test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phelban system.

comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
Ok, tau Dewa sector, Phelban system. Miners with quantum torpedoes? I don't think so. Those ships are way over gunned for what they are.....
Post edited by comtedeloach2 on

Comments

• auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's the 25th century, everything's possible [in STO]! You obviously haven't re-played any of the time traveling missions, where 23rd century D-7 class garbage haulers barrage you with a set of bioneural torpedos, circa 200 years before they first appeared in canon.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    auricius wrote: »
    It's the 25th century, everything's possible [in STO]! You obviously haven't re-played any of the time traveling missions, where 23rd century D-7 class garbage haulers barrage you with a set of bioneural torpedos, circa 200 years before they first appeared in canon.

Not to mention, their hand weapons cut through your advanced armor and personal shields like they don't exist.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ah, that wacky, crazy Temporal Cold War.....
  • tejmashkttejmashkt Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ah, that wacky, crazy Temporal Cold War.....

It's always cold on Rura Penthe.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Quantum torpedoes are almost 50 years old at the time of STO... not exactly a new invention.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Quantum torpedoes are almost 50 years old at the time of STO... not exactly a new invention.

So are nuclear weapons, yet not every miner got one.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    So are nuclear weapons, yet not every miner got one.

Everyone had photon torpedoes around TOS... Quantums are really just enhanced Photons according to the Memory Alpha and in-show dialoguge, so it's more like talking upgrades to a rocket, than comparing a handgun to a missile.

Seems to me your analogy is flawed in 100 of 100 ways.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Everyone had photon torpedoes around TOS... Quantums are really just enhanced Photons according to the Memory Alpha and in-show dialoguge, so it's more like talking upgrades to a rocket, than comparing a handgun to a missile.

Seems to me your analogy is flawed in 100 of 100 ways.

What?
    Explain me again why miners should have any military-grade torpedos? Modern miners don't have rockets, and the technology exists for decades. It does not matter how old a technology is. What does matter is whether it is reasonable to assume that a specific faction would have the reason or even the means to posses said weapons.
    They are miners. They are out for a profit. Arming yourself to the teeth does only makes sense if it's really dangerours where you're operating and you would still make a profit. Even then, getting some mercs do protect the mining vessels seems to be the more likely solution.

And "everyone" had photons in TOS?
    Building arguments around unfunded absolutes, heh? Show me the miners with photon torpedos from TOS then.
    And 100 ways? You pointed out one flawed and circular argument. Not into counting, aren't we?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't forget, they also seem to be armed with antiproton weaponry, too!
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was actually going to comment on their antiproton beams before I got distracted. That seems even more extravagant than the quantum torpedoes. It's not like the ship is doing the actual mining...
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wibbly wobbly tim.. oh wait..

As many ships that have exploded in that quadrant by that time, there could be people with Quantum torpedo launchers using them to shoot fireworks, now the question is getting the ammo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.