test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We need an alternate way to earn fleet credits

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
It's easy to spend those fleet marks when you have a low level fleet with not many members.but for us in fleets with full membership and all tiers maxed out,it becomes a lottery to spend marks.you have to be online when a new project starts up and then it's a race to contribute.A lot of luck is involved.I always seem to have the misfortune to be online and all projects are hours away from being complete.It's high time that the devs add a fleet reputation. several projects you can do through the player reputation to earn some fleet credits would help out so many players.I know that some new fleet holdings are set to be introduced with the next season but that is only a short term fix,as I'm sure my fleet will have it maxed out in about two or three weeks.
Post edited by gholendhor on

Comments

• Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its easy to get them...just donate things to the projects.

Seams there are a lot of people who want to sit back and have the simple stuff only for easy credits....and then complain because someone else donated to the easy thing first...even though...that particular donation doesn't give much for fleet credits.

I made a lot of fleet credits across many differing fleets....and because I think I made so much I got kicked out of one or two of them...for I think being higher ranked then the people who ran the fleets....go figure....some people hate when others out do them.

For me my biggest problem is having stuff to spend the credits on....because in almost every fleet I am in, I am always kept at the lowest rank with no options to use the vendors or anything in the fleet bases.

I admit its ironic....

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Did you actually read his post?

The problem is that, in large fleets, the projects fill up so fast and so erratically that a lot of people cannot get an opportunity to earn credits.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Then why don't you join or team up with a smaller fleet - you join them for earning fleet credits, and return to your main fleet when you want to buy stuff.

Yet another person with useless advice ..

Re-read what he is asking for ... more diversity in how to get them.
    Leaving a large fleet to join a smaller one is not as simplistic nor an even realistic answer for alot of us in large fleets.
  • Options
    pizzy84pizzy84 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, one option i know that happens is to create a sort of mini fleet within the fleet. Basically, some of your fleet leaders create a new fleet with alts, then instead of just opening the specials, you can join the mini fleet, dump into the projects then go back to your normal fleet. So instead of having specials opened for you, they will just invite you to the secondry fleet, let you earn your credits then get you back into the main one
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gholendhor wrote: »
    It's easy to spend those fleet marks when you have a low level fleet with not many members.but for us in fleets with full membership and all tiers maxed out,it becomes a lottery to spend marks.you have to be online when a new project starts up and then it's a race to contribute.A lot of luck is involved.I always seem to have the misfortune to be online and all projects are hours away from being complete.It's high time that the devs add a fleet reputation. several projects you can do through the player reputation to earn some fleet credits would help out so many players.I know that some new fleet holdings are set to be introduced with the next season but that is only a short term fix,as I'm sure my fleet will have it maxed out in about two or three weeks.
    There's definitely a need for Special Projects with "HIGH" Fleet Marks, much like the ones that require huge amounts of Dilithium.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They have those special projects that say specifically it's to help large fleets produce credits. Seems a simple fix would be to give a bump to the Fleet mark requirements. A BIG bump.

It's true, Fleet marks are one of the easier things to donate, but it's also one of the few items you can earn as a fleet. I'm lucky enough to be in a fleet that does enjoy playing together once in a while. We did 3 20-player events today. Had a lot of fun and earn a lot of marks. And they're just sitting there.

Sure it's great fun grinding up Doffs all alone and whatnot, but I would dare say it's even more fun to play as a fleet and earn credits that way.
  • Options
    dechala1dechala1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How about have the missions that drop a box, and give us say 1/2 value worth of fleet credit instead of fleet marks. That way we could earn those fleet credits, have them not count towards "leaderboards" so that fleets based on that promotion system don't lose it, and make it less profitable than the straight marks, to help offset "Fleet leechers"
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Switching out the Massive Dilithium Sinks with Fleet marks would be a huge boon. But alas they want you spend money for zen to convert to dilithium to put into the dilithium sink projects.

I wish there where better ways.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They have those special projects that say specifically it's to help large fleets produce credits. Seems a simple fix would be to give a bump to the Fleet mark requirements. A BIG bump..
    Yes, from 500 to 500,000 would be a good start. As it stands now our Fleet is constantly running that particulate "special project" because of the low requirement in Fleet Marks. 525 Fleets Marks doesn't go too far when you're in a large fleet.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    An alternative Fleet Mark only project would be real nice, like those you find in personal Rep projects.

It accepts 500,000 marks and awards... I don't know, a tribble? It might not even need to do anything; since the reward is fleet credits.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know they won't hence I didn't offer any form of solution to the problem.

It's just annoying when peoples only advice is to leave large fleets and join a small one.
    There is a reason why certain fleets are so big ;)
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like any other large organization, large fleets are stifling, inefficient, and generally discourage proactive member initiative. This is why you shouldn't join them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like any other large organization, large fleets are stifling, inefficient, and generally discourage proactive member initiative. This is why you shouldn't join them.

I'd like to shamelessly plug the Ausmonauts here. We're chill and don't even require you to contribute. The only screening test we have is having you stay for a month before unlocking store access.

Meanwhile, we're celebrating Gagh-toberfest together with our Klingon fleet and strongly beckon anyone to join a fleet with financial strength that never forgot what small fleet cosiness was. There's PVE record parsing, melee The Big Dig runs and pictures, and fleet raffles to be won. And of course, Beer. Malt. Cold. By the keg!

Also, we'll be holding an "Elite Fleet Sausage Sizzle" at the Dyson Sphere once S8 arrives. Even if you aren't wearing the olive & khaki, be sure to join us as we introduce the dinosaurs to premium Little Creatures! :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    I'd like to shamelessly plug the Ausmonauts here. We're chill and don't even require you to contribute. The only screening test we have is having you stay for a month before unlocking store access.

Meanwhile, we're celebrating Gagh-toberfest together with our Klingon fleet and strongly beckon anyone to join a fleet with financial strength that never forgot what small fleet cosiness was. There's PVE record parsing, melee The Big Dig runs and pictures, and fleet raffles to be won. And of course, Beer. Malt. Cold. By the keg!

Also, we'll be holding an "Elite Fleet Sausage Sizzle" at the Dyson Sphere once S8 arrives. Even if you aren't wearing the olive & khaki, be sure to join us as we introduce the dinosaurs to premium Little Creatures! :D

Good luck trying to take my job :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As much of a great idea as it sounds to leave a large fleet to join a small fleet, people are in the fleets they are in for a reason. Some people enjoy fleets of a certain size for various reasons. I personally like being in a large fleet since it's easier to find warm bodies for STFs and fleet actions and such, and there's generally some good dicsussions going on in chat, plus if you have a questions there's plenty of answers.

At the same time there are fleets that actually aim to stay small despite the hardship it brings to grinding holdings.

What we need is some way to let members of larger fleets donate to the smaller fleets without changing fleets.
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    there are special project missions that complete in 30 minutes. so the problem is not the game or cryptic doing something. the problem is your fleet leadership listening to the needs of their members.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Seams there are a lot of people who want to sit back and have the simple stuff only for easy credits....and then complain because someone else donated to the easy thing first...even though...that particular donation doesn't give much for fleet credits.

I made a lot of fleet credits across many differing fleets....and because I think I made so much I got kicked out of one or two of them...for I think being higher ranked then the people who ran the fleets....go figure....some people hate when others out do them.

For me my biggest problem is having stuff to spend the credits on....because in almost every fleet I am in, I am always kept at the lowest rank with no options to use the vendors or anything in the fleet bases.

I admit its ironic....

You didnt read his post. I currently have 1300 fleet marks, but its impossible to convert them to credits if the rest of my Fleet is online when the projects are posted and I am at work, so they fill up the marks and I cant use then damn fleet marks for anythign else because the projects are already full in the Fleet Marks area....
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    paulyman wrote: »
    there are special project missions that complete in 30 minutes. so the problem is not the game or cryptic doing something. the problem is your fleet leadership listening to the needs of their members.

These projects don't get queued because they are a waste of resources and don't actually progress the holdings by much at all. If there are other means of earning fleet credits (we have a few small allies who let us donate to their holdings) then why would you bother with the useless projects?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's definitely a need for Special Projects with "HIGH" Fleet Marks, much like the ones that require huge amounts of Dilithium.

Though that idea does seem to be a good idea... in theory, It just won't work. Take for example, I am in a large fleet (not really large persay, but everyone is freaking crazy active at donating) but like he said, the Fleet marks fill up fast, and at least 50 people are sitting there with thousands of marks to donate. even then, it would fill up fast.

Now on another hand, the Dilithium idea just won't work. Some projects already require a lot of that, and honestly, no one wants to donate their dilithium. It is the most coveted form of currency in game that fleet members want, because any fleet purchase requires fleet credits, and most likely dilithium. The more dilithium that is required, the more time it takes to start a project because they want that currency to themselves. and also, it does not have a good fleet credit turnover rate.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sure, let's boost the fleet mark requirements for projects and make it take even longer for smaller fleets to progress. What a brilliant solution.

If you're stuck in a fleet too large that you can contribute, join a smaller fleet or get together with a few others in your current fleet and make an off-shoot. You only need to unlock T1 in a category before you can start provisioning, and once you have provisions you can buy fleet equipment for everything but fleet ships. So grab your ship (most only cost 20k fc which is peanuts to get, most of the cost is the fleet modules), then form or join a smaller fleet and you have projects everywhere that you can contribute to.
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seems to me like the answer to the problem is right there on the first page:
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Then why don't you join or team up with a smaller fleet - you join them for earning fleet credits, and return to your main fleet when you want to buy stuff.

This approach is a win-win for everyone. Large fleet player gets his or her fleet credits, smaller host fleet gets a temporary boost in resources, all players involve get more social interaction, developers don't have to introduce more code into the game or open potential loopholes for exploiters.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sure, let's boost the fleet mark requirements for projects and make it take even longer for smaller fleets to progress. What a brilliant solution.
    They have those special projects that say specifically it's to help large fleets produce credits. Seems a simple fix would be to give a bump to the Fleet mark requirements. A BIG bump.

Not all projects. Just the ones which their sole purpose is suppose to be to alleviate the very problem we are discussing here.
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    Though that idea does seem to be a good idea... in theory, It just won't work. Take for example, I am in a large fleet (not really large persay, but everyone is freaking crazy active at donating) but like he said, the Fleet marks fill up fast, and at least 50 people are sitting there with thousands of marks to donate. even then, it would fill up fast.

50,000 or as suggested even 500,000 would go a hell of a lot farther than 525.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As an officer in a large fleet I can tell you that this is a real problem. We encourage our members to swap to other fleets to dump flarks, but that's getting to be a major logistical nightmare. A special project that just eats 50k flarks and nothing else would be great for us.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really would enjoy a personal rep project. One that provides Dil, so as to help ALLEVIATE the Dil costs of Fleet projects. Or for Fleet credits.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]