test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange Sounds on ESD and other social zones

Comments

• bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There used to be a glitch with the Doomsday weapon mission, the sounds from it would get stuck in a loop, and no matter where you went after that all you could here was those sounds.

It sounds like whomever or whatever is causing these sounds to happen, is using that glitch to make them follow you around from instance to instance.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :( I want to experience this!
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :( I want to experience this!
    Just run around drozanna station for a while and you will.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the one comment: "I'm going back to New Romulus. You Feds are whack."

And what's with all the headbutting? lol
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2013

That all is so random. It definitely sounds like an audio glitch to me. I can't totally disregard an epic troll with them keybound, but it really does seem like a genuine glitch.

That said, instead of doing away with this in a fix, they can go ahead & keep Gein on Drozana for the spookiness, and the chanting Klingon on ESD. Put the screaming Ferengi in Quark's Bar. Disembodied voices + October = awesomely creepy.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I heard Yesterday On K7 in the morning
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nyx219 wrote: »
    That all is so random. It definitely sounds like an audio glitch to me. I can't totally disregard an epic troll with them keybound, but it really does seem like a genuine glitch.

That said, instead of doing away with this in a fix, they can go ahead & keep Gein on Drozana for the spookiness, and the chanting Klingon on ESD. Put the screaming Ferengi in Quark's Bar. Disembodied voices + October = awesomely creepy.

This. :D

Make it into a Halloween event, or something! Easy excuse for some new prizes/items/etc....
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
    edited October 2013
    capemike4 wrote: »
    This. :D

Make it into a Halloween event, or something! Easy excuse for some new prizes/items/etc....

Even if it was just for the atmosphere and no event, I'd love it if the voices stayed in some areas :D Top that off with some lighting flickers and maybe faint apparitions in dark areas or windows, faint whispering, etc, and you could pull off an inkling of a haunted house atmosphere easy :)

It would absolutely rock if they stuck Gein or some similar menacing concept in the Risan forest at night. THAT would be creepy as heck.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was in DS-9 Friday night and Holo Leeta was talking about walking around naked on Ferenginar, the ferengi from the 2800 series voice was begging not to be killed, followed by classic TOS phaser fire. In orbit at ESD one of my alts listened to "Congradulations General" and Klingon singing over, and over. It was...amusing.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven`t heard it before but as i was at the exchange yesterday suddenly i heard the Bonnie-kin Voice and i have to say for a moment i was scared because i thought i somehow got into an event or mission and realized my weapons didnt work. But the other players did nothing so i calmed down . The Drozana lower levels freak me out every time and now i have to hear that voice even in ESD. I hope next time my Rifle works and i can go on a "Mental Breakdown Amok Run" The only thing missing are fading lights and Devidians and i never will set a foot on ESD again.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Heard the klaxon going off when I was on DS9, thought it might have heralded a Red Alert for the sector? :confused:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nyx219 wrote: »

Yeah at one point you can hear Leeta talking over herself 5-6 times in the same audio clip. There might be something that people do to trigger the glitch, but it definitely appears to be a glitch.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DS9 is currently going crazy. Red Alert sirens. Bonnie Kin voices. Klingon death songs. Multiple Leeta voices. Explosions. These are all sounds currently being heard at DS9

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's time for Mr. Flakes tell us if this is some problem with the game or a possible prelude to a event.

I was on ESD and the Red Alert sounded... first I felt like in the TV shows: The Red Alert? Battle Stations!
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah at one point you can hear Leeta talking over herself 5-6 times in the same audio clip. There might be something that people do to trigger the glitch, but it definitely appears to be a glitch.

Hence the term "exploitable glitch," usually shortened to "exploit."
    edited October 2013
    After going to DS9 and hearing the screaming Ferengi..... I don't think it's being done by a player.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not going to hear anything from devs about it till Monday. Was still entertaining initially. Tripped me out when the red alert started going off cause I was afk showering and all of a sudden I am hearing red alert. Of course I am like, what the hell is this about? Then I started hearing explosions. That was enough to get me to skip drying off cause I thought some random event had started and my toon was just standing there in the midst of numerous explosions.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Oohhh I'm in the first video
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Damn Iconians and their silly viruses.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

To this day, "Bonni-kin" still freaks the hell out of me....
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    QnoS seems to be calm
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Damn Iconians and their silly viruses.

I'm really getting tired of being blamed for everything. It was Lord Nemesis this time.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yesterday I was on DS9 and somebody started blasting a line of music over and over. I put it down to some ******* ****ing with his voice chat.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    On Drozona in the social area, I've heard:
    "Bonniekin" several times, "Congratulations Admiral" in a Klingon voice several times, and
    the obnoxious yelping Ferengi. All while playing my Fed toon.
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
    edited October 2013
    I haven't heard anything on ESD yet this morning. I'm kind of disappointed, I was looking forward to random spookiness :(
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    I like the one comment: "I'm going back to New Romulus. You Feds are whack."

And what's with all the headbutting? lol

I saw that in chat and lol'd. One of the better comments in ESD chat. :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am surprised a certain group who shall remain already hinted at has not posted in here to either claim or deny responsibly since this is pretty much their MO to tee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
    edited October 2013
    Like the one person said, the screaming Ferengi I heard on DS9 seemed to be coming from the Exchange consoles. moving to the other side of the station made it so I couldn't hear the sound at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm really getting tired of being blamed for everything. It was Lord Nemesis this time.
    I still laugh every time I think of the super villain mission with all the big time evil NPCs standing around and Longbow shows up, and Nemesis is all "Oh, yeah, I called them. Have fun!" :cool:
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax