test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar Aux2Bat Review - Fine Tuning

kalwrathkalwrath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Hey guys,

I?m after some thoughts on my build to see if there's some ways to fine tune it and boost DPS for PVE. Any ideas would be welcome. My toon is a Liberated Borg Rommy and DPS in PUGS is sitting around:

ICE - 20k avg / 24k max
Cure - 30k avg / 34k max

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=kaltacticalscimitar_0

Hot Keys bound to space: TT1, APB3, DEM, APB2, A2B1, A2B1, EPTS1, HE2, FAW3, EPTW1

Manual fire on: Weapon Capacitor, Fire on Target, APA3, Refactoring Tetryon, Tactical Initiative, Tactical Fleet 2, Nimbus Pirate and defensive abilities as needed.

BOFFS
5x Superior Romulan Operative

DOFFS
3x Very Rare Technician
1x Marion Frances Dulmur
1x Energy Weapon

Power Default:
Weapons - 125/100
Shields - 59/30
Engines - 52/15
Auxiliary - 49/15

Traits:
Accurate
Crippling Fire
Elusive
Helmsman
Inspirational Leader
Precise
Techie
Warp Theorist

I think I may be missing some potential with the 2nd APB, Beam Overload 1, Cutting Beam and Energy Weapon DOFF. I have bunch of equipment in the bank which I could swap in if people think it may help, plus I could buy or grind on anything else suggested.

Bank stuff:
Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array
Jem?Hadar MK XII Set
Maco MK XII Set
Omega MK XII Set
Elite Scorpion Fighters
Nukara Partical Converter
Bioneuron Infusion Circuits
Tachyokinetic Converter
Fleet Flow Capacitor ?Th +Pla
Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator
Subspace Integration Circuit
Isometric Charge
7x Advanced Fleet Antiproton Beam Array Dmgx3 CritDx1
5x Antiproton Antiproton Mag Regulators MK XII
Elite Fleet Efficient Combat Impulse Engines MK II [Turn]x2 [Full] [Pow]
Elite Fleet Resilient Shield MK XII [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt]

Thanks guys, I appriciate any ideas you may have.
Post edited by kalwrath on

Comments

• sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You might want to throw in the Experimental Rommy Beam on there. It helps a bit on the power drain. I'll assume this isn't a PvP build or that your accuracy is really high because I see a lot of CrtD modifiers.

Definitely get rid of the APB1 if you have the APB3. You don't need it with a dual A2B build. If you don't know what to do with the Ensign slot, I'd put it as a Sci Ensign and add something like Polarize Hull or Tractor Beam.

I would trade the kinetic cutting beam for perhaps the Rommy Hyper torpedo to complete the 3 pc set. Because you have a torpedo to work with, you'll also be able to use Torpedo High Yield every 15s and send out heavy plasma torpedo barrages. If you don't have that, you can also consider a beam target subsystem OR getting a plasma torpedo with Torpedo Spread (in place of APB1).

Since you have flow caps, you might want to swap for the Omega Set instead for shield stripping. Who knows, you might even have enough time to throw down a Gravitic anchor and zap em with your Thalaron Blast while they're stuck :P
    You might want to throw in the Experimental Rommy Beam on there. It helps a bit on the power drain. I'll assume this isn't a PvP build or that your accuracy is really high because I see a lot of CrtD modifiers.

Definitely get rid of the APB1 if you have the APB3. You don't need it with a dual A2B build. If you don't know what to do with the Ensign slot, I'd put it as a Sci Ensign and add something like Polarize Hull or Tractor Beam.

I would trade the kinetic cutting beam for perhaps the Rommy Hyper torpedo to complete the 3 pc set. Because you have a torpedo to work with, you'll also be able to use Torpedo High Yield every 15s and send out heavy plasma torpedo barrages. If you don't have that, you can also consider a beam target subsystem OR getting a plasma torpedo with Torpedo Spread (in place of APB1).

Since you have flow caps, you might want to swap for the Omega Set instead for shield stripping. Who knows, you might even have enough time to throw down a Gravitic anchor and zap em with your Thalaron Blast while they're stuck :P

I dont think you understand his dps...

Anyways, get an experimental plasma in there for 2p 8% bonus to plasma.
    A bioneural circuit console may do more for ya then an embassy console
    Elite scorpuans are regarded as the best, perhaps a test run is in order?
    Get polarized hull in your uni ensign.
    Could move bo to apb1

Fly with likeminded people to stack betas...
    thats all i got man...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Also on his Romulan Plasmas beam arrays, I have always been taught that the Accx2 are better than the Crt D ones, but I do not have data to back it up so it could not be true. Also, I do not see the Nukara Console that adds to beam damage. Also, I do not see the Romulan Engine that gives 26% lift to Attack pattern. You could alos try to roll with the Omega set for more shield penetration. Again I am just doing this build so I am by no means an expert. My build is on a separate this thread and is in the link but can also be found here:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scimmyround2_0
  • kalwrathkalwrath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys, this is great!

I've swapped the Ensign BO1 to Polarize Hull which will help against those hated tractor beams. Great suggestion!

I've put in the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array in to grab the 2nd bonus though I don't know what the impact of more Accuracy compared to pure CritD when I don't miss in PVE. My crit rate right now is about 19%. I assume the non-power drain on FAW will help though :)

I tried using the Rommy plasma torpedoes with the 3 piece set in both front and back slots but I didn't see much return, mostly due to my lack of projectile skills I?d say.

When I get home tonight I'll do a couple of more tests tonight and post how they go.
    - Elite Scorps over the Elite Drones
    - Putting an 8th Beam array in to replace the cutting beam
    - Swapping an embassy console for bioneural circuit

The Romulan engines do look nice compared to Borg but I'd lose the hull regen bonus from the 2 piece Borg set. Seems it would increase dps though.
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The rumor on ACC is that when you don't miss in PVE the left over acc goes to Crit. This is called accuracy overflow. This link explains it.

http://blackwyvernarts.com/blog/?p=58

That is why people have always cranked up ACC and why the ACCx3 weapons are the most expensive on the exchange. Because the excess accuracy increases both crit severity and crit chance.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No engineering team to repair your hull? (HE might be stretching it, especially if you're constantly killing Aux power with aux2bat) Only one tactical team might be a stretch as well without two purple tac team doffs at least. The ship seems a bit low on defense. A valdore console might help unless you really are able to survive without issue with that current build. Perhaps you have different results from I, but I find Elite Crystalines and borg spheres hate my Scimitar bad. (Fire at Will could be a contributing factor) :P
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wouldn't replace the kcb...owa is way too powerful to loose

@sonikku

Aux2bat rules rules out the need for another tt. And an aux bat can be used to park up auxiliary heals.

If the extra beam provides a solid improvement, please do post.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've also noted that activating RMC, or EPM, or EPS transfer will cancel the aux drain and let you use aux powers temporarily.

Granted not all builds can use those. Red Matter Capacitor is a pre-order bonus item, Enhanced Plasma Manifold is from a Fed Z-ship, and EPS Transfer is an Eng Captain power.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kalwrathkalwrath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys,

So I did a few tests tonight to see if 8 beams are better than 7 beams + KCB (giving me omega weapon amp) and if Elite Drones are better than Elite Scorpions.

I'm using raw damage in these results. I'm not sure how relevant this will be to you guys but I thought I'd give you what I saw. I'm also not a math wiz by any stretch but I thought I'd give this a shot. This is based on limited data as I only did one ICE run per setup. For all those reasons I'm sure someone could poke holes in the results.

In order to mitigate for my flying performance I broke each weapon into Damage Per Swing, then looked at what percentage of total swings that weapon gave me in ICE. From there I projected what a 5000 swing fight would look like for each weapon setup. I chose 5000 swing projection because both fights saw me doing around 5000 swings with these weapons and since we're only measuring these weapons I figured it would be as good a projection as anything.

Basic Math

Damage Per swing = Total Damage / Swings
    Change of Swing = Weapon Swings / Total Swings
    Projected Weapon Damage = 5000 Swings / Change of Swing * Damage Per Swing

Data Collected:
    Beam Array FAW3
    Beam Array
    DEM
    Cutting Beam (or not)
    Combined Pet abilities (FAW, BO, Torps etc)

* I didn't include plasma fire because it's such a low contributor to damage (40k compared to millions).
    * Crit differences were minimal and would likely swing either way in any given ICE STF as there's no difference in the actual weapons I had equipped.

Results

Here are my results for total damage projection in a 5000 swing fight using only these weapons.

8 Beams = 4,667,943
    7 Beams & KCB = 4,921,263

So not a massive difference but 7 Beams & KCB wins.

Performance of Elite Scorpions vs Elite Drones was more telling. It's basically raw data since they are self-contained units with no connection to other systems. For projection I used a 2,000 swing fight because that's around what they both did on ICE, give or take 100 swings.

Elite Scorpions = 1,031,711
    Elite Drones = 1,654,776

Drones seem to win out here by a long shot. Both results assume you could keep the two drones or six scorps up in equal measure. I certainly struggled to keep six scorps up with so many warp explosions going on where as my Elite Drones were alive most of the fight.

So based on just this single test, with averaging out the data I'd say go with 7 beams & KCB with Elite Drones. I'll be doing a lot more testing though.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not surprised per se for the 7+kcb. But elite drones over scorps is rather interesting

• torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    I'm not surprised per se for the 7+kcb. But elite drones over scorps is rather interesting

Well, I'm not surprised. Elite Drones are currently the best hangar-pets.

The Setup looks good so far, but for me other things worked better:

DEM2 + Marion didn't work as good as EP2W 3 on my Scimitar (up to 6.6% more DPS).

You usually don't need 2 versions of Attack Pattern Beta, try Attack Pattern Delta 1 instead of Beta 1. That's good for some tanking and annoys people in PvP :P

I think your Weapon Powerlevel is too high, some people are talking about a softcap at 135, so above that level you get no benefit at all.
    If you have got an Elite-Singularity with AMP-modifier (usually you should go for extra Engine-Power), redirect power to your engines. You should try to get 125 (135 with EP2W 3) Weapon-Powerlevel, 75 Shield-Powerlevel (with your EP2S 1 running) and 75 Engine-Powerlevel. This could give you about 9.9% more DPS.

Sorry for the short reply, but I'm using a smartphone at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.