test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When leaving bridge... how lazy can one be???

picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
One thing I've noticed... I'm relaxing in my ship's ready room, and it is time to go on a mission. Ok... clicky "Leave Ship Interior".

My toon... teleports? To where? The next room over to the bridge?

HAS IT COME TO THAT?! We teleport rather than walk 30 feet?! No exercise in the future? Only teleporting one room to the next?
Post edited by picardtheiii on

Comments

• Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One thing I've noticed... I'm relaxing in my ship's ready room, and it is time to go on a mission. Ok... clicky "Leave Ship Interior".

HAS IT COME TO THAT?! We teleport rather than walk 30 feet?! No exercise in the future? Only teleporting one room to the next?

And thanks to transporter technology you don't even have to go to the bathroom anymore it filters it out of you when you transport.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    And thanks to transporter technology you don't even have to go to the bathroom anymore it filters it out of you when you transport.

thats some info i could have lived with out in other words to much 411
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    tejmashkttejmashkt Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »

Where do you think the replicators get the raw matter for the things you are asking it to make. Enjoy that sandwich.... someone else did before you.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What, you actually thought all those incidents involving transporters and the Enterprise-no-suffix were accidents?

Kirk getting split into two, opening a door to the Mirror Universe...

Why do you think they finally were able to go from "Five-year mission" to "Continuing mission"?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    I RP that I am transporting to the battle bridge :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The OP has a point. Why does a transport sequence happen when we leave the interior of the ship we are currently on? Beaming off a ship which you are visiting is one thing. But your own ship?
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh good, this bothers someone else too. :o
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For awhile, back in 2010-11, the scene simply zoomed in on your captain when hitting Leave Ship Interior. That was added in response to very threads like this. Then, somehow, it was broken again and it's never been fixed since.
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Even better when you have to stand up out of the Cap's seat so he can beam out to what I'd guess was the Cap's seat so you can start your journey.

Look at the oddy it put transporters on the bridge so they don't even have to worry bout trying to talk to the Transporter chief on the comms. They can just yell it out " Beam down our away team." So not only do they not want to walk but hitting the little pin on your shirt or a button on the cap's chair is to much like work for those guys lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At least we fair better than President Skroob in Spaceballs...
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tejmashkt wrote: »
    Where do you think the replicators get the raw matter for the things you are asking it to make. Enjoy that sandwich.... someone else did before you.
    There might be extra mayo if that someone was suffering from diarrhea
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They need to just remove the animation.

There is literally no reason for the beam out part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    At least we fair better than President Skroob in Spaceballs...

Could you imagine?!

At least we have "STO the Flamethrower" now :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you imagine?!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

we do have that!

could we get a line of STO the TOY? I totally want a little atrox and Oddy.......
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How about a lockbox piggy bank?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The bridge entry/exit teleports are just plain backwards...if you're in your ship in space when you visit bridge, you beam into and out of your bridge but when you're on the ground, you don't. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you imagine?!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But we don't have anything to watch STO on. How are we supposed to know what's going to happen, where the Iconians will be?! :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    tejmashkttejmashkt Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    we do have that!

could we get a line of STO the TOY? I totally want a little atrox and Oddy.......

A little plush Spock that when you pull the cord it goes, "Live long and prosper."
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sto is the ultimate first person shooter. when you beam off the bridge they beam you into space and using an elaborate tractor beam setup they the ship moves your captain around your ship giving you that camera angle sense. space is literally a first person experience.

Don't worry at least we now have ev suits in game for the past few seasons. Before our captain had to hold their breath for a very long time in a vacuum.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well current astronauts recycle their urine into drinking water so having everything recycled into raw material for the replicators doesn't seem so far fetched.
    tejmashkt wrote: »
    A little plush Spock that when you pull the cord it goes, "Live long and prosper."

Don't forget the Kirk plushie that screams "KHAAAAAAAN!" or the Picard plushie that says "Make it so."
  • Options
    kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    talien wrote: »
    Well current astronauts recycle their urine into drinking water so having everything recycled into raw material for the replicators doesn't seem so far fetched.

I think we have the "pink slime" scandal of the 24th century right here.
  • Options
    gthaatargthaatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It'd be cooler and more immersive if they let you click on the captain's chair to do a straight exit to the space view.

IE, a "Sit in the Captain's Chair" option that'll exit the bridge and return you to space view.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I RP that I am transporting to the battle bridge :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I fly Defiants. The battle bridge is the bridge.

As for the OP, it's a change to an animation that is a low priority because there is no profit in correcting it. Maybe some sort of fleet project involving Zen credits....
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gthaatar wrote: »
    It'd be cooler and more immersive if they let you click on the captain's chair to do a straight exit to the space view.

IE, a "Sit in the Captain's Chair" option that'll exit the bridge and return you to space view.

I like this idea. It shouldn't be too hard to impliment right?

Although if I could choose anything, rock music would start playing and camera would just zoom out through the hull and to space view while character plays air guitar.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013

You're transported to an arbitrary point on a non-euclidean plane.
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My ship doesnt have interior, only a bridge. Were my character goes when he teleports from the bridge? To the vacuum?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pffft, I am too tired to walk those few meters to my Captains chair. Much easier to teleport straight to it :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lter wrote: »
    My ship doesnt have interior, only a bridge. Were my character goes when he teleports from the bridge? To the vacuum?

Your bridge isn't interior to your ship?