test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 12 Klingon character (Gorn) and no promotion yet

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,382 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello all,
Has this ever happened to you? I got on a newer character today. he was level 4 when I began playing, and is at level 12 now. I never got the promotion mission to talk to the Chancellor and get a new ship. So now I'm playing at Tier 2 level with a tier 1 ship. This is my 6th character and this has never happened before. What gives? How can I get my promotion and new ship?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by djf021 on

Comments

• aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually my Joined Trill KDF Tac has the same problem. Got the toon past 33,000 space skill points spent, did the first five episodes, did a respec token to be certain, got all the other stuff from promotion, got Doffs going, but can NOT get the promotion bit going, and am stuck in the puny B'rel, and cannot upgrade at all.

If this has got to do with the Q event, something got hosed for new toons. (This is a 1000+ day gold account going here, to be also certain.)
  • tupperswearingtupperswearing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same thing happening to my gorn
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You have to start the mission "A Test of Mettle" first, I believe, since getting a new ship is actually part of the mission.
  • tupperswearingtupperswearing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seems to have fixed it thankyou
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Either it was mentioned already, and flat out missed it, or the fact you need to complete that episode, needs to be sorely updated on the STO wiki, as there is no information there, nor anywhere else i am aware of, to indicate that you need to complete that episode, to earn a new ship. Nothing ingame either, indicates this.

Such an update, 'would' prevent this confusion, for other, future KDF players, especially new accounts and said such toons.

End of Line.
  • v12qboronyv12qborony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have a level 49 toon and I never got a promotion from my first ship. I am gonna look for that mission now, but I never saw it
  • v12qboronyv12qborony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah that was the problem fixed it. Too many mirror universes
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You have to start the mission "A Test of Mettle" first, I believe, since getting a new ship is actually part of the mission.

Wow, that's outstanding. So, I have to go through two more missions before I get a new ship that I should have now. Fantastic. Basically, they're saying: "TRIBBLE you if you've advanced more quickly than the story." :rolleyes: (which really is easy to do when you do defense and exploration side missions for dilithium)