test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot load Tribble server

amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
When I log in, set the launcher to Tribble, it patches, then loads the "CRYPTIC" loading screen, the bar gets about 90% over, then it crashes to desktop. When I restart the launcher it ask to verify the files, I've done that for Tribble Live and Redshirt, just in case, I've also tried loading Tribble in safe mode, same result. Deleted and redownloaded Tribble as well, same result.

Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by amwolfe on

Comments

• abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Me too. Didn't reach the 90%. Just after click "engage" the cpu get high load and then crashes back to desktop. Checked this after a tribble patches came up the last day's include the last one this night. No way into game :(
  • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    amwolfe wrote: »
    When I log in, set the launcher to Tribble, it patches, then loads the "CRYPTIC" loading screen, the bar gets about 90% over, then it crashes to desktop. When I restart the launcher it ask to verify the files, I've done that for Tribble Live and Redshirt, just in case, I've also tried loading Tribble in safe mode, same result. Deleted and redownloaded Tribble as well, same result.

Anyone else having this problem?

Tried again today because there was a new patch. Complete reinstall. No Dice. Same result.
  • rainbowarcanarainbowarcana Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This needs dev attention. Not being able to load the game at all is pretty much the definition of "game breaking."
  • cohas79cohas79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My launcher Crashes every time i try and patch tribble
    Have No Fear! Cohas is Here!
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here just patched it and crash on the Cryptic loading scree. I should point out that I had the same problem on Holodeck with the patch from 10-03-13 I could not log in for a week. Not sure if its the same problem as holodeck tho as it was only affecting older graphics cards
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ditto. I haven't been able to play Tribble either. Gets ready to give me character selection and then *poof*
    edited October 2013
    This has been ongoing for more than a week, and the crashing to desktop as well as the launcher saying there is an error, requesting to check all files clearly indicates it is more than maintenance.

Update; Same results tonight. Tribble crashes everytime.
    edited October 2013
    patched it with todays patch and same result as the day before todays patch I keep crashing on the Cryptic loading Screen
    edited October 2013
    Here's the latest ticket for Tribble: #25992675

I deleted everything in the folder. EVERYTHING. Reloaded it and it still crashed. Holodeck runs fine. Redshirt runs fine. It's only Tribble that's fracked. It can't be my computer or Holodeck and Redshirt woudn't run either (right?).
  • jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Connecting to login server stays up forever.
  • darkjujitsudarkjujitsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My launcher doesn't have a Tribble button anymore. Only redshirt. Not sure how to get it back.
    edited October 2013
    Tried again today, same result. Redshirt works fine. No idea what to do to fix this.
    edited October 2013
    had a back and forth twitter conversation with Brandon last night about this issue. Hopefully it's getting some attention now.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    apparently something messed up between yesterday and today on tribble i could load it up and get on with visuals to now i can load tribble but no graphics to see my toon to pic or even if i randomly get lucky to get in holo and redshirt work fine just tribble.

• robertlllrobertlll Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't even connect to the login server on Tribble now. Can you guys get this fixed?
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can not log in either after patch.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, they are still patching it...........
  • midnighttangomidnighttango Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seems enough has been stated about the obvious here in this thread. So, this post is to find out if BranFlakes or one of the other Devs have posted a reason for this issue that we all seem to be having.
    MIDNIGHTTANGO
    RENEGADE CONTINUUM Div.1 FLEET COMMAND
  • crypt1c1crypt1c1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here, I select Tribble and right when I get to the character selection screen it goes completely black and then crashes and gives me an error.
  • f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here. Debug log ist flooded with:
    [1026/032647:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(154)]
    Failed to load [STOPATH]\Playtest\devtools_resources.pak
    Some features may not be available.

At least it's only on tribble ^^

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same for me. After hearing Tribble is open for Silver players I've decided to patch it.

Unfortunately, the game keeps crashing to desktop during the very first Cryptic Loading screen.

I've had no such issue when S8 Tribble went live - I was able to get to the startup screen without problems (even though I wasn't able to log in, due to being Silver).

I'll just say that I'm using Windows XP DX9. As I recall Cryptic had some issues with it during LoR testing as well.

EDIT:

Ok, I managed to load it after fourth attempt, but now I keep getting "Material Files Reloaded" message every time I change an instance.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2013
    This has been happening for 3 weeks now that I cant log in it fist started with Holodeck with the 10-03-13 patch had to wait a Whole WEEK for them to fix it and they did after 7 full days they fixed it and I managed to log in to Holodeck, a Whole Week later they fixed Redshirt Server.

But for some reason Tribble still keeps causing me to crash at the Black Cryptic Loading screen. I really wanna test Season 8 out and hope they fix this before the Test week as I've never missed a Test week in the Whole 3 almost 4 years now since this game came out.
  • crypt1c1crypt1c1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well I was actually able to get in game, except I had a black screen on the toon selection menu and the screen was black during the game. I tried to switch to windowed mode and got a fatal error driver message but im using the latest drivers.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    crypt1c1 wrote: »
    Well I was actually able to get in game, except I had a black screen on the toon selection menu and the screen was black during the game. I tried to switch to windowed mode and got a fatal error driver message but im using the latest drivers.

yeah thats what i get once in a while i can get in the game with everything fine like on holo or redshirt but then other times the black screen like u just said heck i just had it like 3 minutes before coming on here i even rebooted my pc just to be safe lol.

• connorbalfourconnorbalfour Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So not im the only one with these problem. Ive deleted the whole holodeck for making some space for the tribble, and now... Always crashes...

First time, I really wanna test the new season, but i cannot :mad:
    Star Trek - Revolution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dont even get to the launcher to select the server, as the launcher fails to connect
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    after loading screen tribble keeps crashing... i'm hoping you get this fixed till the testweekend...
  • sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was one of the people who was affected by the 10/3 patch and unable to play until they fixed it with the 10/10 patch on Holodeck. This crash on the Cryptic loading screen when logging into Tribble is exactly the same -- and I don't mean "similar," I literally mean exactly the same. It crashes at the identical point in the loading progress bar (around 80% or so).

It is worrisome that you encountered the same problem once before and fixed it in one week (a bit less than that to get the fix on Redshirt for us to test), but for some reason you're not fixing it when all the new Season 8 content is involved even though you've had weeks to get around to it.

So, what gives? Is it just that you guys never imported the fix you put in the 10/10 Holodeck patch into Tribble? If so, why haven't you done so after so long? Is the fix incompatible with Season 8 content? If so, will those of us affected by the 10/3 patch be unable to play at STO all once Season 8 launches on Holodeck?

The silence is beginning to be a bit troubling, so we could really use some answers here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thawitchking3thawitchking3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got in and when i try to fix my video settings by turning it to full screen i crash :mad:
    edited October 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Same problem here, It looks like we are going to have to wait until the final release before they have enough complaints to fix the issue, I'm not happy about it but one person doesn't change a thing here. The sad thing is I kinda understand it.
    sarlik wrote: »
    I was one of the people who was affected by the 10/3 patch and unable to play until they fixed it with the 10/10 patch on Holodeck. This crash on the Cryptic loading screen when logging into Tribble is exactly the same -- and I don't mean "similar," I literally mean exactly the same. It crashes at the identical point in the loading progress bar (around 80% or so).

It is worrisome that you encountered the same problem once before and fixed it in one week (a bit less than that to get the fix on Redshirt for us to test), but for some reason you're not fixing it when all the new Season 8 content is involved even though you've had weeks to get around to it.

So, what gives? Is it just that you guys never imported the fix you put in the 10/10 Holodeck patch into Tribble? If so, why haven't you done so after so long? Is the fix incompatible with Season 8 content? If so, will those of us affected by the 10/3 patch be unable to play at STO all once Season 8 launches on Holodeck?

The silence is beginning to be a bit troubling, so we could really use some answers here.

Same i was the original poster of this problem on the forum so u know ive been there took them like 2 weeks right for them to fix it