold.

You DO know that this wasn?t standard procedure and only a temporary measure where they locked away the test server for silver players, right?
    I think you can ALSO understand the potential negative feedback of "pay to betatest a F2P game".
    Furthermore I am rather sure there have been complaints about low player numbers early on when the change that you seem to have taken for granted happened.
  • Options
    aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sorry for you gold members but some not everyone cant even troubleshoot a bug properly plus public testing is what everyone is doing more testing more bugs removed it is better then after the lunch of s8 more of you goldy's complain about a bug that can be easily prevented from even occurring if there was proper testing done by the way games like League of Legends have Public Beta Environment and this is a f2p game this Beta Environment prevents many bugs from occurring on the live servers and we are speaking about a game with almost 19milion players per day good job to pwe and cryptic this is the right direction :)
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks.

/10 chars
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Respects is a bonus
    Captains table. Only a bonus if you could transwarp there and get commodities and consumables. Besides that it is a pain to get to.

We need real benefits for LTS and gold players. We were promised tribble testing, now it was taken away. If I was not LTS I would go silver in a heart beat.

Larger doff roster
    Make all bind on character zen store purchases like bank spots, inventory spots, and stuff like combat ev suit bound to account purchase not character.
    Here is one the everyone gold and LTS would love rechargeable hypos, power cells, shields charges, and ship batteries that are character bound.
    Regarding the bolded part, just so you know, Tribble is a test server and before I decided to get the LTS, I was a Free player, and for seasons 6, 7 and LOR, I was able to test the content. So, for about a year and a half, Tribble has been opened for Silver players to test content. What that means is that it wasn't exclusive to subscribers. Here's a suggestion: get off your high horse, and learn to accept that things aren't going to be how you want them to be.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    rex9234rex9234 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    will all of you gold and LTS players stop whining there are most likely more silver players that test the sever than you or do you want an extremely buggy launch where half the **** does not work
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rex9234 wrote: »
    will all of you gold and LTS players stop whining there are most likely more silver players that test the sever than you or do you want an extremely buggy launch where half the **** does not work
    You mean some. Not all subscribers are whining. Perhaps you should learn to not lump all people into the same group.
  • Options
    moronwmachinegunmoronwmachinegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello Captains,

Does this mean there will be no Dyson Sphere tribble? I was hoping for a dino-tribble. :(
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    Another special snowflake gold who thinks silvers are scum of the earth and shouldnt have a chance to test new content? Nice. Silver players spend real money too. Oh and Tribble was made Gold only temporaraly and it was stated it was temporary.

Anyway Thanks Cryptic for opening Tribble back up to us scum of the earth, mooching, leeching, freetarded silvers. :D
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This is to all the new people that don't know ny better. Tribble was promised to LTS and gold players during the F2P swap. It never happened, until recently. I don't have a problem with silver players. They saved this game, so I have to say thank you. Some players can remember prior to season four the lack of content and development team at Crytpic. I also don't have a problem with F2P having access to tribble, I have a problem of broken promises. The more people that test the better the results for new game content. I would love to see this changed to a open window for LTS and gold players before everyone else getting into tribble.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Respects is a bonus

Larger doff roster

EVERYTHING this guy said!
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is to all the new people that don't know ny better. Tribble was promised to LTS and gold players during the F2P swap. It never happened, until recently. I don't have a problem with silver players. They saved this game, so I have to say thank you. Some players can remember prior to season four the lack of content and development team at Crytpic. I also don't have a problem with F2P having access to tribble, I have a problem of broken promises. The more people that test the better the results for new game content. I would love to see this changed to a open window for LTS and gold players before everyone else getting into tribble.

This I agree with too. We are not actually whining just once again disappointed.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As usual on here you're ALL missing the real point.

The point of beta testing on tribble is to find all of the bugs and report them so Cryptic can fix them. The more people you have testing the better, However the real problem is that instead of taking the extensive amount of bug reports and player feedback and doing what is necessary Cryptic still pushes out the content no matter the amount of bugs.

It wasn't being able to play through all the LOR content on tribble before release that caused many people to not play the LOR content, it was largely the huge amount of new bugs that were pushed through to holodeck and even some old ones popping up again.

Having testing being limited to such a small percentage of players like gold and LTI is asinine, but then again so is pushing out subpar content and not taking the necessary time to get it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But there should be some benefits for being LTS and gold.

Why should there be more than there already is? LTS have gotten instant access to hundreds of $$$ worth of unlocks when they purchased it and are getting an additional $5 worth of payback every month.

Why should someone who paid $199 once be treated preferrably over someone who has dropped thousands of $$ into Zen but chose to stay silver?
  • Options
    ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello Captains,

Thanks,

Yet another "exclusive" for paying customers just handed to F2Pers.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic can change their minds about some of the "exclusivity" that they "promised" whenever they want. I don't fault them for allowing silver players to have access to Tribble. I think it was a very awesome thing that they did when they did it. I was silver throughout Seasons 6, 7, and part of LoR. I only recently went LTS, but I am not about to say I deserve exclusive access to Tribble because I don't deserve exclusive access to it.
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

don't remember anything about paying a sub and playing beta content .

btw f2p players are equal paying costumers with people who pay subs.I know it will shock you but you can never sub and spend more money in game than a person who only pays sub.Gold or silver is not the sign of how much money you spent.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tribble should not be exclusive. It's normal to start testing with a smaller group, then add more and more people as time goes by. Starting with gold members makes more sense than Cryptic's old policy of inviting random players. Eventually, though, you need to allow everybody in for some halfway decent stress testing of the new content.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    mirai222 wrote: »
    Tribble should not be exclusive. It's normal to start testing with a smaller group, then add more and more people as time goes by. Starting with gold members makes more sense than Cryptic's old policy of inviting random players. Eventually, though, you need to allow everybody in for some halfway decent stress testing of the new content.

I agree with you, I still don't know why the Gold Members are getting mad about... see they already get:
    • Monthly Stipend of 500 ZEN
    • More Inventory
    • More Bank Slots
    • Account Bank
    • Respect at each level
    • Liberated Borg "Playable"
    • Better Ships
    • Own Private Station
    • Free ship at ever mayor level (ICLUDING - Level 50)
    • They get put in the front of the list when there is a long queue to log in
    • Costumer Priority (if not all)

List goes on and on... Why the .... Complain about making a Test Server for everyone to use...

I just don't get it...

Matter of fact... I was planing on going Gold sometime next year... Just for the benefits... not to test the content...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I agree with you, I still don't know why the Gold Members are getting mad about... see they already get:
    • Monthly Stipend of 500 ZEN.
    • More Inventory
    • More Bank Slots
    • Account Bank
    • Respect at each level
    • Liberated Borg "Playable"
    • Better Ships
    • Own Private Station
    • Free ship at ever mayor level (ICLUDING - Level 50)
    • They get put in the front of the list when there is a long queue to log in
    • Costumer Priority (if not all)

List goes on and on... Why the .... Complain about making a Test Server for everyone to use...

I just don't get it...

Matter of fact... I was planing on going Gold sometime next year... Just for the benefits... not to test the content...

The stipend is hardly worth the money invested. Only benefits LTS, gold members loose out because of the ratio of zen to dollar. If a silver player spent ten dollars a month they would pay less in a year and still be able to buy the bank spots and other benefits that a gold player can get, although this changes depending on how many toons you have.

Bank and inventory slots, this is were you are wrong, yes gold members get more but if you were around there we got nothing. When the game went F2P we had an option quit paying and loose spots or continue and keep what you already had. So to keep my bank spots I had to continue to pay.

Account bank is new and came almost two years after F2P, this is a benifit.

Respect at every level and for certain reward days, benifit.

Liberated Borg, a visual analyst with the new genetic resequiencers this character only has one benifit, the slow Borg immobilized skill. This is mostly a visual for the character. This is also only available to LTS, not a gold benefit.

We get the same ships you do, the only difference is we get a 600 day ship ( choice between defiant, intrepid, and galaxy) and the 1000day ship, there are better ships out there.

As far as the catpatain table ( private station) I was in there the other day instance one and the only one in there, it is a pain to get to and not woth going to.

Free ship at every level, this is true, we do not get one a 45 and 50 anymore. Which prior to F2P we did. This is something we lost on during the swap over to F2P. This is not a benifit.

Priorty log in, wow this is only a problem during season launches, that I am aware of, while I consider it a benefit it only applies to about two to three weeks out of the year.

Being able to refine extra 1000 dilithium, to long of a mission to worry about.

Tribble server, now taken away.

I do understand more to test the better the results. I also understand F2P players and lockboxes have saved this game. Tribble is up for almost two months prior to a release. While I do believe there are some hard core F2P players, gold members usually do not disappear after seasonal up dates. Cryptic has even said that they see an influx of players after seasonal launches and it tend to fall back to normal levels. While I am not saying every F2P player leaves I will be willing to say the gold members stick around in between seasons.

Gold players lost more during F2P than what most people think, lost access to ships at certain level, not as bad as a silver player.

While I do believe we do get benefits they are not worth the subscription cost.

Now as far a tribble as tribble is concerned it is something else taken way, that was promised to us, even if was never implemented. So I understand why both side feel like something was taken away from each other.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Incase you hadn't notice but what you just mention happen it was only for gold & LTS and now it is open up for every one.

And I do not remember anywhere was it said that tribble was going to be a gold/LTS thing only, as I recall things were mention but were subjected to change, well it happen this way so get over it already and move on.