test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipment does not display on Romulans?

valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Greetings,

I recently started a Romulan character after having been away for a bit. I had banked a fair amount of low end gear in anticipation of the new faction, including some kits and armor.

After getting to the point when I could use the Mark II and III gear, I pulled them out of my alts bank and sent them to my Romulan. I noticed, after equipping the entire crew, that none of the equipment will show on any Romulan character at all. It shows up fine on my Fed Borg BO on the same crew, but not on anyone else.

Is this a bug, or is this something that only works on Fed characters and BO's?
Post edited by valethar on

Comments

• ghostwolf1054ghostwolf1054 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I for one am glad the Fed "wet suit" doesn't show up on my Rom or Klink. Hope it never does. Your Kit will show however on a Fed Rom, and sometimes looks good with the right uniform on.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    Aye kits show up on fed-roms but kits and armor show up on none of the klingon races, nor kdf-roms. :/ one more half assed, never finished feature where federation bias shows
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is actually a reason for this and its actually a good one.

Fed "costumes" are more or less a pull over shirt and pants. Romulan and KDF uniforms have shoulder pads, chest gear, belts and all kinds of accessories.

The kits was not designed around it and causes major clipping issues when you get the higher tier stuff.

Since the kits go on top of your outfit they just wont work.

They would have to design KDF and Romulan specific versions. But the spend their time on designigng birds for events
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aye kits show up on fed-roms but kits and armor show up on none of the klingon races, nor kdf-roms. :/ one more half assed, never finished feature where federation bias shows

Hmm.. I may be doing something wrong then. I can't even get the kit to show on my Rom at this point. Could be the Mk 4-6 stuff I can use just doesn't have enough to show, or is conflicting with the uniform somehow.

I'm with you on the Fed bias thing. It's always been like that though. They could have done it properly had they wanted to, but never cared enough to do so, despite the players asking since launch.

You'd think with the ridiculous prices they charge on the C-Store, they'd be able to afford a couple of people to do it.

Thanks for the answers folks. :) At least now I know I'm not bugged. I was getting a lot of CTD's when accessing the tailor on my Rom, and thought maybe I'd corrupted the art assets or something in the process.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    I end up having to delete the texture .hogg files at least once a week due to crashes or 'corrupt' files.

iirc the early stuff is little more than an arm/leg band depending on the type
    They would have to design KDF and Romulan specific versions. But the spend their time on designigng birds for events

dont forget the sunglasses noone wears!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • chookinchookin Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a fed reman and the medic kit shows up over her uniform alright, though like other klingons, my kdf reman has nothing.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They activated the stylized Federation "Armor" on the KDF side back in season 2 or 3 and found numerous bugs and issues, one of which was that the color stripe on KDF characters was always yellow regardless of career choice of player character or BOFF. Shortly there after they disabled it and promptly forgot/ignored it. Greatly dissapointing, really.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2013
    If your Klingon, suit up in some Klingon Honour Guard and be thankful at how majestic and Badass you look.

It's also a great ground set with a Grenade Launching shotgun.

Oh and Helmet is under head type for some reason.

Now Romulans and Remans really do need a version of the Honour Guard uniform as their own.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    They activated the stylized Federation "Armor" on the KDF side back in season 2 or 3 and found numerous bugs and issues, one of which was that the color stripe on KDF characters was always yellow regardless of career choice of player character or BOFF. Shortly there after they disabled it and promptly forgot/ignored it. Greatly disappointing, really.

The hallmark of lazy, complacent coders. With all the money they're raking in overcharging people for ships, etc.. on the C-$tore, there's no reason why they shouldn't be working.

Same thing goes for the ridiculous color bugs present since Beta on KDF and now Romulan characters/BOFFs. It's odd that Fed side doesn't appear to have the mysteriously linked uniform parts that change colors together, but they can't be bothered to fix it elsewhere.
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valethar wrote: »
    The hallmark of lazy, complacent coders. With all the money they're raking in overcharging people for ships, etc.. on the C-$tore, there's no reason why they shouldn't be working.

Coders don't get to decide what they spend their time on. That's a management decision. If management tells them to ignore the bugs and make more ships which players might spend money on then that's what they have to do - even the industrious, meticulous ones. Ditto for pushing content into release with known bugs.
  • kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valethar wrote: »
    Same thing goes for the ridiculous color bugs present since Beta on KDF and now Romulan characters/BOFFs. It's odd that Fed side doesn't appear to have the mysteriously linked uniform parts that change colors together, but they can't be bothered to fix it elsewhere.

This bug is actually older than most people might think. It was in Champions Online before Star Trek Online was even released.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This bug is actually older than most people might think. It was in Champions Online before Star Trek Online was even released.
    And it affects all factions.... Some less than others, but all of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg