test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New graphics problem text

organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Graphical and Sound Issues
After today's patch, after hitting Engage, the Launcher vanishes and then a text box appears:

Couldn't create D3D device. IDirect3D9::CreateDevice failed with hr D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (0x8876086a)

I click OK, and the game starts.

Those problems began with LoR, and now they go even further?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well at least u can log in im cant even get past the Black Cryptic loading screen as soon as i hit 70% loading on that screen i crash this has been like the 10th time think imma give up for a few hrs
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well at least u can log in im cant even get past the Black Cryptic loading screen as soon as i hit 70% loading on that screen i crash this has been like the 10th time think imma give up for a few hrs

I'm having the same problem. The game worked just fine last night. Then when I tried to play this afternoon after the patch download the game keeps crashing to the desktop while trying to load the game.
  • sfsfarrolasfsfarrola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm getting the same issue, is there some kind of answer for this anyone ?
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm probably kicking in an open door, but here goes:

Your error message "IDirect3D9" tells me you're using Directx9, have you tried installing the latest version?

Oh, and have you tried to install the latest video drivers? Only a month ago i've updated my nvidia drivers from 211 to 320.. Believe me; improvements all around (less crashes as well).
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • spacemanspiff276spacemanspiff276 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Getting the IDirect3D9 error message when clicking "engage" and trying to start the game. Running Windows 7 Home premium SP1 with Direct X11 installed. help?
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got the DX 11 version of this on every map I loaded as well as the LOR loading screen in Windows 8, I'm running the latest ATI drivers for my card (without going Beta) though since I went back to DX 9 I've not had the issue at all.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think that this should help you all
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812491
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]